Question for 2012:

Who should be the captains?

I've got...

Fitz, Freddy, Kyle, Wilson, Moorman, Mcintyre

Edited by Billsrhody

Fitz and Johnson

Dareus and Byrd

Lindell and Sanborn

Moorman has been a special teams captains since 2006 and Wilson since 2007, I see no reason for that streak to end. In reference to the OP, I think McIntyre won't make the team. The Bills are introducing Jackson/Spiller two-back sets and want an H-back package with Dorin Dickerson. I agree with Carey, I think it'll be Fitz, Freddie, K. Williams, and Barnett rounding it out.

In 2011, the bills selected 6 captains:

Offense: Ryan Fizpatrick, Fred Jackson

Defense: Kyle Williams, Andra Davis

Special teams: Brian Moorman, George Wilson

Question for 2012:

I've got...

Offense is a no-brainer - Fitz and Freddie

Defense Kyle Williams and Dareus (Watch his highlight video from last year, he certainly took a leadership role as a rookie and I think deserves the "C.")

Special Teams: This may be Moorman's last year so he should be out there but I am wondering if Wilson will be playing at ST this year. Although 'The Senator' deserves to be a captain his seat amongst the six might go to one of our new ST leaders.

When you look at this team the character and leadership abilities of players just jump out at you!

I can see Wood or Levitre as captains from our OL. Stevie and Nelson would fit right in (Chandler too). On defense just go down that defensive front Mario and Anderson both have leadership abilities, Barnett and Shepherd, and then in the backfield Byrd and McGee with Aaron Williams showing the spark of a leader too.

Buddy and Chan have built quite a team ... now that team needs to bring in some W's!

Moorman has been a special teams captains since 2006 and Wilson since 2007, I see no reason for that streak to end. In reference to the OP, I think McIntyre won't make the team. The Bills are introducing Jackson/Spiller two-back sets and want an H-back package with Dorin Dickerson. I agree with Carey, I think it'll be Fitz, Freddie, K. Williams, and Barnett rounding it out.

I think that Corey Mc will be pushed and is not a shoe in to make the team. I would hate to see him leave, love his intensity.

Moorman is also going to be pushed during camp. Could be he's also out of a job come September.

On a side note reguarding team captains, I heard the jests aren't going to have captains this year. Kind of odd with the way they used team captians in the past to try to push certain players and make them captains at odd times,.like when maybin was made team captain

I wouldn't pick Stevie either for the maturity issues. He'll grow out of it but you bet on Fred Ex. I always think of captains as those guys at halftime when your down by 14 getting your head back in the game and holding everyone together. I also see a captain as the guy who holds people accountable. If they are missing their assignment, you hear it. Kyle Williams is that kind of guy.

Fitzy and Fredex

Kyle Williams and George Wilson or Nick Barnett

Moorman and Mcintyre

Isn't it common to have an O lineman as a captain? Fitz and Wood makes sense to me (assuming Wood stays healthy).

Wasn't Wood the guy who called out Maybin when he as getting cocky in training camp? I think Wood makes sense as a guy with leadership ability.

Isn't it common to have an O lineman as a captain? Fitz and Wood makes sense to me (assuming Wood stays healthy).

Wasn't Wood the guy who called out Maybin when he as getting cocky in training camp? I think Wood makes sense as a guy with leadership ability.

For now I'll go with:

Fitz & Freddie (wouldn't mind seeing Wood with either of these guys)

Williams & Williams (could be Mario & Merriman - and Kelsay could still slip in there)

Wilson & ???

Wood mentions finally… he would be my 3rd guess as an offensive captain after Fitz and Freddy.

It will be hard to make Moorman a captain if he isn't even on the roster. :devil:

Losman was the captain a few years ago and didn't make it past the first few weeks of the season.

I would go:

Offense:

-Fred Jackson

-Would go Eric Wood, but since it is an unwritten rule that your QB has to be one of them I go Fitz.

Defense:

Wilson (he is starting so not sure how much ST he will even play to be a captain of that unit).

Barnett.

Special Teams:

Moorman

McIntyre (if he is still on the roster) if not I go Lindell.

• 1 month later...

Question for 2012:

I've got...

OP nailed it.

I wouldn't have guessed Mcintyre but as a kicking teams captain it makes sense.

From July 6th:

Question for 2012:

I've got...

From today:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-name-six-team-captains/e8474a9b-949e-4d43-99dc-bb199d8057f4

"At Wednesday morning’s team meeting the Bills announced their six captains. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Fred Jackson will lead the offense, Kyle Williams and George Wilson will captain the defense and Corey McIntryre and Brian Moorman will head up the special teams unit."

OP nailed it.

I wouldn't have guessed Mcintyre but as a kicking teams captain it makes sense.

Good of you to bring this topic back up.

McIntyre is a holy terror out there. I personally hope he gets more plays in the offense… I'd like to see him get 2 touches a game instead of 1 touch every two weeks.