Merriman Cleared

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you would have read ALL of my posts in this thread. You would have seen I stated just that "there are different kinds of steroids". For a guy that calls himself DOC I'm sure glad your not mine. Reading can be tough at times. But thanks for the concern and have a great evening. BTW my "neurologist" runs spinal clinics I do talk to him we became friends. Your lack of facts on posting all things medical has me wondering.......

Look, mate, I'm not a doctor, but it's clear that you aren't either. Not by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a clinical biologist, and I work with anesthesiologists on a daily basis, and watch ass clowns like you get filleted like a bass in the OR every morning.

Are all doctors geniuses? No. Are they saints? Not that I've seen.

But here's my opinion. Take your neurologist name-dropping and ram it sideways. You aren't worthy. Anyone here who IS a clinician, or anyone here who WORKS with clinicians, couldn't care less that a mouthbreather like yourself tells us that your neurologist "Joe So-and-So" says that his acne is itching.

I'm not saying that Doc is right. I'm not saying that Doc is wrong. But when you've earned it, you have a right to criticize it. You don't. I'll see you on the operating table.

Look, mate, I'm not a doctor, but it's clear that you aren't either. Not by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a clinical biologist, and I work with anesthesiologists on a daily basis, and watch ass clowns like you get filleted like a bass in the OR every morning.

But here's my opinion. Take your neurologist name-dropping and ram it sideways. You aren't worthy. Anyone here who IS a clinician, or anyone here who WORKS with clinicians, couldn't care less that a mouthbreather like yourself tells us that your neurologist "Joe So-and-So" says that his acne is itching.

I read the first page and thought I'm not reading this. I love lights Out and think he has major upside or Sam Cowart downside. But he has to show me at this point on the field. I think he is a sweet gift to us from the football gods IF he's finally healthy. He has to stoked at the thought of playing with the group we have assembled now and he seemed genuinely happy about playing for us after his initial Buffalo, WTF thoughts. Like most guys are.

But in your post you mention you're a clinical biologist and you work with anusthesiologists.

Personally I am relieved you spelled anesthesiolegists correctly.

You did spell anesthesiologists correctly right?

Cheers! Bring on the season! Cant take much more of the in fighting. And you must know I am just kidding :beer:

Are all doctors geniuses? No. Are they saints? Not that I've seen.

I'm not saying that Doc is right. I'm not saying that Doc is wrong. But when you've earned it, you have a right to criticize it. You don't. I'll see you on the operating table.

I'll tell ya mate I'll quit mentioning a doctors name, if you quit boring people with your occupation and resume, See the irony? Crazy stuff guy. Where do you get the impression I ever claimed to be a doctor? Take a chill pill and put me on ignore LOL Its a fan forum.

Merriman's 1st day was certainly encouraging, and I'll have to admit he sounds downright giddy about how he's feeling. The key for me will be to see how he does once training camp rolls around. If they start with the "rest days" again it should be cause for concern; the TC schedule is pretty lax. That said, if he's telling the truth when he says he can finally "explode" again, this really could be a year to remember. Fingers are crossed, big time.

The situations are very similar. Williams and Johnson got their surgeries almost immediately after signing their big money deals. Had they had it done before, it would have hurt their negotiating power. Merriman delayed surgery so as to not hurt his vontract negotiations. It worked, since after his rookie deal, he was franchised, then released, and got a decent deal from the Bills. Now that he's finally had surgery, we'll see what's since there are no more excuses.

Looks like you and your personal friend WEO

Not similar at all, doc. Those Bills were coming off a couple of career seasons and were properly rewarded. Then they got injured and then had surgery. Merriman arrived off an injury and release by SD. He was immediately reinjured (more likely, he was still injured when we got him). He was then again injured the next season. Then he had surgery. He wasn't in line for negotiating a new contract at any point.

And linking me and BestPlayerAvailable?? Ouch!! You know how to hurt a guy!

Edited by Mr. WEO

Merriman's 1st day was certainly encouraging, and I'll have to admit he sounds downright giddy about how he's feeling. The key for me will be to see how he does once training camp rolls around. If they start with the "rest days" again it should be cause for concern; the TC schedule is pretty lax. That said, if he's telling the truth when he says he can finally "explode" again, this really could be a year to remember. Fingers are crossed, big time.

Part of it is definitely getting past the non-contact practices, but the thing I really want to see is how he does once the contact starts. When you're rushing the passer at full speed while a 300+ pound behemoth is putting all his weight into you, the force on that achilles will be tremendous. If he can get through that a few dozen times a day and still has the same explosiveness, then I'll be the giddy one...

I'm just excited about the prospect of getting 5-6 sacks from our backup DE...

Part of it is definitely getting past the non-contact practices, but the thing I really want to see is how he does once the contact starts. When you're rushing the passer at full speed while a 300+ pound behemoth is putting all his weight into you, the force on that achilles will be tremendous. If he can get through that a few dozen times a day and still has the same explosiveness, then I'll be the giddy one...

I'm just excited about the prospect of getting 5-6 sacks from our backup DE...

I agree, it's all about the return of explosion for him. We saw it in glimpses in the pre-season last year and for a play or two before he hurt his shoulder against KC in the opener. But he sure was gimping it the rest of the time.

As to the 5-6 sacks from our backup DE, I agree. On top of Merriman's 16, Anderson's 5 or 6 will be icing on the cake.

GO BILLS!!!

As to the 5-6 sacks from our backup DE, I agree. On top of Merriman's 16, Anderson's 5 or 6 will be icing on the cake.

:lol: LOL, nice.

I agree that the rest days would be a bad sign. But I would prefer him not participate in any contact in camp and only extremely limited preseason action. It's not like he is a rookie, and I'd rather have him a little rusty but at 100% when the games count for as long as he can go rather than him getting nicked up or worse in meaningless practices or games.

Edited by CodeMonkey