RD 4, Pick #105: LB Nigel Bradham - FSU

SDS

20 year FSU fan here. Got to watch every game last year. NB is extremely talented and should have been a first rounder but with a few scheme changes and his own knucklehead behavior it cost him. He's a big hitter and has a nose for the ball. Very instinctual but a little stiff. Does not sift thru the trash well, he is 1 st round talent when you combine all the positives, can be Cowart 2.0 but faster and bigger.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the insight.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not get into a BPA debate in this thread… or call people names. The excitement of the draft is bringing out some bad behavior.

Be Happy!

sounds like the bass player for a british invasion band

His father is a haberdasher.

20 year FSU fan here. Got to watch every game last year. NB is extremely talented and should have been a first rounder but with a few scheme changes and his own knucklehead behavior it cost him. He's a big hitter and has a nose for the ball. Very instinctual but a little stiff. Does not sift thru the trash well, he is 1 st round talent when you combine all the positives, can be Cowart 2.0 but faster and bigger.

Yeah good description. From the video posted, he is a "take-on" LB, plays going forward, he's a tough guy who's not intimidated by O-linemen, good athleticism, mean streak, gets nice depth on his zone drops and does a nice job in underneath man.

A really nice mix of toughness and athleticism.

This is why you don't have to take a LB in the first round. This guy is very talented and the difference between him and more touted prospects is smaller than you might think.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State

Height: 6-2. Weight: 241.

Sheppard is listed as 6-2, 244 lbs. Sheppard looks smallish on the field. However, if they are not the first round of defense against the run, then being fast and having awareness is what you want. I like the pick, and I think Wannstedt will have different personnel groupings for run versus pass, and he may be more useful in passing situations.

Glad to see us getting a big body that can cover Gronk and hit Hernandez. We have to hope this is enoguh.

I am hoping we go TE in the next round, but I am not sure he would actually make the roster, at least active roster; I have to think with our needs filled we go QB if there is an option available; Boise State's guy?

A few months ago I believed we needed to get the tools there to run Gailey and his offense now I am under the belief that we need guys there to allow him to run it - the support cast.

The Bills are the luckiest team ever that they had four clear needs and the BPA in each round fit exactly what we needed. God loves us again!

Haha what an amazing coincidence!

I agree.. the WR pick was maybe the swing and a miss but we'll never know with any of em til they step on the field but I'm leaning more towards 4 out of 4 than 3 out of 4...

I hope you're right!

Sheppard is listed as 6-2, 244 lbs. Sheppard looks smallish on the field. However, if they are not the first round of defense against the run, then being fast and having awareness is what you want. I like the pick, and I think Wannstedt will have different personnel groupings for run versus pass, and he may be more useful in passing situations.

Clearly from the 150 plays or so on the video, this is a 3-down LB… and does a nice job in zone and man.

So if you have Ray Lewis, you pass over Patrick Willis because it's not a need? Absolutely not. BPA regardless of need. That is how great teams conduct their drafts. The Patriots have taken a QB multiple times over the past 10 years, even though they have had Brady. It's BPA.

You can play Lewis and Willis together. If at the time the top rated player on the Bills board was a RB, you would have no problem with them picking a RB over a LB we need?

Glad to see us getting a big body that can cover Gronk and hit Hernandez. We have to hope this is enoguh.

I am hoping we go TE in the next round, but I am not sure he would actually make the roster, at least active roster; I have to think with our needs filled we go QB if there is an option available; Boise State's guy?

A few months ago I believed we needed to get the tools there to run Gailey and his offense now I am under the belief that we need guys there to allow him to run it - the support cast.

Buddy said no TEs this year.

Still think that Nix takes BPA? We had four clear needs and picked one player at each of them. I still contend there is really no such thing as BPA.

The guy looks like a killer. No fourth rounder would be expected to start. We need a back-up on the outside and the guy seems to have a lot of talent. I still like this draft a lot.

It's called looking at your board laterally. He called WR in 3rd rd because he knew who he was targeting. If Bradham were gone, we could have picked another position. Don't read into things.

It's called looking at your board laterally. He called WR in 3rd rd because he knew who he was targeting. If Bradham were gone, we could have picked another position. Don't read into things.

My point is only that every pick is the exactly same thing, you look at your BPA, and then you look at your 3-4 positions of need, and then you play those 4-5 players off each other, depending on what is your biggest need, who you have taken before, who you may think is still available later at a position of need, and then determine how close these players are to each other on your board. If the BPA is well above the other guys, MAYBE you take him. If he is slightly above, you go to the position of need where the better player is. Teams very rarely actually take the BPA regardless of what they say.

So was the punter who went in the 3rd round the BPA?

I think that was a key example of a team that doesn't follow BPA, showing why not following BPA is a poor idea.

Green Bay has arguably the best offense in the league. They needed defensive help across the board. Their first three picks were a pass rushing end, a strong DT and a DB. I guess they just lucked out that no offensive players were the BPA on their board. Or that at the time of their pick in the second, it wasn't another DE that was BPA. Or in the third, it wasn't a DE or DT. :wallbash:

Kelly you're simply guessing. "Green Bay took all defensive players and there must have been an offensive player that was BPA when they picked and therefore they dont use BPA". Thats silly logic.

You should read the ESPN article about the former Green Bay executive that said that Green Bay ALWAYS go by BPA even if it means taking a player at a position that theyre already strong. Their motto is "Trust the board".

Me thinks it is BS as if BPA were true then why doesn't any team wind up drafting 4 or 5 players in a row fromsame exact position that at times, theoretically should be?

You think its plausible that the BPA is the same exact position 7 times in a row? I dont think so. As I said in the post you quoted, multiple NFL executives have said that most teams go by BPA.