The CBS Sports Bills Preview

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19602996/twobillsdrive

a) why do people insist on calling David Nelson a tight end? has anyone ever seen him stay on the line and block?

2) In discussing the impact Dareus might have, they say:

It'll be tough for offenses to double-team Dareus because of Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Mark Anderson, and that could spell trouble for Tom Brady, Mark Sanchez and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Um... is he gonna hurt his own QB? Or did Fitz get traded to the fish?

iii) The "Insider's Take"...

The biggest thing with Buffalo is the feel of it to me ... it just doesn't feel like the Buffalo Bills are going to be the king of the AFC East. It's more of a little brother, big brother mentality. If Ryan Fitzpatrick is your franchise quarterback, eh, I don't see it."

Really???

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

a) why do people insist on calling David Nelson a tight end? has anyone ever seen him stay on the line and block?

Really???

The Nelson thing puzzles me too. When it started a couple years back, I thought people were just confusing him with Shawn Nelson. Now that that's clearly not the case, is it just because he's a tall receiver who doesn't lineup out wide?

I also don't agree with his characterization of Marcell Dareus as an X-factor, because...

1) He was consistently solid for a rookie D-lineman.

2) In the unlikely case that Dareus flames out, there are still 2 pro bowlers on the line.

If anybody is an X-Factor, it's Gilmore.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Really???

I'm a big fan of Fitz's, but you think "the Insider" is the only guy in the country who thinks that he won't make the Bills "king of the AFCE"? He's not really going out on a limb there...is he??

I'm glad this article predicting a 7-9 finish came out. It should help soothe all of the fans "worried" the Bills are getting too much good press and that they haven't proven anything yet. :P

By the way, I know from listening to Kirwan on SiriusXM he is very impressed with the depth the Bills have assembled on defense; I think that comes across (somewhat) in his portion of the preview.

I would love to know who the "insider" was who provided those quotes. Probably Tom Donahoe. :lol:

I'm a big fan of Fitz's, but you think "the Insider" is the only guy in the country who thinks that he won't make the Bills "king of the AFCE"? He's not really going out on a limb there...is he??

I think Jay's point was that such a simplistic analysis could be provided by literally anybody who follows the NFL, not an Insider.

I did not know that. Great to hear.

And I agree, it would be foolish to project the Bills to overtake the Pats* solely on the basis of Fitzpatrick.

I thought it was interesting to read scouts thought that Glenn was soft and wouldn't live up to his potential (1st i've heard/seen of this). I hope he proves them all wrong.

Atleast they didn't call him Fitzgerald.

"And he'll need to play big, because the rest of the defense will feed off how the line performs. It'll be tough for offenses to double-team Dareus because of Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Mark Anderson, and that could spell trouble for Tom Brady, Mark Sanchez and Ryan Fitzpatrick."

Yeah, that's right, that could spell trouble for Ryan Fitzpatrick, so watch out!! :doh::oops:

I saw this listed "By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Blogger", and right away didn't take this guy seriously. With having Wannstedt as our DC, and our new D-line of MW, Dareus, KW & Anderson, that is only going to get the Bills one more win than last year?! Really?! :censored::wallbash:

I think Jay's point was that such a simplistic analysis could be provided by literally anybody who follows the NFL, not an Insider.

That was my point too.

I did not know that. Great to hear.

And I agree, it would be foolish to project the Bills to overtake the Pats* solely on the basis of Fitzpatrick.

Of course you don't--yet I told you the same thing a few weeks ago. You see what you want to see. Pay closer attention.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I'm glad this article predicting a 7-9 finish came out. It should help soothe all of the fans "worried" the Bills are getting too much good press and that they haven't proven anything yet. :P

By the way, I know from listening to Kirwan on SiriusXM he is very impressed with the depth the Bills have assembled on defense; I think that comes across (somewhat) in his portion of the preview.

I would love to know who the "insider" was who provided those quotes. Probably Tom Donahoe. :lol:

I'm definitely not one of those "worried" fans. But, it does somehow make me feel a little more at ease to read an article that doesn't heap praise on the Bills. Like last season, I always felt a little better going into a game as an underdog- which were most of the games we won. We lost most of the games we were favored in.

All that aside, this article reads like some high school kid's homework assignment. (no offense, Teen Insight.)

If the Jets can make the AFC Championship with Sanchez, we can win with Fitz. I'm also getting tired of the "Franchise QB" term. There may be 3 or 4 of them in the whole league.

And they've won 11 of the last 12 SBs (really, 18 of the last 20).

yet, somehow managing to beat Tim Tebow and the Broncos in Week 16).

I stopped reading after this and knowing the article didn't get much better. All the teams that got beat by Tebow gave up or were one of those teams that weren't fighting for anything, i.e. the Dolphins, Vikings, etc. Then when the he got some rep, it was one of those cases where the uniform and number beat the other team.

All that aside, this article reads like some high school kid's homework assignment. (no offense, Teen Insight.)

That's only because we would copy and paste it onto a Word document. :lol:

Did you know we joined on the same day? So that means that we are the twins of TBD and that we are connected. :D (Reminds me of that one all-state commercial)

In general, all the prognosticators tend to pick the teams who...wait for it...won last year! In a huge leap, we prognosticate that....they'll win again this year!

Then we sprinkle in a few teams who underperformed last year and added a few splashy FA or a big name coach as "on the verge" or "sleepers"

Mix together, and PUBLISH!

Were they Franchise QBs before they won their Super Bowl? Brady? Eli? Rodgers?

Now, now, stop injecting Hindsight into the discussion!

Does this guy actually get paid to write this stuff?

No websites are losing money so they are allowing writers pay to have their articles posted as if they were real writers; this could take off like reality TV replaced actually scripted TV saving lots of money.

"And he'll need to play big, because the rest of the defense will feed off how the line performs. It'll be tough for offenses to double-team Dareus because of Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Mark Anderson, and that could spell trouble for Tom Brady, Mark Sanchez and Ryan Fitzpatrick."

Yeah, that's right, that could spell trouble for Ryan Fitzpatrick, so watch out!! :doh::oops:

I saw this listed "By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Blogger", and right away didn't take this guy seriously. With having Wannstedt as our DC, and our new D-line of MW, Dareus, KW & Anderson, that is only going to get the Bills one more win than last year?! Really?! :censored::wallbash:

Maybe he is talking about Fitzpatrick having trouble in practice? :unsure:

Here's a better answer - didn't see this posted already: Why Buffalo Bills WR David Nelson is Mistaken For a Tight End

I read that today too. And a very good article again.

But CBS does not get a pass. They have little idea who our team is and i dont like them. at all.

No respect for my Bills. no respect for you CBS! very.. :angry:

Edited by 3rdand12