Was Mario being a crybaby, you be the judge

I don't like the way Mario took his issue to the media but it looks like his claims were legit. If I was Williams I would have told him that if you touch my facemask again, I'm going to rip your !@#$ing head off. The next time he touched it I'd grab his facemask and twist his helmet so the !@#$er was on backwards.

nfl_i_williams_bl_400.jpg

gdeoXl.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he definitely should have kept it out of the media but the bigger issue is how the replacement refs missed AT LEAST these two calls. Hands to the face is illegal and can't be more blatant than what's shown in these two shots. And I doubt these were the only two times Howard got away with it.

GO BILLS!!!

When I read about Mario's rant, it reminded me of a thread here a little while back joking about the '86 Bills replacement players who had to block LT during the strike. Howard probably got some pointers from that one.

I was really thinking that Mario's claims were just sour grapes. But it looks like there is more truth to it than I realized. Makes me feel better, because it is concerning how little he actually did all game

I didn't think there was any chance he'd go off on a rant like that unless he was right.

It's funny how as much as everyone b!tches about announcers, they have a huge impact on fans' perception of the game. Every Monday morning people in the office and on espn are basically parroting everything Chris Collinsworth says during last night's game. Who knows, if this were a Sunday Night game, maybe they would've shown a bunch of replays of him getting clubbed in the head, and we'd all be talking about how bad the refs were. But because Rich Gannon and the 4th string CBS team doesn't pick up any anything, it sounds more like whining.

For the record I do still agree with most everything that's been said here & on WGR. Like Bulldog said: "I might have to do something about it myself" - really Mario? No f'ing kidding, I think maybe anytime when you were losing 34-7 would've been a good time to rip his helmet off.

Although the fact that Mario is probably right, it was kind of a b!&@h move to wine about it. I didn't read, hear, or listen to what he said, just going off the OP here. But at some point, especially as a pro bowl caliber player you just need to shut the opposition the F!$K UP!!! And dominate him. He was very dissapointing yesterday. I really hope he's serious when he says he feeds off being embarrassed and his fans because if he shows up at the Raloh this Sunday looking like he did yesterday, he'll be booed out of the stadium.

Then word around the NFL is these refs are be too scared to make a lot of calls so it's open season now. Hold, facemask, anything you want. Do it every down and dare the refs to flag you.

PTR

Except if youre an experienced bills guard. Apparently the replacements have scrum-thru vision goggles allowing them see thru other players to make sure our guards are 100% clean at all times.

On Williams, Yes I want our players to stand up for themselves, on and off the field. Tactics like that heavily favor the OT and that's why they're strictly enforced. Williams is not known as a trouble maker or whiner, he's been around and has a lot of credibility. You dont get respect and change keeping your mouth shut. Giants players said the same things.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

What I see in your pictures is a 400K first time starter going against a 100million dollar multiple probowl player one on one and neutralizing him ... granted when the scrub pulled some illegal tricks out of his bag he got away with them ... but the fact remains that our "super Mario" didn't have anything in HIS bag of tricks (legal or otherwise) to overcome it.

He's got a hundred million reasons to keep his mouth shut. We didn't pay him just to stop the run. And that's all he did Sunday. Don't give me excuses; give me results. So to answer your question ... yes. Huge crybaby.

What I see in your pictures is a 400K first time starter going against a 100million dollar multiple probowl player one on one and neutralizing him ... granted when the scrub pulled some illegal tricks out of his bag he got away with them ... but the fact remains that our "super Mario" didn't have anything in HIS bag of tricks (legal or otherwise) to overcome it.

This. As I have been taught, it is not cheating until you get caught.

yes, only if he likes my avatar.

Yes, I think he was beng a crybaby. Not saying he was not accurate, but crybaby non the less.

Also worrisome was this from Murphs View from teh Booth Column

Safeties Laron Landry and Yeremiah Bell were both big contributors to Buffalo’s offensive struggles Sunday. Landry led them with 7 tackles, he had two quarterback hits, and he forced the C.J. Spiller fumble. Even though some Bills players were not happy with his overly aggressive play, there’s no denying the impact a hard-hitting safety can have on opponents.

So is the psyche of the team????

This concerns me .