What FA WR do we sign now with the injuries...

Is Plaxico Burress available?

One thing we do need to do if Nelson is done for the year is sign a WR. I think a VET signining signing is the way to go rather than activate some WR fodder. Though NOT a vet guy like Owens or Johnson.

What are your thoughts? One thing we DO NEED is sign someone. So what are some viable options?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

When asked if the Bills were interested in bringing in Plaxico Burress, Buddy Nix said simply and emphatically "no".

The Bills will dress T.J. Graham, first and foremost. Perhaps they promote Marcus Easley to the active roster or re-sign Naaman, but that's as far as it would get. If there were a FA WR that Buffalo felt could fit in or even contribute as a replacement now, he'd have been claimed or signed by the team already.

One thing we do need to do if Nelson is done for the year is sign a WR. I think a VET signining signing is the way to go rather than activate some WR fodder. Though NOT a vet guy like Owens or Johnson.

What are your thoughts? One thing we DO NEED is sign someone. So what are some viable options?

Wait... Plaxico is ok but not the other two? What's the difference?

Bring in Plax

It was meant as a joke. You know, "haha"? Still, if you'd rather :death: there is plenty of company around... B-)

No I got your post. I was agreeing with you. No reason to wonder who we should sign when we spent a third rounder on a guy and didn't let him play.

Im with you, sir!

Edited by Mr. WEO

This team aint going to the playoffs no matter who you sign. The offense put up 28 points despite turning it over 4 times.

On the other hand, the defense got totally shredded... bigtime...by an offense that is below average by any measure. I thought the Bills problem was the back seven... particularly the lbs (every damn one of them). I knew the secondary was shaky too. But, I never expected the d line to be as bad as they were today.

If you think it can't get worse than today, wait til they face a good team like the Pats or Niners. I can see this team finishing no better than 8-8... and they'd probly have to run the table in December to do that.

This team aint going to the playoffs no matter who you sign. The offense put up 28 points despite turning it over 4 times.

On the other hand, the defense got totally shredded... bigtime...by an offense that is below average by any measure. I thought the Bills problem was the back seven... particularly the lbs (every damn one of them). I knew the secondary was shaky too. But, I never expected the d line to be as bad as they were today.

If you think it can't get worse than today, wait til they face a good team like the Pats or Niners. I can see this team finishing no better than 8-8... and they'd probly have to run the table in December to do that.

I would love to blame the D and perhaps to a certain extent I do. BUT, the D is far different from what we had for much of last season - Kyle back from injury. Mario W, Anderson on the DL. Moats as LB. Gilmore as starting CB. I would allow them some time to gel. The O did not do them much favors by the bad positions where the turnovers happened. Before the D could get any sort of momentum going, they were continually on the back foot trying the defend a short field. For this week, I give them a bit of a pass. Not totally, but would say they were last of the problems (and we all know that is not saying much)

You nailed it. But where has signing unsigned rookies or practice squad fodder gotten us? Might as well try another avenue.

I might agree with you but I was under the impression this thread is about what the Bills WILL do not what you or I want them to do.

Did it ever occur to you that today wasn't their best? For instance maybe next week they will play better, regardless of opponent?

First you need a qb who can actually throw a pass where a receiver can catch a pass! Calvin Johnson would be Mini-Me in a Bills uniform. As sad and crazy as it sounds, Tavaris Jackson would be better than Fitz if he knew the playbook and had half the reps (sad state of affairs for us Bills' fans). And I personally love the Fitz story. Too bad he's nothing more than a second-stringer.

Edited by biggerdaddynj

First let Graham play. If your third round pick that you had to trade up to get can't get playing time with this bunch of WR's then the entire FO needs to go.

Explore trade with Indianapolis for Reggie Wayne. I can't think of any other decent WR on a team going nowhere...oh wait can we give up a second round pick to trade Stevie back to ourselves???

Bring in Branch, TO, and Plax and let them try out with broken pool cues...

In all seriousness, what about Parrish in the slot? He should know the offense and he might last two or three weeks before getting hurt again. That would give a little more time for Graham to develop or a trade opportunity to materialize...

When asked if the Bills were interested in bringing in Plaxico Burress, Buddy Nix said simply and emphatically "no".

The Bills will dress T.J. Graham, first and foremost. Perhaps they promote Marcus Easley to the active roster or re-sign Naaman, but that's as far as it would get. If there were a FA WR that Buffalo felt could fit in or even contribute as a replacement now, he'd have been claimed or signed by the team already.

This is addition by subtraction, I'm tired of the same old slows, David Nelson will be replaced by TJ Graham and M Easley will be activated to he active roster. I believe our wr core has just gotten better.

The problem we have now is Fitz, he is garbage. Hopefully Tavaras can learn this playbook quickly

At the risk of being in the "I've heard of him crowd", I'd support at least kicking the tires on Deion Branch and/or Burress. Even if they have lost a step, they have shown they can make plays.

At this point I think you need a *tall* veteran who can run routes and gives you that chance.

With Jones gone for the year and Graham not ready, you are critical short of playmakers when you have a coach infatuated with a spread offense. It'd be different if the idea was to run Fred and C.J. until their legs fell off. However, the offense is so pass happy it almost feels like they are being underutilized.

Bringing back Clowney or Roosevelt would be very underwhelming but I expect that to be the move.

Namaan is the obvious answer. We can let the other WRs continue to get experience on the PS. Hagan signed with OAK.

I'd also look at Parrish as a second choice, honestly. Durability and his fitness to cosume a roster spot was our main criticism of him, and is a non-issue at this point. I have no doubt he'd be better than Martin in the slot.

Maybe Rossevelt, maybe Easley or Aiken. Not Clowney for sure, imo, he did not show anything in preseason. Makes me wonder why Hagen is not still around, but he is now a Raider again. Parrish is brittle to say the least, and released by the Chargers and Raiders...he is done. The old guard, Owens, Johnson, Burress are nothing but trouble. And, if Graham isn't ready after a full training camp, they will not pickup the offense quick either. (CJ likely never learn it, that was his problem at NE) Brad Smith....yes, but I wasn't convince last year. WE need a big target over the middle, someone who can catch and take a hit.....I guess that does sound like Rossevelt.

if there is a vet available right now is he really anything better than what you have on the practice squad?

Heck, if there is one available he is better than anything we have on our active roster with the exception of Johnson.

Did it ever occur to you that today wasn't their best? For instance maybe next week they will play better, regardless of opponent?

The Bills have been bad for years and years, but I think it is safe to say that most of us realized yesterday wasn't their best?

YOU may think that is the way to go but nobody at One Bills Drive agrees with you.

You are correct, and look at the winning record of the folks at One Bills Drive-they always make the correct decisions.

If a team like the Bills is going to bring a veteran in at any position, they would prefer to wait until week one was in the books anyway. After that the player is basically being employed week to week, whereas if they are on the roster for week one, the team is on the hook for the entire seasons salary.

Bring up Easley he's a 3 yeR Vet see if he's worth the investment made !!!