Your breakout Bills player for the 2012-2013 season?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that he had a pro bowl year last year or anything but when Fred went down I think it's safe to say CJ played well enough to prove he's pretty good.

"Well enough" is probably a good description.

First round RBs should contribute immediately. This is year 3 for CJ. "Well enough" for a 9 overall RB is not good enough. It's time for him to shine if he is ever going to.

CJ already broke out in the final six games last year. He's bona fide.

Not even close, at least in my book. He showed that he does have the potential, nothing more.

Not all his fault. The Bills were very pass happy.

I expect consistent good positive runs. Not one for 40 yards followed by 5 negative or no gain. And I expect him to pick up a blitzer when left in the backfield.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Not even close, at least in my book. He showed that he does have the potential, nothing more.

Not all his fault. The Bills were very pass happy.

I expect consistent good positive runs. Not one for 40 yards followed by 5 negative or no gain. And I expect him to pick up a blitzer when left in the backfield.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Barry Sanders consistently broke off big runs followed by losses and no gains. Did he prove himself?

Dareus.. he'll be a top DT in the league by years end

My thoughts exactly. By the end of this year Darius is a pro bowler and people around the league will see exactly how big a beast he really is. the entire season depends on that DL being completely dominant!

I've got to hand it to Dareus, too. I think other players might have a bigger climb from no recognition to being recognized, but I think Dareus, who is still somewhat overshadowed by the likes of Suh. Ngata, Williams - will be considered one of the very best DT's in the league. I just can't see him not blowing things up with Williams, Williams, and Co., all around him. I really think Dareus will be the one player on our D-line who opposing teams will have to account for more than any of the other 3, by seasons end. I'd not be surprised if he ends up with double digit sacks, either.

Offensively - as much as I'd love to say Fitz, I think Spiller really has to take the torch, so to speak, from Freddy. If Spiller gets one carry to every two of Freddy's, that is enough to show he is more explosive, and more deserving to be out there (if he is), because, Freddy is getting older, and as highly touted as Spiller was coming out of college, he should be able to unseat a guy like Fred, if given the chance. I know it is a tall order, because Freddy has some magic to his runs - he just seems to make positive plays out of seemingly nothing - but I think Spiller has to get it done this year, and become a really nationally known RB.

Glenn! The first of his 12 straight All-Pro seasons! :D

I forget Glenn - he certainly has a chance to prove he was foolishly overlooked by the entire NFL! Good call.

My thoughts exactly. By the end of this year Darius is a pro bowler and people around the league will see exactly how big a beast he really is. the entire season depends on that DL being completely dominant!

Being sandwiched between the Williams', Dareus ought to have a big year, no doubt. If he faces single blockers all year, he has to dominate.

I'm picking Moats because I've always liked him, and he is a very good player. If he turns out to have a breakout year, then that resolves one huge part of the question marks at LB.