Was Mario being a crybaby, you be the judge

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Rodgers, the league MVP, says illegal contact rule isn’t being enforced the right way.

is he a crybaby too ??

http://profootballta...-the-right-way/

Considering I read an article today that stated that there were more pass interference calls in week 1 this year than in the first two weeks combined last year I'd say year, Rogers is whining because they struggled last week.

Edited by MDH

Yes, I agree with the posters saying he was being a cry baby. if a guy continually is doing something illegal then you do something illegal. Fight fire with fire. I don't care if you spit in his face you better get mad fast and make some plays. He was a practice squad player last year! Dammit Mario that's your queue to turn into Wario (for those who might not be familiar with 90's video game terminology Wario was Mario's evil nemesis). Spit water in his face pull his damn tights down on a play. Now we hear him talk about "by any means neccessary". That should have happened in the first game!

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan said he didn't see Austin Howard use illegal hands to the face in blocking Mario Williams on Sunday. What he saw, he said, was his right tackle playing an outstanding game and keeping the $100 million defensive end at bay.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8362395/new-york-jets-rex-ryan-austin-howard-blocked-buffalo-bills-mario-williams-legally

This was a matchup between a 100 million dollar DE against a practice squad RT. Hands in the face or not, Williams should have been able to blow up Howard all day long. Williams had a bad game, he should have just admitted it and moved on.

Edited by CodeMonkey

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan said he didn't see Austin Howard use illegal hands to the face in blocking Mario Williams on Sunday. What he saw, he said, was his right tackle playing an outstanding game and keeping the $100 million defensive end at bay.

http://espn.go.com/n...illiams-legally

This was a matchup between a 100 million dollar DE against a practice squad RT. Hands in the face or not, Williams should have been able to blow up Howard all day long. Williams had a bad game, he should have just admitted it and moved on.

Perfectly stated. It really can't even be argued.

Perfectly stated. It really can't even be argued.

I don't disagree with Ryan, his scrub got the best of Williams. He may not have "seen it" but I can absolutely envision a scenario where Howard was told to do EXACTLY what he did. Don't forget, this the same Rex Ryan who had to suspend one of his coaches for trying to trip a Dolphins player from the sidelines! Maybe someone could forward this picture to Rex. One thing I'm sure of, the officials will be watching Howard closely when the Jets play the Steelers. If he doesn't do it and has a ****ty day we'll all know the answer........

nfl_i_williams_bl_400.jpg

I agree with alot of the posters in that when you consider Mario being a $100 million dollar, Pro Bowl defensive end and Austin what ever his name is is a practice squad lineman, it doesn't matter if the guy had a baseball bat or an army tank, he (Mario) should have been all over Sanchez all day long. No excuses in this case, just whining.

I'm so disappointed in Bills fans.

Now Justin Tuck, Jared Allen, and Aaron Rodgers have come out and complained about the officials it's not just Mario.

The Bills can never sign big name free agents, finally do, and many of you turn your back on him after one game?!?!? WTF?!?! Your solution is that he do something dirty to retaliate?! No you voice your concern to the officials and let them handle it. It's done and taken care of. He's not a crybaby he spoke up for himself. All of you all pro de's need to get off of your couch and high horse.

Here's the link for Rodgers and Allen.

Considering I read an article today that stated that there were more pass interference calls in week 1 this year than in the first two weeks combined last year I'd say year, Rogers is whining because they struggled last week.

Pass interference is not the same as illegal contact which is a 5 yard penalty and a first down. Of course Rogers is right. There may be more calls this years, but don't you think the players are pushing the envelope a whole lot more this year knowing they have the new refs? The new guys don't want to seem overly officious and the players are testing them. The new refs need to make the calls and then and only then will the players respect them and try to play by the rules.

I'm so disappointed in Bills fans.

Now Justin Tuck, Jared Allen, and Aaron Rodgers have come out and complained about the officials it's not just Mario.

The Bills can never sign big name free agents, finally do, and many of you turn your back on him after one game?!?!? WTF?!?! Your solution is that he do something dirty to retaliate?! No you voice your concern to the officials and let them handle it. It's done and taken care of. He's not a crybaby he spoke up for himself. All of you all pro de's need to get off of your couch and high horse.

Here's the link for Rodgers and Allen.

Not sure who turned their back on Mario? Myself and probably just about every other Bills fan will be cheering him on as loud as ever on sunday. You kinda contradicted yourself though, the bolded area is kinda what I said in an earlier post, you tell the officials and let them handle it, which isn't what he is being called a whiner for-it is running to the media and using it as an excuse after the fact.

Not sure who turned their back on Mario? Myself and probably just about every other Bills fan will be cheering him on as loud as ever on sunday. You kinda contradicted yourself though, the bolded area is kinda what I said in an earlier post, you tell the officials and let them handle it, which isn't what he is being called a whiner for-it is running to the media and using it as an excuse after the fact.

I may have misunderstood but calling someone a whiner is not exactly the best fan support. Things are voiced in the media all the time. It may be a different sport but Phil Jackson was masterful at setting tones with referees through the media. Do you think that his complaints fell on deaf ears? Or do you think the tape was reviewed and officials were spoken to about it? This is his quote:

Williams was furious after the game about the officials’ lack of penalty calls against Jets right tackle Austin Howard for hands to the face.

“You tell somebody from the very beginning of the game,” he said in the locker room, referring to the replacement officials, led by referee Robert Frazer. “And it happens. One time, that’s on me. But when it’s multiple times and I tell you and you honestly act like you don’t even hear me throughout the whole game, I think that’s a real big problem.

“It’s not something that’s really going to dictate something, but what are you going to do about it? You’re getting off the ball and getting punched in the face, literally, not an accident, just about every other time. That’s a penalty. Unless they changed it with the new C.B.A. or something, but last time I checked it was a penalty.”

He did talk to the officials during the game and it fell on deaf ears, so he went to the press. This doesn't come off as whining to me it comes off as being p*ssed off. This thread is literally titled was Mario being a crybaby and is on page 7! There was no context to the op (although I think he was actually defending Mario) and others took him to task.... without reading the quote! (Check page 1 if you don't believe me)

If you've been watching some of the other games so far, it's clear to me at least that these refs are a disaster. I haven't charted the effects of their calls (and more importantly, non-calls) but I'm sure someone out there with a talent for that sort of thing will do it. But so far it looks to me like they might very well be costing some teams victories. And worse, contributing to injuries. It's a joke so far with those guys

I haven't charted the effects of their calls (and more importantly, non-calls)......... But so far it looks to me like they might very well be costing some teams victories. And worse, contributing to injuries.

This is unintentionally hilarious and kind of sad at the same time---- and sums up the mindset of too many on this board.

If you've been watching some of the other games so far, it's clear to me at least that these refs are a disaster. I haven't charted the effects of their calls (and more importantly, non-calls) but I'm sure someone out there with a talent for that sort of thing will do it. But so far it looks to me like they might very well be costing some teams victories. And worse, contributing to injuries. It's a joke so far with those guys

I watched quite a bit of football last weekend, and believe it or not, the refs in the Bills games were great compared to alot of the other games. What mystified me the most in the Bills game was the number of calls they got wrong on reviews? The Bills interception in the first quarter with his foot on the line, Spiller's fumble was never a reception and a few others. The difference in these refs and the real ones really isn't the calls on the field but the number of times they actually get the rules wrong, or take a minute and a half to announce a delay of game penalty. It didn't matter who was officiating the Bills game last week, they got it handed to them either way, but it did make a difference in alot of other games.

Mario is a whiner. If its not about the refs missing calls its about some minor but somehow debilitating injury. Its just the way he is. Get used to it folks. I expect him to bounce back this week.

Mario will learn from these mistakes. He did not leave it all on the field as good player should. And then he miss handled the interview. I rewatched his play against Austin Howard ( who did a heck of a job actually) and Mario sucked mostly. I had to rewind his suckiness to believe it.

That being said I also expect a strong coming out this sunday for the D line. I think they believed the hype and got a bit shaken when Jets handled them well with good coaching. First game. lets move on.