Your breakout Bills player for the 2012-2013 season?

Barry Sanders consistently broke off big runs followed by losses and no gains. Did he prove himself?

I'll add All Day as someone who does this. He routinely gets nothing and then busts huge runs!

scott chandler i think will be a much bigger part of the game plan not just redzone

This would be my guess as well. I think (read hope) he showed a bit last year and will explode this year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a football fan so I will take your word for that.

But during his tenure (and if I can add right) the Lions were 78 and 82 as well.

Well, as you said, everyone is entitled to his opinion. I just think that by expecting CJ to "break out" you're setting yourself up for disappointment because at best, he's going to share time with FredEx 50-50.

Well, as you said, everyone is entitled to his opinion. I just think that by expecting CJ to "break out" you're setting yourself up for disappointment because at best, he's going to share time with FredEx 50-50.

True enough. And you are right that his numbers might not be astronomical for that reason. But he still should be able break out and perform at a consistently high level when he does get the ball (or called on to block). At least that's what I am hoping to see out of him this (and many more) seasons.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The breakout player of the year will be Stephon Gilmore. By year's end he'll be a top 10 CB and everybody will know that's only scratching the surface of how good he will become a few years down the road.

as highly touted as Spiller was coming out of college, he should be able to unseat a guy like Fred, if given the chance. I know it is a tall order, because Freddy has some magic to his runs - he just seems to make positive plays out of seemingly nothing - but I think Spiller has to get it done this year, and become a really nationally known RB.

I don't think people realize how good Fred Jackson is simply because he doesn't "dazzle" you with electric runs. The guy is a beast and one of the best overall backs in the league. He's averaged 4.6 ypc behind a pretty pathetic line most of his career, is fantastic as a receiver out of the backfield and is THE best blocking tailback in the league. Nobody picks up the blitz like Freddie - nobody. There's not another back in the league who is as good - overall - as Freddie. Sure there are better runners but I can't think of anybody who has his overall well-rounded game.

If Freddie was a first round pick and played exactly as he has to date nobody would be saying things like, "Spiller should be able to unseat a guy like Fred."

Spiller is a good change of pace back but if he won't be getting half of Jackson's carries. He'll get 7-10 total touches a game at most.

If Spiller is the breakout player of the year for the Bills its not good news because it means Jackson was injured...

The breakout player of the year will be Stephon Gilmore. By year's end he'll be a top 10 CB and everybody will know that's only scratching the surface of how good he will become a few years down the road.

I don't think people realize how good Fred Jackson is simply because he doesn't "dazzle" you with electric runs. The guy is a beast and one of the best overall backs in the league. He's averaged 4.6 ypc behind a pretty pathetic line most of his career, is fantastic as a receiver out of the backfield and is THE best blocking tailback in the league. Nobody picks up the blitz like Freddie - nobody. There's not another back in the league who is as good - overall - as Freddie. Sure there are better runners but I can't think of anybody who has his overall well-rounded game.

If Freddie was a first round pick and played exactly as he has to date nobody would be saying things like, "Spiller should be able to unseat a guy like Fred."

Spiller is a good change of pace back but if he won't be getting half of Jackson's carries. He'll get 7-10 total touches a game at most.

If Spiller is the breakout player of the year for the Bills its not good news because it means Jackson was injured...

You were right the second time.

Donald Jones was the first guy to come to my mind when I saw the thread title. So I'll stick with the OP on that one. I'd love Moats to have a breakout year, but that guy just never impresses me aside from the few sacks he gets. He disappears way to often for my liking, but maybe this is the year he gets it...I hope so.

this thread is excellent. Not a bad pick among you. But i dont think all of you adhered to the criteria. Breakout i am thinking means, a big jump forward. While i agree guys like KW is going to crush it and MD will take it up another notch or two. But I expect them too,

I am thinking someone that makes a big jump from the shadows.

Delano Howell very nice preseason smart kid good attitude. i think they like him too.

Next is Brooks when he gets back on his foot ha! I expect great things from him for some reason.

Last i think the whole team will have an uptick this year based on a team that is coming together finally. Nix is getting closer with the talent on the field this year. But i found good reason with all your votes! The list is a good one to watch this year. go bills!

ps i also would have added Carder in there too :bag:

Edited by 3rdand12

What? No Kyle Williams love? Kyle goes to the Pro Bowl and Darius is an alternate. The Bills defensive line will be huge this year. Huuuuuuuuuge!!!!

My pick is Gilmore. I expect some rough spots before the bye week, but afterwards, he's gonna be recognized and may even win the DROY.

Is he even on our team?

this thread is excellent. Not a bad pick among you. But i dont think all of you adhered to the criteria. Breakout i am thinking means, a big jump forward. While i agree guys like KW is going to crush it and MD will take it up another notch or two. But I expect them too,

I am thinking someone that makes a big jump from the shadows.

Delano Howell very nice preseason smart kid good attitude. i think they like him too.

Next is Brooks when he gets back on his foot ha! I expect great things from him for some reason.

Last i think the whole team will have an uptick this year based on a team that is coming together finally. Nix is getting closer with the talent on the field this year. But i found good reason with all your votes! The list is a good one to watch this year. go bills!

ps i also would have added Carder in there too :bag:

True, but they have to play in order to "breakout" and unless there are injuries, they won't see the field. I like the picks nonetheless. Howell might be very good down the line.

Gilmore has been everything we could hope for so far. at that pick. Looks like a #10 .I am thinking he might be just what we needed most.

A. Williams was mentioned here too. I hope he can get his game dialed in and he has a breakout season. Imagine the possibilities..

With defenses playing the pass these days, i have hope both my guys will see the field ths year besides ST.

Edited by 3rdand12