Worst day of the year for Travis Henry

T Henry still has my vote for toughest bill ever - too bad for him

It might be because he was too stupid to know when to take a day off but yes. I agree 100% fue guy played on broken legs, with broken ribs and stiff armed people into oblivion on every play.

Why do you need a link to explain what all of the other thread posters understand? Seriously, don't waste your time responding if you don't understand the post everyone else seems to.

Seriously,how about don't waste time posting without links (which you didn't and I have no idea why your panties are in a bunch about me writing that?). You don't think I checked googled TH news 1st? Threads like this are just as low on the wonderlic as TH was. <_<

It might be because he was too stupid to know when to take a day off but yes. I agree 100% fue guy played on broken legs, with broken ribs and stiff armed people into oblivion Bolivia on every play.

Me and Emmitt fixed your pose.

Edited by maddenboy

Seriously,how about don't waste time posting without links (which you didn't and I have no idea why your panties are in a bunch about me writing that?). You don't think I checked googled TH news 1st? Threads like this are just as low on the wonderlic as TH was. <_<

Wasn't my post, just an observation... Kudos OP, entertaining post.

Wonderlic of 7.... 11 kids, 10 mothers... $150+k per year in child support liability.

They really need to start pushing vasectomies for these 20 year old overnight millionaires....

Every once in awhile you see something that makes you think that society should have greater control over individuals… but then you weigh that against the political implications.

awfully sad thread.

easy pickings making fun of the misfortunes of one person and the troubles left behind. but what's it matter, eh? this is merely an innocuous message board, and everything is fair game, right?

so to quote the OP in his awkward attempt to be a smart alec, "just sayin," which i guess makes it all right. but go at it, poke fun. it's an easy thing to do, because we all here are guilt free.

jw

why does this thread need a link? do you really not get the joke?

also, chill out.

Oh.... Mother's day Mother's day link, I get it now (even though I live in a place that has a different Mother's day and realized the "joke" before my first post). The humor was lame, you chill out. JW got it (I think).

Happy Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day!

Edited by jeremy2020

awfully sad thread.

easy pickings making fun of the misfortunes of one person and the troubles left behind. but what's it matter, eh? this is merely an innocuous message board, and everything is fair game, right?

so to quote the OP in his awkward attempt to be a smart alec, "just sayin," which i guess makes it all right. but go at it, poke fun. it's an easy thing to do, because we all here are guilt free.

jw

I hear ya, jw, but it's not as if this is a situation thrust upon poor innocent Travis. The guy is either a complete idiot, or incredibly mentally disabled (which might be the case, I don't know).

And if any of us have left behind a similar sort of "legacy" we should be ashamed of ourselves as well.

It might be because he was too stupid to know when to take a day off but yes. I agree 100% fue guy played on broken legs, with broken ribs and stiff armed people into oblivion on every play.

This is the one thing I remember fondly on him. He made people look like they were running face first into an I-beam.

He probably can't rber his own name. Iwouldnt put money on him remembering his 11 kids names.

He named them the numbers 1-11 so he remembers 8 of their names. 0:)

I saw him play a game against Arkansas while he was at Tennessee. Arkansas had the game won but the Razorback qb fumbled with very little time left. Tennessee gave the ball to Henry five or six straight times and he scored the winning td with almost no time left. after the third or fourth run Arkansas was playing an 11 0 0 defense to no avail. Greatest rushing exhibition I've ever seen. Gritty guy.

I saw him play a game against Arkansas while he was at Tennessee. Arkansas had the game won but the Razorback qb fumbled with very little time left. Tennessee gave the ball to Henry five or six straight times and he scored the winning td with almost no time left. after the third or fourth run Arkansas was playing an 11 0 0 defense to no avail. Greatest rushing exhibition I've ever seen. Gritty guy.

I still remember the comment from one of the Bills' scouts (I think) that Travis was a "bowling ball of butcher knives."

I worked for the Bills when Henry was there.

He and Coy Wire were 2 guys who were on the field working out nearly every day on the offseason. The guy was a workhorse.

I blame a lot of this on that garbage football program they had at Tennessee as well.

I still remember the comment from one of the Bills' scouts (I think) that Travis was a "bowling ball of butcher knives."

IIRC, that quote was about Kyle Williams, "The rolling ball of butcher knives."

You'd think after 5 or 6 kids, he'd get the message about contraception. It's nobody's fault but his own.

IIRC, that quote was about Kyle Williams, "The rolling ball of butcher knives."

You'd think after 5 or 6 kids, he'd get the message about contraception. It's nobody's fault but his own.

Just found the quote -- it was about Travis, from Joel Buchsbaum:

"[Henry] is about as tough to tackle as a fire hydrant or a bowling ball rolling downhill with butcher knives sticking out of it."

I worked for the Bills when Henry was there.

He and Coy Wire were 2 guys who were on the field working out nearly every day on the offseason. The guy was a workhorse.

I blame a lot of this on that garbage football program they had at Tennessee as well.

You blame him having 11 kids with 10 different moms & being busted for drug dealing on the University of Tennessee? What did they have to do with the problems he created?

awfully sad thread.

jw

Misfortunes are when you get hit by a drunk driver or someone breaks into your house and steals your tv! Having numerous kids with numerous woman and having to support them is bad decision making, let's no confuse the two and feel bad for this guy as some poor unfortunate soul. Reap what you sow.

awfully sad thread.

jw

Self inflicted misfortunes. I feel sorry for his kids but I'll make fun of him all day. Congrats on being better than me though!

awfully sad thread.

jw.

There is a number of serious issues related to a Travis Henry type situation. One of those issues is how someone so obviously ill-equipped from an academic stand point can become eligible in an academic setting beyond his capabilities. Travis Henry was given a scholarchip under the guise of a learning disabled/special needs student.

Many people are going to use the argument of personal responsibility when discussing TH and his plight. There is legitimacy to that viewpoint. Yet, there is another side to this type of saga: the system using an individual and then when the individual's utility is exhausted the individual is left to his own devices to survive in a world that he can't comprehend.

Travis Henry is not capable of managing his affairs. He never was. He should have been under some sort of guardianship. There is nothing funny about his situation. It is really sad from an individual and societal standpoint.

Travis Henry is not capable of managing his affairs. He never was. He should have been under some sort of guardianship. There is nothing funny about his situation. It is really sad from an individual and societal standpoint.

All of the "he was used" commentary aside, does anyone believe Travis Henry is/was not capable of understanding that inserting his penis into a woman's vagina and "rubbing until it feels good" is how babies are made?

All of the "he was used" commentary aside, does anyone believe Travis Henry is/was not capable of understanding that inserting his penis into a woman's vagina and "rubbing until it feels good" is how babies are made?

I'm serious when I say this but he is not a capable individual. If you heard and watched him in interviews you would come away with the same conclusion. He is the type of individual who needs supervision to manage his personal affairs. I don't believe he is a bad person; he is simply someone who is ill-equipped to handle the real world.

I'm not suggesting that he shouldn't he held accountable for his actions. Far from it. But after reading a number of responses on this topic there is a touch of cruelty in ridiculing someone who is so limited. (I'm not saying that you fall in that category.)

it is a sad and tragic story, in which i find no humor. in my dealings with him, Travis Henry was never arrogant or a blowhard as a person or player. it's no secret that he made numerous bad decisions that have led him to where he is. to me, some of the best times to mock those is when the focus is on a person who could be lowered a few notches. i don't see how piling on on someone who's as down as down can be is in any way amusing.

hey, "just sayin."

jw

Edited by john wawrow

Just found the quote -- it was about Travis, from Joel Buchsbaum:

"[Henry] is about as tough to tackle as a fire hydrant or a bowling ball rolling downhill with butcher knives sticking out of it."

There was another quote that tackling him was like tackling a full keg of beer slathered in oil. Not sure who said this...it's from memory...