WHO's OUR 8 INACTIVE FOR SUNDAY ?

jupiterreef

I actually think Dickerson is gonna be an active.....

We need to employ more TE sets against physical teams......wouldnt suprise me to use Dickerson due to his size and speed

I am actually considering drafting Dickerson in a fantasy league. He might be slotted at 3 positions, and I can see us using him like the Colts used to use Dallas Clark.

I am actually considering drafting Dickerson in a fantasy league. He might be slotted at 3 positions, and I can see us using him like the Colts used to use Dallas Clark.

id wait til you know hes going to first be active on game day, and next be used before you use him in the same sentence as dallas clark. it could happen, but we are still far from having reason to believe it true.

I don't play fantasy, so I can't speak to that. But, I think by the end of the year we'll be seeing plays specifically geared for Dickerson.

I see him more as a Jim Kleinsasser for the Vikings.. not a very dynamic "skill player", but useful in multiple packages, regardless of down and distance.

1. T Jackson 2. Colin Brown 3. Sam Young 4. A Carrington 5. Chris White 6. T McGee .7 D Howell

8. ??????????????

We kept Chris White for ST. I'd be very surprised if he's inactive.

The rest, depending upon how much they feel McGee has progressed, could be about right.

Of course, I've been very surprised by a number of things the Bills have done.

just to enforce/correct certain things here: there are 7 non-dressing spots on the roster after last year as the 3rd rule is no-longer in effect.

So, here are my 7:

1. Brad Smith
  2. Terrence McGee
  3. Alex Carrington
  4. Delano Howell
  5. Colin Brown
  6. Sam Young
  7. One of the following: Tarvaris Jackson, Kyle Moore, Dorin Dickerson, Ruvell Martin. If I was choosing, I'd pick Martin and then cut him. I'm guessing Jackson until he learns the play

Kleinsasser was virtually an extra offensive lineman…

Kleinsasser was a beast of blocker regardless of FB or TE. I wish there were more guys like him in the NFL

im sorry I just feel like im missing something with dickerson what did he do that everyone is drooling over?

Ran a good 40 two years and three teams ago

His professional achievements in his wiki are the following: During his off season he spends his time in Pittsburgh, and is an avid karaoke participant. He also enjoys playing softball and tennis, and has a dog called Percy.

So there's that.

im sorry I just feel like im missing something with dickerson what did he do that everyone is drooling over?

His professional achievements in his wiki are the following: During his off season he spends his time in Pittsburgh, and is an avid karaoke participant. He also enjoys playing softball and tennis, and has a dog called Percy.

So there's that.

FWIW, 6 catches for 53 yards and a TD this preseason.

He was also targeted deep twice.

In addition to once running a 4.4 40 (outstanding for someone big enough to play FB) more importantly Dickerson demonstrated routinely in pre-season practices that he is one of the fastest players on the Bills. He is listed on the depth chart as both a TE and a FB and really meets the classic definition of an H-Back and Gailey plans to use him that way.

He obviously is not a starter but with only 2 years in the league he is not only a youngster with a lot of upside but should make an immediate contribution as shown by the #s he actually accomplished in pre-season and apparently he is willing to stick his nose into the play and sacrifice his body.

which is nice, but really isnt proving much.

im just a bit skeptical that this 7th rounder thats been bouncing around the league will live up to the LOFTY expectations. he may be an effective player, but it seems people are talking about him like he is already a highly effective game changer.

i understand he has potential, but i also think its fair to temper that enthusiasm a little bit when his biggest accomplishment is 6 catches for 53 yards in preseason play.

which is nice, but really isnt proving much.

im just a bit skeptical that this 7th rounder thats been bouncing around the league will live up to the LOFTY expectations. he may be an effective player, but it seems people are talking about him like he is already a highly effective game changer.

i understand he has potential, but i also think its fair to temper that enthusiasm a little bit when his biggest accomplishment is 6 catches for 53 yards in preseason play.

Its week one, expect alot of that

So there's that.

Now that was funny...hahaha! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it

I expect it will be:

T. Jackson (not ready to contribute)

C. Brown (on roster as a safety net for Wood)

A. Carrington

K. Moore

C. White

D. Howell

D. Dickerson.

B. Smith or Dickerson will be a tough call, but I think the Bills really want B. Smith to play.

Our active 46 for Week 1:

QB: Fitzpatrick/Thigpen/B. Smith

RB: F. Jackson/Spiller/Choice

FB: McIntyre

TE: Chandler/L. Smith

WR: S. Johnson/Nelson/Jones/Graham/Martin

O-line: Glenn/Levitre/Wood/Urbik/Pears/Hairston/Rinehart/Young

K: Lindell/Potter

P: Moorman

LS: Sanborn

DE: M. Williams/Anderson/Kelsay

DT: K. Williams/Dareus/S. Johnson

OLB: Barnett/Moats/Scott/Bradham

MLB: Sheppard/Morrison

CB: Gilmore/A. Williams/McGee/McKelvin/Rogers

S: Wilson/Byd/Searcy

Looking at the active roster, I have to wonder if veteran TE C. Cooley would be a better option over TE L. Smith and also whether a guy like WR P. Burress would be a nice shot in the arm once T. Jackson assumes the #2 QB role with QB T. Thigpen being released.

Eventually,

TE Cooley for TE L. Smith - Cooley has always been a very reliable receiver.

QB T. Jackson for QB T. Thigpen - Thigpen is just not good enough against top notch NFL competition.

WR P. Burress for WR R. Martin

CB Brooks for TE Dickerson.

I expect it will be:

T. Jackson (not ready to contribute)

C. Brown (on roster as a safety net for Wood)

A. Carrington

K. Moore

C. White

D. Howell

D. Dickerson.

B. Smith or Dickerson will be a tough call, but I think the Bills really want B. Smith to play.

Our active 46 for Week 1:

QB: Fitzpatrick/Thigpen/B. Smith

RB: F. Jackson/Spiller/Choice

FB: McIntyre

TE: Chandler/L. Smith

WR: S. Johnson/Nelson/Jones/Graham/Martin

O-line: Glenn/Levitre/Wood/Urbik/Pears/Hairston/Rinehart/Young

K: Lindell/Potter

P: Moorman

LS: Sanborn

DE: M. Williams/Anderson/Kelsay

DT: K. Williams/Dareus/S. Johnson

OLB: Barnett/Moats/Scott/Bradham

MLB: Sheppard/Morrison

CB: Gilmore/A. Williams/McGee/McKelvin/Rogers

S: Wilson/Byd/Searcy

Looking at the active roster, I have to wonder if veteran TE C. Cooley would be a better option over TE L. Smith and also whether a guy like WR P. Burress would be a nice shot in the arm once T. Jackson assumes the #2 QB role with QB T. Thigpen being released.

Eventually,

TE Cooley for TE L. Smith - Cooley has always been a very reliable receiver.

QB T. Jackson for QB T. Thigpen - Thigpen is just not good enough against top notch NFL competition.

WR P. Burress for WR R. Martin

CB Brooks for TE Dickerson.

Lee Smith is a blocking guy. Not a pass catcher. Chan has shown more interest in pass w in line blockers then catchers.

Burress ...let's just wait on the first game yet. I expect we might be surprised this year with WR. Not excited but surprised.

id wait til you know hes going to first be active on game day, and next be used before you use him in the same sentence as dallas clark. it could happen, but we are still far from having reason to believe it true.

Yeah, I chickened out and didn't draft him. If he gets some looks this week, maybe I'll pick him up. For some reason I just see us trying to use him in a number of ways, and maybe getting good touches in the redzone.