If you could go back in time and watch any Bills game live

major

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the privilege of seeing the "comeback" live. Absolute pandemonium. If I had to pick another one, I would say the 1992 game at San Francisco. I think it stands alone this day as a record in that there were no punts in the game. Kelly was almost perfect and the Bills clinched the game with a 4th quarter run from Thurmanator.

being an "old guy" on here, i was at alot of memorable games, but i would have loved to have been at "hit heard round the world", i was a regular at the games at the rockpile as a kid, but missed that one. also, as a runner-up, as someone mentioned previously, the "roland hooks" catch game in 81..

Edited by dwight in philly

I was at a game in the early 80s that I left early and wished I hadn't. It started snowing and we thought the game was lost, so we left. I'm pretty sure it was the Patriots. Fergy threw a hail mary to Roland Hooks for the winning score.

Yeah, I led the charge out of the stadium after Fergy threw a late INT, and as we were in the parking lot, heard the roar and knew I had really f-ed up. My buddy still has to remind me to "never say die". Wish I had hung around for that one, but it taught me to stay till the bloody end.

I've been to the Raiders and Chiefs AFC Championship games, the last Super Bowl, the 1980 Dolphins win (goalpost to Ralph), a bunch of OJ's great games, but I would have loved to have been at the Comeback game and the 1964 AFL Championship....comeback game wins in a close one!

I watched the Comeback game from home, and my family was visiting from Buffalo - they left disgusted at halftime. I kept watching, but they didn't realize what had happened until they got home! Never say die!

The Raiders AFC Championship game was very special....after all those depressing seasons in the 60s, 70s and 80s - I finally got to see them in person make it to the Super Bowl. I had tears in my eyes looking up in the sky wishing my Dad was there with me (and I think he was!).

Edited by WotAGuy

Comeback game but I have to say....I'd want to see the Music City Miracle in person. I still feel the emotions I felt watching that game on televison. Can't imagine seeing it go down in person.

That's the game where you run out on the field and run into Wycheck as the ball is just about to be snapped. :thumbsup:

I have always seen that game as the beginning of the fall of the empire.

being an "old guy" on here, i was at alot of memorable games, but i would have loved to have been at "hit heard round the world", i was a regular at the games at the rockpile as a kid, but missed that one. also, as a runner-up, as someone mentioned previously, the "roland hooks" catch game in 81..

If I'm not mistaken, that was against New England and they won a pretty close one. I was 10, so that game goes back quite a bit for me as well. Hooks couldn't be stopped that day. It was either that year or the year before when someone came up with the 12 days of Christmas version of the "Chuck Knox Superbowl Team".

I was at the Pats comeback game last year. I also went to the 18pt Raiders comeback game. And I was present for the 31-0 Pats beat down. Not bad games to go to considering I live in Miami!

Like most here, the one game I wish I went to is the Oilers comeback game.

The Comeback game clearly has to be mentioned but I have it on DVD and saw it live on TV when it happened. So I would choose the time the Bills beat the Raiders 51-3 in the AFC Championship game in 1990. I was deployed to Iraq at the time and have never had the pleasure of witnessing that beat down.

Also, I'm not sure what game I would choose but watching OJ run was pure joy. I think he's underrated and underappreciated by the Gen Xers because obviously his reputation has been soiled by his post-Bills activities. But man that guy could run. I'm not sure he was better than Jim Brown but he was better than any runner since. Fans would jump to their feet at Rich Stadium when OJ had the ball.

By the way - for those too young to remember - the Oilers had a very good team the year of The Comeback. In fact, we lost to the Oilers the week before in the "House of Pain" in Houston 27-3. This was a critical game, as I recall, because it got the Oilers into the playoffs and knocked us out of 1st place in the AFCE. So we had to play the Oilers again in the first round of the playoffs. By halftime, we had suffered 6 consecutive quarters of painful futility, managing just two FGs while giving up bucketloads of points. And Kelly and Thomas both got hurt. If the first-teamers couldn't reach the endzone, how could Franck Reich? The Comeback was incredibly unlikely when you know the circumstances which made it all the sweeter when it happened.

That 51 - 3 game was sweet. My boss at the time was a Raiders fan and the look on his face when he came into work on Monday morning was priceless.

That 51 - 3 game was sweet.

I still got that game on VCR tape.

Any wins against the Fish in the early 90's when they had Marino.

Any single play would be the late 80's game against Miami when Kelly ran it in for a TD on the final play

I would love to go back in time and watch the greatest comeback game against the Oilers. It was my all time favorite game in Bills history. Watched it on TV - wish I could have been there in person.

If you could take the Delorean back in time to watch a Bills game, which would it be and why?

I would love to go back in time and watch the greatest comeback game against the Oilers. It was my all time favorite game in Bills history. Watched it on TV - wish I could have been there in person.

If you could take the Delorean back in time to watch a Bills game, which would it be and why?

1980 Opener vs Miami. A defensive stalemate with Miami leading 7 - 3 into the 4th quarter. Bills with about 8 minutes left marched down to take a 10 - 7 lead, then put Miami away with about 3 minutes left. Introduction to goal posts coming down.

I attended every game home game and all the home playoff games from 1989 thru 1995 including all 4 SB's. I did miss some away regular season and some away playoff games tho.

Went to the 88 AFC championship game in Cincy, The Bills beat the Oilers in the previous playoff game at Buffalo 17-10. Went to the Cleveland playoff game(Ronnie Harmon drop) in 89. TT had 150 yards receiving,and 2 TDs, what a great performace!

One of the games I missed was the 92 AFC champ game in Miami, I had tickets for the game but something came up and I couldn't go. Beating Dan Marino in Miami would have been one I would have loved to have watched in person

PS. My favorite game of all time is probably obscure to most Bills fans now. Nov 20th,1988 Jets at Bills 6-9 OT final score as the Bills won the division in week 12. We watched the game in a driving rainstorm, cold and very windy. I believe the Bills set an NFL record for fastest division win. The fans rushed down the aisles and onto the field, then the goal posts came down and then went up into the stands. The entire field was filled with fans going nuts. That was THE "Fan-demonium" game as the Buffalo news sported that headline the next day.

Oilers game..I was at the game and stayed the whole time with my father down in the 100's by only remaining oiler fans being heckled all game, my dad asked do you want to stay or go I said stay so we did and witnessed the greatest comeback in NFL history.

I wish to go back and do this again but with my son.

That's the spirit! With the way this team and FO is coming together I think we will all (minus the trolls and trollettes) have new good memories.

LOL, so that's it, anyone that doesn't share the viewpoint that this is presently a winning/playoff team is a troll?

Let me ask you then, at the end of the season, which is so typical in Buffalo with preseason expectations at or great than they've been now, what are those same people, the ones you say are trolls, then called when people such as yourself are ready to make the FO walk the plank called?

Besides know-it-alls that is.

;)

Edited by TaskersGhost

The 1991 AFC Championship game vs the Raiders. Unfortunately, the loser I was hanging out with at the time invited me over his house to watch the game, then he wanted to whine & cry about how his girlfriend broke his heart... :death: What a f@!king loser this douchebag was.

Besides the loser I was hanging out with and missing most of the game because of his B.S., I would have loved to have seen the utter domination of the Raiders that day, which propelled the Bills to their first Superbowl.