Bradham taking first team reps

Kelly the Dog

According to Paul Hamilton of GR. I think Moats was getting the majority though.

Very surprising to me on the eve of the season, although we don't really know what it means. It could mean Bradham is playing very well and it could also mean they don't like what they see from Moats (I would imagine it was more the latter than the former).

It could also mean that Moats has a small injury so they are giving him a little rest or preparing in case it becomes worse.

It could also mean that the Jets offense, especially the passing game is not scaring Wanny and he thinks Bradham is a better fit against the run than Moats. Or they want him for certain packages.

It could mean nothing. But remember, guns don't kill people, Nigel Bradham kills people.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

According to Paul Hamilton of GR. I think Moats was getting the majority though.

Very surprising to me on the eve of the season, although we don't really know what it means. It could mean Bradham is playing very well and it could also mean they don't like what they see from Moats (I would imagine it was more the latter than the former).

It could also mean that Moats has a small injury so they are giving him a little rest or preparing in case it becomes worse.

It could also mean that the Jets offense, especially the passing game is not scaring Wanny and he thinks Bradham is a better fit against the run than Moats. Or they want him for certain packages.

It could mean nothing. But remember, guns don't kill people, Nigel Bradham kills people.

Interesting observation. I have questions about how Moats plays the run. Planning a situational substitution would make some sense.

I would be happy to see some Defensive killin' against the Jests. Of all last seasons' diappointments, the way our D played against Miami is near the top. Shanahan took us apart.

Edited by Hopeful

I think just like with the D-line they want to set up a rotation system with the LBs.

Well that position that Moats and Bradham are fighting for is only going to be on the field for 30-40% of the plays anyway, because Bryan Scott comes in for them on all passing downs (or another CB comes in). So I would doubt they need to rotate a fresh guy there, he's being rotated more than anyone else on the D anyway.

But I do think Wanny is going to substitute certain players in certain formations on certain downs against certain teams, and Bradham (along with Morrison) may be a part of that, depending on how he looks. JoeB said the Bradham reps were a result of Moats having a poor showing against the Lions. It could be just a wake up call, or Bradham may be breathing down his neck. I have higher hopes for Bradham than I do for Moats, although I would think Moats is a much better player at this stage.

Well that position that Moats and Bradham are fighting for is only going to be on the field for 30-40% of the plays anyway, because Bryan Scott comes in for them on all passing downs (or another CB comes in). So I would doubt they need to rotate a fresh guy there, he's being rotated more than anyone else on the D anyway.

But I do think Wanny is going to substitute certain players in certain formations on certain downs against certain teams, and Bradham (along with Morrison) may be a part of that, depending on how he looks. JoeB said the Bradham reps were a result of Moats having a poor showing against the Lions. It could be just a wake up call, or Bradham may be breathing down his neck. I have higher hopes for Bradham than I do for Moats, although I would think Moats is a much better player at this stage.

The other aspect of this....you can only dress 45 of the 53 for the game. (plus a 46th emergency QB).....Bradham will be dressed for his special teams play. Its possible they dont dress Morrison if he doesnt play special teams.

The other aspect of this....you can only dress 45 of the 53 for the game. (plus a 46th emergency QB).....Bradham will be dressed for his special teams play. Its possible they dont dress Morrison if he doesnt play special teams.

That has got to be unbelievably embarrassing for the eight guys sitting naked on the bench each week. Damn.

FYI. You can dress 46. There is no more emergency QB.

True. But then there is no back up MLB at all. White is a stud on ST. It's going to be a tough call no doubt on inactives. Maybe two OL. Howell the safety. Maybe Carrington. Maybe Brad Smith this week (but never if he is healthy). Maybe TJackson if he is not ready but Smith is. Maybe Moore just for this game when the Jets won't pass like other teams. I'd think McGee this week is a good bet if he is not at full speed.

Mildly surprising. We have had the opportunity to see what Moats brings to the team. As alluded to by a few of you, that is pass rush and an improved ability to cover TE's in the short game, but definitely less in the run stuffing department. Bradham showed an ability to be better in the coverage/run game in college. I could see him moving into Moats' spot as the season wears on, with Moats coming in on some blitz packages (if, unlike the preseason, we have some).

No matter the reason behind his getting first team reps, it is always a good thing when a mid-round rookie is trusted by the coaches enough to be in that position. It probably implies that the coaches feel he will learn well on the job and not be a total embarassment/ give up a game killing play. With the woeful lack of depth at the LB position, I will be ecstatic if he starts contributing early in his career.

No matter the reason behind his getting first team reps, it is always a good thing when a mid-round rookie is trusted by the coaches enough to be in that position. It probably implies that the coaches feel he will learn well on the job and not be a total embarassment/ give up a game killing play. With the woeful lack of depth at the LB position, I will be ecstatic if he starts contributing early in his career.

Love your enthusiasm and optimism but to me it means the starting LB's are awful. I'm really worried about a falloff in Barnett's play and have never been sold on Sheppard. Hope I am wrong.

That has got to be unbelievably embarrassing for the eight guys sitting naked on the bench each week. Damn.

Shhh! Don't give Littman any ideas for how to save a nickel as his previous MO has been to do anythig to save a nickel without any regard to the area's pride in the team!!!