What position should we draft in round 1 next year?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be a downer at this point when looking towards next year's offseason, but I've got the sinking feeling our first rounder next year will be used to replace Levitre or Byrd. I have serious doubts we can keep them both. Just a feeling I've got. My gut tells me Levitre stays, Byrd goes.

I guess it depends on what pick we get but I think WR is what we need most

QB should be First. WR Second. LB Third, really hard to access until this season is over, but that's how I see it right now.

If we're drafting 32nd next year, then I really don't care what position we draft. It will be for depth only at that point with the potential to be a starter down the road. If we're drafting in the top-10 again, we're going to know exactly what we need based on how the season goes. Although he was the least sacked QB last season for a full year starter, he also threw the most interceptions. It's my perception that the offensive line is not as good as we think they are. It might be time for a new left tackle.

Well, like everyone else has already stated, its going to have to do a lot with how this year goes. Based on today, here is what I would think would be the most intriguing...

1. TE - If a potential premiere TE is available, I could see us grabbing him assuming there isnt a more pressing need. And honestly, I think this could be the pick. Chandler is a nice big target, but lacks any big play ability to stretch the interior of the field and NE's success is starting to catch fire.

2. QB - This is a make or break year for Fitz, and his history is riddled with inconsistencies, so based on his body of work this could be an area we need to improve on. That being said, he is also really set up to win this year with a much better team and a coach really working hard to fix his mechanics. So, this year may be one that lets him elevate his game and we no longer are in need of a young top prospect to develop.

3. WR - Until someone proves we don't need one, then this is still an obvious choice to be a potential pick. Personally, I think we have more depth at WR than people think and this will not be a first round need next year.

4. LB - See WR...again, until someone proves we dont need one...however, I think we actually have a lot of potential at LB and could prove to have a very good core right now again making this a non first round need.

5. OL - Probably not tackle, but I could see us taking a guard.

I think the most likely scenario is going to be simply BPA as already stated. Getting into specific positions though, I can see an athletic TE that can stretch the field or someone at a position where we lose a guy potentially to injury or FA. Again, all of this is VERY VERY premature and will obviously change as the team plays games, but based on today I think those are the 5 most likely positions.