Bills Release Merriman!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got the text from BR...WTF? All we heard was how good he has looked...I wonder if there is something that happened or a failed drug test. Makes no sense to cut him otherwise

A perfect example of why talk is cheap.

All we "heard" was how good he looked. He'd become a veteran project.

He sucks and has sucked for years. They also don't need him as a DE which is where they were going to use him and they have depth there, much better depth. There may be another reason, but ultimately, that's why, because they have several "Merrimans" on the team that don't have the injury history as a ball-and-chain.

With Bradham and Carder, and whomever loses the other OLB starting job, either Moats or Merriman, they also don't need the issue-laden Merriman either.

This is a perfect example of why not to believe anything coming from team or fan sources in the preaseason. All 32 teams appear to be headed for at least a .500 season right now.

Edited by TaskersGhost

When I saw the topic, I thought for sure this had to be a joke: "Bills release Merriman... a new Merriman video interview, that is" or something like that. Stunned, not because I was sure I knew something but because there were no whisperings of this coming.

kj

This makes me scratch my head.

Why not see how he plays this year and then decide?

Reports said he had surgery that finally corrected his lingering injury and Merriman has said how great he feels.

They must not see the same

CBF

Edited by Canadian_Bills_Fan

Gotta admit this is a shocker after what we've been hearing. Feel a little bit bad for Merriman after working so hard to get back.

Respect for Nix/Gailey goes up another notch, if they are willing to let him go when it doesn't really even save the team a lot of money. They're looking for players who will help them win.