Pats* O-line may be in trouble

Lothar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire AFC East (except the Bills) are having some major "issues" - The Cheatriots are definitely having issues with their O-Line

And they have no pass rush to speak of.

The plan, apparently, is to use their TE's even more this year than last for quick strikes. To stoip them the Bills will have to play up close and force

Brady to go over the top - and quickly.

Brady is obviously a great QB and can do this effectively but it is my impression that if he takes enough hits he will start to flinch and throw early and

less accurately.

That's how I see the Bills-Cheats game. If the Bills knock Golden Boy around enough then they will probably outscore them.

So...I likey what I am hearing out of Cheatriot camp. Yep

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed and I know it's still early but wow! these guys have only 1 sure fire healthy starter, possibly 2 - at the moment. Kinda wish we played 'em in week 1

http://m.espn.go.com...fceast&id=45634

Thanks for the post! I'm really looking forward to seeing what our D-line will do to their O-line & Tommy Boy.

As I pointed out in another thread, if it were the Bills with these same O-line issues we would be jumping off the Peace Bridge. But because it's the Pats* they are picked to go to the Super Bowl. I don't care how great Brady is. You aren't going to win many games with no o-line or running game.

PTR

As I pointed out in another thread, if it were the Bills with these same O-line issues we would be jumping off the Peace Bridge. But because it's the Pats* they are picked to go to the Super Bowl. I don't care how great Brady is. You aren't going to win many games with no o-line or running game.

PTR

Not that I'm defending the Pats* or Tom Brady, but Peyton Manning was able to do a lot with a suspect line and RB by committee in Indy. A great QB can make up for a lot of deficincies in an offense.

Personally, I think what made the Patriots* so great over the years was their line. I think the proof of that is in the 2008 season, I know some posters want to say it was all Bellicheck, but he wasn't the one out there throwing the ball. Matt Cassell came in and the Patriots* didn't skip a beat, besides missing the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

If the Patriots* line truly is falling apart, I think this team won't be nearly as competative as some sports writers would have you believe.

Not that I'm defending the Pats* or Tom Brady, but Peyton Manning was able to do a lot with a suspect line and RB by committee in Indy. A great QB can make up for a lot of deficincies in an offense.

Personally, I think what made the Patriots* so great over the years was their line. I think the proof of that is in the 2008 season, I know some posters want to say it was all Bellicheck, but he wasn't the one out there throwing the ball. Matt Cassell came in and the Patriots* didn't skip a beat, besides missing the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

If the Patriots* line truly is falling apart, I think this team won't be nearly as competative as some sports writers would have you believe.

11-5 record. Which is why i say Brady is slightly overrated.

It's going to be a tall order just replacing Light, who was a rock for them at LT. Mankins will be lucky to return before mid-season, which would put him at 9 months post-ACL surgery, and rushing it as it is. Koppen, another rock, is nearing the end and Connolly is an average player and won't be surrounded by Pro Bowlers. Vollmer has back issues and can't be counted on. And as for Waters, I doubt you'll see him back. He's 35-1/2, coming off the longest season he's ever had, and scheduled to make just $1.2M this year.

not sure we're that much better off at the moment. only 1 proven guy at the right position.

@LT - rookie who may not earn the job

@LG - Levitre

@C - backup Center (our starting RG)

@RG - the backup RG

@RT - likely to be cut backup Young, and likely swing T Hairston

Edited by Brainiac72

not sure we're that much better off at the moment. only 1 proven guy at the right position.

@LT - rookie who may not earn the job

@LG - Levitre

@C - backup Center (our starting RG)

@RG - the backup RG

@RT - likely to be cut backup Young, and likely swing T Hairston

I don't disagree that the Bills line has issues, but some of your assertions...seem..like rather large leaps.

I'm curious what leads you to believe that Young is going to be cut? It seems likely they will keep 8-9 lineman.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed and I know it's still early but wow! these guys have only 1 sure fire healthy starter, possibly 2 - at the moment. Kinda wish we played 'em in week 1

http://m.espn.go.com...fceast&id=45634

The NFL only allows us to play them after their buy week, so this will never be possible in the future. ;):wallbash: