We just lost a WR, so the Bills sign a RB???

PromoTheRobot

Bingo! Not sure why everyone doesn't comprehend this. If one of your RB's gets dinged it would leave you with MacIntyre or dickerson spelling Choice or Spiller. A team can survive with just 2 WR. If you are relying on your 4th WR for anything, you are in trouble.

I think everyone gets the numbers thing...but the Bills decision to go with 4 wideouts on Sunday didn't work out so well...and now they are going with 4 again, and one apparenlty is "not ready" for the NFL... they dressed Dorin Dickerson last week, and I am not even sure if he even stepped on the field..maybe he did, but he certainly wasn't noticeable. Unless they plan on using Dickerson as a receiver some (wouldn't last week have been ideal for that?), why have two fullbacks dressed? Just seems this would be the ideal time to not only accellerate TJ Grahams development, but Marcus Easley as well.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo! Not sure why everyone doesn't comprehend this. If one of your RB's gets dinged it would leave you with MacIntyre or dickerson spelling Choice or Spiller. A team can survive with just 2 WR. If you are relying on your 4th WR for anything, you are in trouble.

I will try to break this down so it might be easier to understand....

-They needed someone to take FJs spot on the roster until he returns, his injury (because he isn't being placed on IR) does not open up a roster spot to sign someone new.

-Nelsons injury puts him on the IR and gives them an extra roster spot to sign someone new to the roster.

-On the Bills 53 man roster, they have a WR, TJ Graham who was one of the "healthy scratches" Inactives this week, they do not have any RBs on the roster outside of CJ, FJ, and Choice

-Fred now will move from the active to inactive list on the 53 man roster

-This frees up a spot for Graham to come in and go from the inactive "Healthy Scratch" list to the active roster

-Graham now replace nelson as an active WR and gives them the same amount of WRs on the field as they had Game 1

-The Bills now can use the opening on the 53 man roster opened from Nelson being put on IR to sign White back to the team and fill in for Fj until he can come back and give them the same amount of RBs as they had in game 1

Therefore its very simple to understand, the replace an injured RB and WR with a RB and WR so they have the same amount of RBs and WRs on the roster as they did going into game 1

I think everyone gets the numbers thing...but the Bills decision to go with 4 wideouts on Sunday didn't work out so well...and now they are going with 4 again, and one apparenlty is "not ready" for the NFL... they dressed Dorin Dickerson last week, and I am not even sure if he even stepped on the field..maybe he did, but he certainly wasn't noticeable. Unless they plan on using Dickerson as a receiver some (wouldn't last week have been ideal for that?), why have two fullbacks dressed? Just seems this would be the ideal time to not only accellerate TJ Grahams development, but Marcus Easley as well.

So how do you get the extra RB on the active 53 man roster without using Nelsons spot or cutting someone else? Let me guess, just cut Brad Smith, He sucks!

Without cutting someone or moving FJ to IR, they would need an extra roster spot to bring in a WR from outside the organisation and to bring in a RB to fill in for FJ until he can return, just so you can keep Graham on the sidelines for another week?

Could week 1 have gone any worse? I'm certainly not throwing in the towel, but Jesus H, I literally don't think I could imagine a worse scenarios after opening day. Fitz was awful, we lose a starting WR, Fred is out at least 3 weeks, Mario is crying, and were 0-1 in a super competitive division. Oh, and our secondary should be called our tertiary. I also think the next two weeks are must wins.

Good lord, what a mess. Go. Bills.

Apuszczalowski gave a good explanation for anyone still confused. One other thing I'd like to add is that the Bills frequently use Chandler and Spiller as WRs in 4 or 5 WR sets, so having 4 WRs on the roster plus Brad Smith for insurance is good enough to get you through a game if an injury occurs. There are really at least 6 or 7 guys who can play some form of WR for us in a given week as it stands, even if we're only carrying 4 "official" WR on the roster.

but isn't white dealing with a persistent ankle issue??? there have to be others out there, unless knowing the system is that big of a factor...

I'd think knowing the system (and team) is a huge factor. It's not like there are pro bowl RBs sitting around waiting for a call, so the alternative is signing someone with roughly the same skill set as White but with none of the knowledge of the playbook.

The move makes perfect sense.

As he should. Teaching new people the playbook is what you do in July, not September.

My only problem with this is that did they not just say after the final cuts a few weeks ago the roster on opening day was going to look different then what it was then? Besides signing guys to the PS, what other moves did they make to make it different?

So how do you get the extra RB on the active 53 man roster without using Nelsons spot or cutting someone else? Let me guess, just cut Brad Smith, He sucks!

Without cutting someone or moving FJ to IR, they would need an extra roster spot to bring in a WR from outside the organisation and to bring in a RB to fill in for FJ until he can return, just so you can keep Graham on the sidelines for another week?

No, not advocating cutting Brad Smith. It just seems at some point, they are going to have to address the receiver spot.

My only problem with this is that did they not just say after the final cuts a few weeks ago the roster on opening day was going to look different then what it was then? Besides signing guys to the PS, what other moves did they make to make it different?

Seriously? What moves do you really want to see that are going to change the outlook for the Bills? The only guys available are spare parts. Exchanging your spare parts for someone else's isn't going to make any difference.

The guys on the team are the ones who are going to win or lose in 2012.