UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

I agree 100%. I have no problem with people having their own opinions and voicing them. But I have no patience for idle threats. If you honestly will quit on the Bills if they sign VY, please quit now and save us the whining. If you will not quit, then STFU and stop with the tantrum.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Buddy,

I have been a fan and a season ticket holder since 1987. My passion for this team has never wavered. I became a Buffalo Bills fan after years of growing up as a Giant fan. In 1987, I moved to Buffalo and needed to root for a team I thought I could more identify with. At that time Ronnie Harmon had dropped the pass that would have changed the Buffalo Bills franchise around and in spite of that I saw great things happening for the Bills so I made the commitment emotionally and financially. I am saying this with all honesty. If you sign Vince Young I will take my business else were. That is a promise.

Not to stomp on your righteous indignation, but Ronnie Harmon dropped that pass in January of 1990

This is worrying. it says something about mental state and capacity. Reid was clearly letting the guy down gently and taking the easy way out of cutting the dude.

I'm not against the Bills bringing him in, but is HAS to be as a backup so as to avoid the inevitable clamor for him to be the starter when Fitz has a bad game or when the national media decide to anoint him.

This is an opportunity for the Bills to permanently redefine VY's role in the league and only if they can do that should he be brought on board.

I hear what you are saying, Nick. But I cannot believe the Bills would bring Young onto the roster unless they were sure he was in a realistic state of mind. That said, listen to just about any NFL player, especially a QB, when asked about their own abilities. Just about all of them have convinced themselves that they are the very best. I think that mindset is needed in order to make it in the NFL. So I would expect Young to come in with the goal to earning the starting spot, but again, the Bills have to be sure Young won't implode when he fails to beat out Fitz.

Edited by scribo

Thigpen has shown me nothing. If VY has his head on straight this might make 2 guys expendable...Thigpen and Brad Smith. We only ran the wildcat 1-2 plays a game anyways and with the kickoff rules, Smith doesn't seem to justify his salary. This might be a way to keep an extra LB, CB, DL, or OL player on the roster.

Dear Buddy,

I have been a fan and a season ticket holder since 1987. My passion for this team has never wavered. I became a Buffalo Bills fan after years of growing up as a Giant fan. In 1987, I moved to Buffalo and needed to root for a team I thought I could more identify with. At that time Ronnie Harmon had dropped the pass that would have changed the Buffalo Bills franchise around and in spite of that I saw great things happening for the Bills so I made the commitment emotionally and financially. I am saying this with all honesty. If you sign Vince Young I will take my business else were. That is a promise.

What a Fair Weather Fan!!!....I'm from Buffalo, moved to DC for college....Stayed a Bills Fan.....Moved to the Philly area in 86....Stayed a Bills Fan....I'll forever be a Bills Fan!!!

Should you fulfill your Promise of departure from Bills nation upon the signing of VY..Good Riddance I'll say.

Dear Buddy,

Why an open letter and why put it out there for all to see? Looks like you just want attention. If this is so important to you just send your letter to the Bills.

Why post something like that and then quickly log off? Don't start a thread based solely on your opinion unless you have enough time to stick around and discuss it. Pretty standard message board etiquette.

I hear what you are saying, Nick. But I cannot believe the Bills would bring Young onto the roster unless they were sure he was in a realistic state of mind. That said, listen to just about any NFL player, especially a QB, when asked about their own abilities. Just about all of them have convinced themselves that they are the very best. I think that mindset is needed in order to make it in the NFL. So I would expect Young to come in with the goal to earning the starting spot, but again, the Bills have to be sure Young won't implode when he fails to beat out Fitz.

I agree to a point - but the NFL is a business, so at an individual level you have to think you can be the guy at an organizational level it has to be clear that if you have invested in a guy like the Bills have, he's going to be #1. Too much money invested in Fitz to think VY can or should compete.

Also - chemistry - Fitz has it with his guys. VY is a bit of a dick.

Dear Buddy,

Team hoppers are a dime a dozen, they're not fans. How ironic you became a Bills fan in 87. Leave now and spare us anymore idiotic posing.

Thigpen has shown me nothing. If VY has his head on straight this might make 2 guys expendable...Thigpen and Brad Smith. We only ran the wildcat 1-2 plays a game anyways and with the kickoff rules, Smith doesn't seem to justify his salary. This might be a way to keep an extra LB, CB, DL, or OL player on the roster.

That's because he hasn't played. I'm not defending him I just haven't seen him play enough as a Bill to hate as much as others. I love the IF VY has his head on straight comments. He never has and if he does grow up mentally it might be too late physically.

Damn straight, 1gap. You have to draw the line somewhere. My wife cheated on me for 12 years, much of the time in the spare bedroom down the hall, until one morning when she burned my toast and I threw that dirty b#$%& out on the street! A man can only take so much!

:thumbsup:

She burnt your damn toast? Man, you took it easy. She'd be in pieces buried in the backyard if she burnt my toast AND forgot to put jam on that sucker.

Got to be a troll. VY has some mental health issues, not bad guy issues.

I agree with Coach Tuesday, it seems likely to the original poster here may have confused Young with Vick. My sister is an avid animal rights activists, and I would have understood if she turned her back on the Bills if they had signed Vick. But I just don't see anything like that with Young.