Why the Hell is Reggie McKenzie not on the Wall of Fame??

That's a damn good question. He must have hidden Ralph's sugar free wafers back in the 70s.

There's a case to be made that he belongs in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, to be honest.

Reginald McKenzie (born July 27, 1950) is a former American football player. He played at the offensive guard position for the University of Michigan from 1969 to 1971 and was a consensus first-team All-American in 1971. He also played 13 years of professional football for the Buffalo Bills (1972-1982) and Seattle Seahawks (1983-1984). He was selected as a first-team All-NFL player in 1973 and 1974.[1] In 2002, he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame[2] and in 1994 to the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame. He and Joe DeLamielleure were O. J. Simpson's pulling guards on his frequent sweep runs that made him the first 2000-yard rusher.

Now wait just a minute...

Joe D was the star on that line. Reggie was the vocal leader. He also was the public face off the field and a big Buffalo supporter. Reggie McKenzie was clearly not the best lineman from that group and not even the best guard. If you have an argument that he belongs on the Wall then so do all of the Electric Company.

Cookie Gilchrist & Lou Saban should be first. Its really a joke. Freakin Ralph.

i don't think it will ever happen. Certainly not because of their contributions, but because Ralph has always believed he is above fan sentiment and player/coach actual contributions. Yet ralph gladly licks Marv's nads who owns exactly 2 less championships than Saban.

Cookie Gilchrist & Lou Saban should be first. Its really a joke. Freakin Ralph.

This has been on my mind as well.

Cookie and Saban along with Kemp were the people most responsible for the only 2 titles we have.

Come on Ralph do the right thing.

P.S. Reggie should be on the wall I agree. :)

He should be up there along with Cookie & Lou. What about Don Beebe, Steve Christie, John Fina, Bryce Paup, Frank Reich, Alex Van Pelt, and Doug Flutie.

OJ's name should be bigger and lighted.

What about John Fina? :lol:

Agree with you on OJ though. :worthy::thumbsup:

i don't think it will ever happen. Certainly not because of their contributions, but because Ralph has always believed he is above fan sentiment and player/coach actual contributions. Yet ralph gladly licks Marv's nads who owns exactly 2 less championships than Saban.

I agree Saban should be up there but he quit twice and he and Ralph apparently fought a lot. Cookie was great but only on the team for 3 years and wasn't on the '65 Championship team. Still it would have been nice to see him at the stadium before he died.

Edited by nucci

I agree Saban should be up there but he quit twice and he and Ralph apparently fought a lot. Cookie was great but only on the team for 3 years and wasn't on the '65 Championship team. Still it would have been nice to see him at the stadium before he died.

Yea, it's all true but if #32 is still up there soley for his football acomplishments. Then ralph should realize what Saban meant to the franchise and his accomplishments. Saban I've heard was bat **** crazy, kind of like Cookie only more PC. I couldn't imagine a better locker room or on field presence that Cookie in today's NFL.

Take 68 down, put 67 up... give him something else to whine about. :lol:

You're darn right about that one. After retirement Reggie became a successful businessman, Delamilure is a crybaby who seems to blames ALL his problems on the NFL. It always seemed to me they were equivalent players, based on their post- playing career I'd replace 68 with 67.

How does anyone not know Al Cowlings was driving the white Bronco? Seriously. You have to be 10 (IQ or Age) not to know that.

Al Cowlings was OJ's defense attorney. Orenthal's cabana boy and part time lover, Kato Kaelin, drove the Bronco and led the police, who were trying to apprehend Simpson in regard to his many outstanding parking tickets, on a high speed chase. During the ensuing media frenzy, the real killers struck murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. The subsequent trial in front of that kangaroo court led by Judge Ito was one of the biggest farces in the history of the US legal system. All a cover up to protect Mark Furman who killed Nicole and Ron because he is a racist and hates white people.

You, sir, need to familiarize yourself with the facts.

Edited by Jauronimo

You're darn right about that one. After retirement Reggie became a successful businessman, Delamilure is a crybaby who seems to blames ALL his problems on the NFL. It always seemed to me they were equivalent players, based on their post- playing career I'd replace 68 with 67.

Joe D. isn't really the one with problems, though--- he's "whining" on behalf of former teammates like Conrad Dobler.

Im not a big fan of putting every player who has had a modicum of success on a team's "Wall."

IMHO, that stuff is for the all time greats and legends. The few really standout players....not every one who had a good career or just a few good years with the team.

Beebe and Fina? You cant be serious

Edited by RkFast

Im not a big fan of putting every player who has had a modicum of success on a team's "Wall."

IMHO, that stuff is for the all time greats and legends. The few really standout players....not every one who had a good career or just a few good years with the team.

Beebe and Fina? You cant be serious

Agreed.

Al Cowlings was OJ's defense attorney. Orenthal's cabana boy and part time lover, Kato Kaelin, drove the Bronco and led the police, who were trying to apprehend Simpson in regard to his many outstanding parking tickets, on a high speed chase. During the ensuing media frenzy, the real killers struck murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. The subsequent trial in front of that kangaroo court led by Judge Ito was one of the biggest farces in the history of the US legal system. All a cover up to protect Mark Furman who killed Nicole and Ron because he is a racist.

You, sir, need to familiarize yourself with the facts.

how many times did Kaelin roll that think in the ditch?...Good thing Ito was there with the jaws of life

He should be up there along with Cookie & Lou. What about Don Beebe, Steve Christie, John Fina, Bryce Paup, Frank Reich, Alex Van Pelt, and Doug Flutie.

OJ's name should be bigger and lighted.

A marginal receiver, 2 mainly backup qb's and a kicker on your compare list? You really only one listed that would consider and that would be Paup, but he was more of a packer than a bill. Must have been just listing marginal players cause you don't think he was a very good player.

I think he was important enough of a player to be considered, but if remember right he never really maintained a very good relationship with bills management after he left the team, so that wouldn't help his cause much.

Edited by rstencel

Supposedly Ralphy and Cookie made amends a just a couple days before Cookie passed, but not sure you can totally put decades of ill feelings behind you in a day or two. Saban, will never get on the wall while Ralph is alive and somewhat kicking, but will probably go up before Ralph's body is cold when he does pass, and deservedly so. Not downplaying anything Cookie did for the BIlls, but he did only play for 3 seasons, great ones at that, but still just 3 seasons.