Former WR Josh Reed Slams Buffalo

http://blogs.lsureveille.com/sports/2011/03/01/qa-with-former-lsu-wide-receiver-josh-reed/

Q: What was life in the NFL like?

A: “It might be different in other cities but you know, Buffalo is in Western New York. It, really as far as the layout, the landscape and the area was kind of like the South, in New York. It’s not anything like the city. It’s real laid back in the country, but the people are horrible. As far as getting in trouble in Buffalo or socially, there’s nothing to do. You go to practice and go home. In eight years we never made the playoffs and didn’t have much success, so the fans are brutal. They sit here and say they have the best fans and have the best food. No. Coming from Louisiana where you have great weather, you can go outside 90 percent of the time. The people here are just friendly; you don’t even have to know somebody. If you say,’Hello,’ they’re going to say, ‘Hello,’ back; they may even start up a conversation. Up there, you say, ‘Hello,’ they’re like, ‘What do you mean, hello?’ It’s just like if they’re so miserable up here, then move.”

I have been to N.O. a handful of times and the treatment there isnt much better, Fkem. And the food is better in WNY, there is maybe 5 places where you get really good food. Other than that grab a Lucky dog and call it a day....

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny how you hate a guy for being honest. You now say he sucks and the "worst" player we had, ha! Just like Mcgahee and Lynch, they sure suck and its good we got rid of them when they said B'lo was boring. Its great we had to use two first round draft picks to replace both of them, but now start an arena league player. Look how their careers turned out!

Josh Reed Quote from his last season in Buffalo:

"I look back on my career and I had my ups and downs. But I think I've been around long enough and I have done enough that if it's not here, which I hope it is, that I can help some team in this league."

So which is it, Josh? When did you leave Bain Capital?

They probably caught him on a bad day. Which is lucky because he is a hard man to catch. Or is it a hard time catching. I'll be more interested in what he has to say in 5 years he he makes his HOF speech.

I agree that Buffalo isnt the high life, club going, gangster wannabe, location he seems to enjoy. But any Bills player, past or present, that is worth talking about has Buffalo in his heart. Screw Reed.

BTW I dont know why but I wanna kick Desean Jackson's ass. Too much ego compiled in one little man. Was just reading about him. Saw these pictures, tattoos wrapped around his stick arms. At least Stevie has a personality to go along with his image.

Ignore strangers? Yes and no. Just because we don't sit on the porch and say hi to everybody that walks by, doesn't mean we are colder or ignore strangers. It's hard to explain. Don't judge Buffalo if you've never been there though.

You raise an interesting point. I dont know if there is any actual correlation, but it does seem that most of the guys Donahoe picked were the type of guys that hated Buffalo and complained that it was too small/boring. Kelsay is the only one I know of that setup residence here full time.

I dont know if it was just the kind of guy Donahoe was drawn to. Or if the Bills sucking so bad over those years made the players not like the city. Either way, it has made for a very weird generation of Bills players.

Whereas Nix has found guys that seem to really take to the area. Again, it could be that the attitude in the club is so positive, it makes for an easier off-the-field life. I dont know, but I'd like to talk to the players about it...

i dont know reed well enough, but donahoe certainly liked flashy guys - the types drawn to the U seemed to get him especially excited - you know the ones that would choose miami over a small town.

http://blogs.lsureveille.com/sports/2011/03/01/qa-with-former-lsu-wide-receiver-josh-reed/

Q: What was life in the NFL like?

A: “It might be different in other cities but you know, Buffalo is in Western New York. It, really as far as the layout, the landscape and the area was kind of like the South, in New York. It’s not anything like the city. It’s real laid back in the country, but the people are horrible. As far as getting in trouble in Buffalo or socially, there’s nothing to do. You go to practice and go home. In eight years we never made the playoffs and didn’t have much success, so the fans are brutal. They sit here and say they have the best fans and have the best food. No. Coming from Louisiana where you have great weather, you can go outside 90 percent of the time. The people here are just friendly; you don’t even have to know somebody. If you say,’Hello,’ they’re going to say, ‘Hello,’ back; they may even start up a conversation. Up there, you say, ‘Hello,’ they’re like, ‘What do you mean, hello?’ It’s just like if they’re so miserable up here, then move.”

This guy makes alot of sense :wallbash:

he never experienced winning here, what do you expect?

jimbo is out there still tailgating to this day, and wants to be part of ownership.

win, and youre a god.

lose, and its a small city with nothing to do.

who cares. the current bills love buffalo, and buffalo loves them. a 12-4 season and a divisional round appearance, and buffalo will be the NFL's golden boys again.

In the HD era, our stadium, in a blizzard, for a night playoff game? you can't sell the image of the NFL any better than that. our fans are crazy, our stadium is the last of the "built for the fans, not the suits," type, the weather is unpredictable, and the bills in the playoffs just has a certain magic to it - because win or lose, we WILL make it interesting. and were a story, like the 04 red sox.

the media attention this season is going to be overwhelming, i absolutely can't wait.

I live out of market - and let me tell you: this league has GROWN since the bills last made the playoffs. man... just wait until you see the national attention we get this year. wow. the way that this thread went 6 pages? you guys aren't ready...

But yet in an earlier post you said:

I've been to many cities and states and I still think this. Lived in Vegas, been to Tampa, Daytona, Charlotte, Myrtle Beach...........

Make up your mind.

:rolleyes:

I would hardly consider Myrtle Beach, DC and Charlotte as being southern. If others do, I would laugh at them to tjier face. It's about as in the middle as you can get. Sure I consider Anywhere in Florida southern but with so many transplants there it's hardly southern. Not to mention Florida is just a whole different beast altogether. Sure Vegas is far south but to consider it south is rediculous. Vegas is nothing but West Coast living. Having lived there for years I find that offensive.

When I think of southern, I think or Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama. That's southern. I've been through every ine of those states and honestly don't think there's anything memorable in any of them except maybe Georgia. Never been to New Orleans so maybe I'm missing something there. Oh well. No biggie. I've been on a spring break trip before, I'm not missing anything.

I would hardly consider Myrtle Beach, DC and Charlotte as being southern. If others do, I would laugh at them to tjier face. It's about as in the middle as you can get. Sure I consider Anywhere in Florida southern but with so many transplants there it's hardly southern. Not to mention Florida is just a whole different beast altogether. Sure Vegas is far south but to consider it south is rediculous. Vegas is nothing but West Coast living. Having lived there for years I find that offensive.

When I think of southern, I think or Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama. That's southern. I've been through every ine of those states and honestly don't think there's anything memorable in any of them except maybe Georgia. Never been to New Orleans so maybe I'm missing something there. Oh well. No biggie. I've been on a spring break trip before, I'm not missing anything.

So Myrtle Beach and Charlotte are not part of the south but Vegas is west coast living?? :blink:

What the hell are you saying. I grew up in Buffalo, have lived in Virginia Beach, VA for the past 13 years. Where I am at now, this is middle as it gets. But Myrtle Beach and Charlotte are southern, case closed.

I stilll love Buffalo, my family is mostly still there, I'll be visiting in a few weeks. I will ALWAYS be an avid diehard Bills fan, however, one part of Reed's statement is indeed fact. People in the south are by and large much more friendly than most Buffaloians. The Bills and the Sabres are the glue that binds. If it were not for those teams most people in Buffalo would hardly talk to one another.

Edited by Mr. T

many people from Buffalo are waaaay oversensitive about every negative thing said about the city.

Just roll with the punches.The Buffalo area has beautiful areas and dumpy areas.No reason to be so insecure about it.

And re: Reeds ability---He was an average to good possession receiver. He didn't stink.

I don't really care what Josh thinks of Buffalo, but it's disappointing he would actively burn a bridge like that. The Bills paid him handsomely for most of his NFL career; it's a shame he can't show just a bit of respect.

Something tells me Josh won't find his name on a Bills alumni invitation list any time soon.

He had Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey, and Dick Jauron as HC's during his time in Buffalo. I'd be pissed off too.

In 115 games, 311 receptions 3,575 yards 10 TD's. He shouldn't even open his mouth.

Edited by Azucho98

My cousin said it not up to a person to card a "minor" in a club. My uncle said that's managements job.

keep trying with the BS rumors though, there so interesting.

His word is as good as mine. I knew some tool would try to bash what I said just because my cousin said it lol. Believe what you want, I heard it from others as well. Except my cousin seen it in person. Josh Reed is a pedaphile in my book.