UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

Chan is probably best able to determine who fits his offense.

1335997008[/url]' post='2456600']

He isn't a fit for Chan's offense at all; Gregg Cossell's comments on Young not fitting our offense are a few pages back that clearly states this...

He may have upside, but the tape and stats thus far don't show that and don't lie.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not going to get into his personal life. We all mature at are own pace. Maybe he has maybe he hasn't time will tell. As a football player he is perfect for chan's offense. Alot of the plays are one read and throw, use to set up some deep hits. I know this is going to be outladish to some but the next time Fitz has a three game losing streak Vince will be our starting qb. For the recored I am a fitz supporter I just think young has such a high upside that it is only a matter of time before he is the qb

I could be mistaken and often am, I'm concerned you're mistaking a quick-release game from a spread offense for a one-read game.

Lot of college teams play the latter. What Chan does is the former, and mentally it's tough. There's a reason Edwards and his superior arm flamed out and Brohm looked like cr**. They couldn't handle Chan's offense at NFL speed.

VY has gone on multiple long winning streaks in his career (not the 5 game variety that Fitz supplies) and led multiple teams to the playofs.

Man, what a hoot.

Young was the QB for one playoff season (2007) at Tennesee in which the Titans never won more than 3 games in a row (10-6 record overall). They then lost 17-6 to the Chargers in the wildcard game, in which he went 16 for 29 for a grand total of 138 yards and a pick. He also had 12 yards rushing.

In 2008, he only started one game and it was Kerry Collins who led them to a 13-3 record.

Man, what a hoot.

Young was the QB for one playoff season (2007) at Tennesee in which the Titans never won more than 3 games in a row (10-6 record overall). They then lost 17-6 to the Chargers in the wildcard game, in which he went 16 for 29 for a grand total of 138 yards and a pick. He also had 12 yards rushing.

In 2008, he only started one game and it was Kerry Collins who led them to a 13-3 record.

No place for facts here...

I honestly can't think of any other player who has consistently played like crap receive the amount of hype and passes for athletic ability this guy gets...

Edit: According to NFL.COM:

"It's unclear what the Bills think about Young and whether the former Heisman Trophy winner fits their plans. The Bills provided no update after Young met with coaches and held an on-field workout at the team's facility.

A person familiar with Young's travel schedule would only say that the player flew out of Buffalo later in the day. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because no updates had been provided by the team."

With any luck it is hurry up and get the F out of here

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder

Buddy said post draft he was going to bring a QB in. He did. Perhaps that will be the end of the story. I don't mind having VY in camp to see if he'd be + for the roster... I would mind if he was obviously not a + and he was kept instead of someone better suited.

Now - having learned about the Talley stuff makes me really leery of his character... Not because Talley was a Bill, but because it takes a special maroon to insult someone (even accidentally), then throw salt in it trying to be a jokester - and probably still didn't know who he was since he was coming to OBD... It'd be pretty damn fitting for VY to be here when Talley makes it on the Wall... *awkward* I don't think low character folks make good QBs in the NFL... Leaf comes to mind...

Hey, if we're looking to bring in a QB, I bet that Russell kid is available. :)

hey, what's a maroon....??

just messin' w/ you

Thigpen looked horrid in the preseason last year, and Chan wouldn't be bringing in VY if he felt they were set at backup QB.

I think everyone agrees Thiggy needs to be upgraded. Bringing in Vince Young has the potential to create an entire assortment of issues. The other options are not as physically gifted as Young, but don't have the other issues that come along with him. The question if it is worth it for a backup position. Honestly, there are others out there who would be a better fit overall and know and embrace their role as a backup...

Thigpen looked horrid in the preseason last year, and Chan wouldn't be bringing in VY if he felt they were set at backup QB.

I don't disagree that Thigpen didn't look good. And I agree Chix wouldn't be bringing in candidates to replace him if they didn't think so, too.

But I think the only advantages VY has are strictly physical.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't disagree that Thigpen didn't look good. And I agree Chix wouldn't be bringing in candidates to replace him if they didn't think so, too.

But I think the only advantages VY has are strictly physical.

GO BILLS!!!

Prob be brining in a few QB's in the next few days. Perhaps Dennis Dixon, or a trade for Rex Grossman or Colt McCoy.

The Eagles wanted Trent Edwards more than they did Vince Young. Take from that what you will.

For a team that employs a starting quarterback destined to be injured for stretches of the season, Andy Reid and Company put their faith in Trent in 2012, not Vince to be the backup to Michael Vick.

Perhaps it was that four interception game. Against the Seahawks.

The Eagles love to reclaim quarterbacks in their buy low, sell high approach to draft picks. They gave up on Vince.

Is he better than Thigpen? Really don't know.

Numerous posters have addressed your points but you haven't really addressed theirs

One assertion is that Trent is camp fodder.

Another one (supported) is that Andy Reid told Young that he thinks he's a starter and should pursue opportunities to compete for a starting job.

Another one is that Young lost his job to Kafka, not Edwards.

Then there's the drafting of Nick Foles in the 3rd round.

Do you really think Young was allowed to walk because of Trent Edwards?

I've now stated multiple times in this thread that I trust the current FO enough to give them the benefit of the doubt if he were to sign.

I've posted the same thing… why isn't anyone listening to us?

:)

Let's see -- Young was 7 yrs. old in Jan., '91 when Talley was participating in the Bills 1st Super Bowl. As per Wikipedia, Young was injured badly when 7 yrs. old and hospitalized for months. For all we know, maybe he was still hospitalized when Talley was playing in XXV. Given this and given he was just a kid trying to survive in gangland Houston, I'll give Young a pass that he didn't know who Talley was. I loved Talley and he was a great Bill, but I think he's letting his ego get the best of him here. I'm ok with the guy getting another chance. If it doesn't work out, nothing lost.

What happened when Young was 8 years old during the Bills second Super Bowl season or for that matter, when he was 10 years old during the Bills fourth Super Bowl season?

Just giving you a hard time. I would prefer that all NFL players are also students of NFL history but agree that it's probably a bit too much to hope for.

Interesting, I wonder if lack of information coming out of OBD is out of respect for Seau?

I heard that Chris Kelsay rushed over to One Bills Drive to advise the team to suppress too much Vince Young coverage out of respect for Junior Seau's passing. I guess that's just the kinda guy Kelsay is.

Cheap attempt at humor… sorry.

Man, what a hoot.

In fairness to the truth (because if I could lie on your behalf, I would), in 2009 Young started the season as a backup and after Kerry Collins led the team to a 0-6 record, owner Bud Adams insisted that Jeff Fisher install Young as the starter.

Fisher followed Adams' orders and installed Young as the starter for the remainder of the season.

Vince Young led the team to an 8-2 finish.

In 2009.

Well he left buffalo....

Threw up this on twitter:@VinceYoung: All respect to the Buffalo Bills organization great workout today honor to meet all the coaches and players and respect to Buddy Nix.

One reading between the lines would think we said thanks but no thanks...(or he did)