We just lost a WR, so the Bills sign a RB???

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not surprising. They have Graham who can dress now to replace Nelsons spot on teh field, and they need a 3rd RB to replace Jackson until he comes back.

Everyone gets so upset because they think that just because you have a roster spot open up, you need to fill it with teh same position. They basically did this because they lsot one WR and one RB and replaced them with a RB and WR

With Fred injured, there were only 2 RB on the roster. I don't think anyone ever dresses just 2 RB in the NFL. We still have enough WRs and I think Brad Smith may be used more extensively there. He performed pretty well there last year and this year it's early enough where he could actually get good at the position. Lord knows he's better than Ruvell Martin. I wish we would have held on to Hagan instead of Martin. Don't worry PTR it's early in the season so there's plenty of time to resign Naman Roosevelt when aomone else goes in IR. Right now we have to have a RB

Graham replaces Nelson (he was inactive last game so now this allows him to be active, Chan said he was hoping to give more time to Graham to get ready, but this puts them into a position where he is gonna have to get himself ready quicker now), and White replaces FJ

They didn't have a spare RB on the bench or inactive after CJ and Choice, they have spare WRs in Graham, and Easley that can fill Nelsons roster spot

Graham replaces Nelson (he was inactive last game so now this allows him to be active, Chan said he was hoping to give more time to Graham to get ready, but this puts them into a position where he is gonna have to get himself ready quicker now), and White replaces FJ

They didn't have a spare RB on the bench or inactive after CJ and Choice, they have spare WRs in Graham, and Easley that can fill Nelsons roster spot

But it is White filling Nelson's roster spot right? If Easley gets bumped up someone else has to be moved off of the 53 man roster. Or did I miss a cut somewhere?

With Fred injured, there were only 2 RB on the roster. I don't think anyone ever dresses just 2 RB in the NFL.

Bingo! Not sure why everyone doesn't comprehend this. If one of your RB's gets dinged it would leave you with MacIntyre or dickerson spelling Choice or Spiller. A team can survive with just 2 WR. If you are relying on your 4th WR for anything, you are in trouble.

But it is White filling Nelson's roster spot right? If Easley gets bumped up someone else has to be moved off of the 53 man roster. Or did I miss a cut somewhere?

White takes Nelsons roster spot, because they need a RB until Fred gets back since it leaves them with only 2 healthy RBs on the roster (CJ and Choice), and Graham goes from being Inactive on Sunday, to now being active to take Nelsons spot. Yes, if Easley was moved ontot the Roster he takes a spot on the 53. Thats why they didn't go out and get another WR somwehere to take Nelsons spot on the roster. They have Graham on the roster who was one of the inactives last week, and they don't have another RB who can go from inactive to active, or even one on the PS that could come up, so they had to use that open roster spot for a RB.

I only used Easley and the PS in my first post to say that the bills have other options in the organisation right now for WR, but not for RB, unless you make a FB a RB or make Brad Smith into one. People seem to get upset/confused when a player is put on IR or cut, and another player of the same position isn't sign to fill it, they use the roster spot on another position

Jboyst said that it seems the team is sending mixed messages when it is not. They lost a WR and RB from the active roster and replaced them with a RB and WR now on the active roster. Only difference is that they used the IR opening from a WR to sign a RB to the active roster until FJ can return

Not the move I was expecting, but it does make sense.

With only 2 RB's on the roster the Bills need some insurance. What if, God forbid, Spiller gets hurt? They would be down to Choice & McIntyre.

As far as WR goes, TJ Graham will have his baptism of fire now.