5 signed to Practice Squad

bills44

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills also just signed Clifton Geathers to the PS. Was drafted by the Cowboys I think. Teammate of Gilmore''s at SC. Huge guy, played 3-4 end so will likely be 4-3 DT. 300+ pounds.

According to his twitter.

https://twitter.com/ClifGeathers

6th round draft choice for the Browns in 2010. Waved at the 53 man cutdown and claimed by Mi Ya Mi, bounced to the Seasnakes then the Cowgirls in Dec 2010. Been with the Cowgirls every since. I'm a bit surprised he's PS eligible.

Maybe Cowgirls Fan can tell us something about him? Kinda sounds like a project, I guess we need one now that Mount Jasper has gone his way?

Here's a

Here's a draft scouting report. That is one big dude with a large wingspan.

6th round draft choice for the Browns in 2010. Waved at the 53 man cutdown and claimed by Mi Ya Mi, bounced to the Seasnakes then the Cowgirls in Dec 2010. Been with the Cowgirls every since. I'm a bit surprised he's PS eligible.

Maybe Cowgirls Fan can tell us something about him? Kinda sounds like a project, I guess we need one now that Mount Jasper has gone his way?

Here's a

Here's a draft scouting report. That is one big dude with a large wingspan.

Our little Tebow Stopper

This is how Stevie J got his start . Just playin around with the second and third stringers....

Good point. this is already Stevie's fifth season. Even Moulds didn't come in here and kill it right away...it wasn't until about his third season when he started being productive... and he was a first round pick. I trust the staff that they believe this kid deserves to stick around a bit longer. And like Graybeard said, it's good to have a receiver or two on the PS who know the offense and can jump up to an active spot if need be.

I have to believe that the Bills basically told Roosevelt as soon as T Jax gets remotely comfortable they will drop thigpen and sign him. I also think grabbing green was a good call he looked decent.

Even with 2 WRs on the PS?

Edited by jjmac

I have to believe that the Bills basically told Roosevelt as soon as T Jax gets remotely comfortable they will drop thigpen and sign him. I also think grabbing green was a good call he looked decent.

I still think there's an even money chance thigpen stays on the roster. We will see how injuries and such play out. If anything I'd guess a wr comes back when brooks gets shelved for awhile next week.

I still think there's an even money chance thigpen stays on the roster. We will see how injuries and such play out. If anything I'd guess a wr comes back when brooks gets shelved for awhile next week.

Why would you think that when Thigpen had two years left on his contract when last season ended, they brought in Vince Young to take his job. Vince Young beat him out because Thigpen was SO bad, and not because Young was so good. Over and over and over Gailey and Nix re-iterated that Young and Thigpen were battling for one spot and that Brad Smith was the #3. Young played his way off the team because of a horrendous performance and the team immediately went out and traded for his replacement as the #2 guy. And then said again that Smith would remain #3.

There is no reason whatsoever, IMO, to think they will keep Thigpen on the team when Jackson is ready and Smith is healthy.

This is how Stevie J got his start . Just playin around with the second and third stringers....

that's because we signed TO and also because Sj i sn't that talented. Evans was great from his first year onward. So are other true number ones. Aiken looks good.enough to be.a.fourth.

Why would you think that when Thigpen had two years left on his contract when last season ended, they brought in Vince Young to take his job. Vince Young beat him out because Thigpen was SO bad, and not because Young was so good. Over and over and over Gailey and Nix re-iterated that Young and Thigpen were battling for one spot and that Brad Smith was the #3. Young played his way off the team because of a horrendous performance and the team immediately went out and traded for his replacement as the #2 guy. And then said again that Smith would remain #3.

There is no reason whatsoever, IMO, to think they will keep Thigpen on the team when Jackson is ready and Smith is healthy.

Some possibilities....

1) smith takes longer than expected

2) Jackson takes longer than expected to surpass TT

3) the way injuries play out, it's not needed to cut him

4) fitz gets beat up some early

The fact is, he will be in the 53, is semi-talented, and will have a promised salary either way - things could happen that keep him around. Things already happened to keep him around. I'm not so much predicting it'll happen as much as saying its the nfl and plans change.

If asked a week ago if we'd carry "4 qbs" into week one you couldve posted nearly the same post about what gaileys said and it would've been wrong. What they intend, and what happens may not be the same come October. Or they may cut TT earlier than they want because they are jammed up with WR or CB injuries and risk Tjack going with a limited playbook in 2 weeks.

Edited by NoSaint

Plus Easley basically only played 1 year in college too. So he was pretty raw when he came here and hasn't had much playing time here either. So the practice squad is a good place for him to land. Given him more experience in our system could be the key to him becoming an NFL caliber player. Right now he's still just in the "potential" category.

man, love the clifton geathers pick up... 6-7 320

Kinda fills that Kellen Heard ecological niche

Plus Easley basically only played 1 year in college too. So he was pretty raw when he came here and hasn't had much playing time here either. So the practice squad is a good place for him to land. Given him more experience in our system could be the key to him becoming an NFL caliber player. Right now he's still just in the "potential" category.

This. The guy really hasn't had a season to go through practice and make catches yet. It'll help him.

Stevie had 1k yards receiving in his 3rd NFL season after barely playing his first two seasons. Easley was cut and no team elected to put him on their 53 man roster. There's a big difference.