Bills to acquire Tarvaris Jackson

I had hopes for Vince Young, but unfortunately at this point, Tarvaris is an upgrade over both Young and Thigpen. I don't hate Tarvaris Jackson. But y'know, I don't love him.

I have a burning apathy for him.

haha. "burning apathy." I like that. Prob means he's a good choice for backup QB!

Backup QB is certainly a position of need. Come to think of it, without a top 5 defense, so is starting QB. But, backup QB is not their biggest need... The Bills should get serious about aquiring starting caliber LBs. That is clearly the weakest link on this team. The D line may be well stocked, but the LBs are going to keep the defense from cracking the top 15. We need at least one LB that brings a physical presence and is an "ENFORCER"... ala, Urlacher, Harrison, Ray Lewis, Karlos Dansby... a difference maker. We do not have anyone in that class. No, instead we convert a safety to play LB.

I agree 100%. Wonder if there are any available. But, I am glad we are trying to solve out backup QB problem.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the way Fitz has looked this preseason as well as the backups behind him, this seems to me to be a panic move for the Bills and their front office.

Considering the way Gailey likes to run his offfense, this season could turn into a disaster real quick if Fitzpatrick doesn't start playing solid football.

Our strength offensively is in our runningbacks, and our biggest weakness is in our WR's and QB. Gailey seems to think the opposite or at least his offensive play calling would suggest that...

Very good points. Most probably don't agree but you've got a believer here.

Backup QB is certainly a position of need. Come to think of it, without a top 5 defense, so is starting QB. But, backup QB is not their biggest need... The Bills should get serious about aquiring starting caliber LBs. That is clearly the weakest link on this team. The D line may be well stocked, but the LBs are going to keep the defense from cracking the top 15. We need at least one LB that brings a physical presence and is an "ENFORCER"... ala, Urlacher, Harrison, Ray Lewis, Karlos Dansby... a difference maker. We do not have anyone in that class. No, instead we convert a safety to play LB.

Unfortunately for us, Urlachers, lewis', Dansbys, harrisons dint just grow on trees and the usually dint hit FA very often.

What more can we ask for? We needed a pass rush and spent over 1.25m on them in one off season. It takes time people. Geez

I didn't read every single post but don't be surprised if letting Brad Smith go isn't in the mix here. In yesterday's game, they ran wildcat a couple of times and it wasn't Smith, and he was working with the 2nd team at WR. Is that a signal that if he is going to make the team it has to be based on his play at WR and special teams?

Thigpen is making $3 million, so is Smith, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's Fitz-Jackson-Young.

It really is no wonder why the Patriots will win the AFC East by 4 or 5 games again this year. They have a QB in the top 10% of the league and the other 3 teams have starting quarterbacks in the bottom 20% of the leagues starting quarterbacks.

Do you happen to know what position Brian Urlacher played in college?

Or how long Harrison bounced around in NFL Europe and as a backup before he ever did anything? :thumbsup:

The Bills do need to get serious about acquiring starting LBs however, because there are obviously dozens of starting quality LBs that teams are willing to trade away 2 weeks before the start of the season.

VY looks very bad yesterday

So did Fitzpatrick. -And he's a 48 wonder-lickin, Harvard-educated genius. We needed Wilson! This trade will be just the latest in a 12-year comedy of errors. Tavaris can't stay healthy to save his life. what a frickin' disaster authored by Nix and Gailey. :bag:

Edited by #34fan

I like the decisiveness. When Nix and Gailey realized that Trent Edwards was a bad choice, they benched him and then traded him. Now it seems as though they have realized that Thigpen and Young are bad choices, so they are doing something about it. I don't agree with everything this leadership does, but I am impressed that they are making moves based on performance concerns.

You appear to be easily impressed.

I didn't read every single post but don't be surprised if letting Brad Smith go isn't in the mix here. In yesterday's game, they ran wildcat a couple of times and it wasn't Smith, and he was working with the 2nd team at WR. Is that a signal that if he is going to make the team it has to be based on his play at WR and special teams?

Thigpen is making $3 million, so is Smith, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's Fitz-Jackson-Young.

There hoping someone anyone can become a solid NFL receiver. So far the're not doing a very good job at it. Ditto with all the quarterbacks.

I'm really at a loss as to how some of you are reacting. We upgraded the BACK-UP QB SPOT. How the fug is that a bad thing? Philly wanted nothing to do with VY after last year....I'd much rather have TJax on board than VY or Thigpen.

The starting QB job was NEVER open for competition and we haven't even gotten to week one yet. I think some of you guys need a little perspective. Even though I want nothing more than for Fitz to succeed, I recognize that he may not be the answer. But this move today has zippo to do with that....

*ALERT* Moving to DEFCON 3 on the b.harami meltdown scare

maybe weshould ask for matt flynn instead...russell wilson is officially the starter in seattle

Holy crap....I'm really proud of that kid. Good for him. He's got a heart the size of Ralph Wilson Stadium....

If they bring in T Jackson, they are not keeping Young and Thigpen. They obviously do not like what they see in either one of those 2 to justify keeping them around. That's why they are going after Jackson.