RD 4, Pick #105: LB Nigel Bradham - FSU

SDS

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big negative on him was that he showed lack of recognition. Scouts don't want to see a guy biting on everything and relying on hustle to make up for it.

Agreed. I've seen him play undisciplined at times. Not necessarily in a very negative way, just some over pursuit, and over agressiveness (something our D has been lacking for years, so maybe its not all bad)

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he challenged for the starting job. Merriman is going to the DE spot, and we have Barnett in the middle, after that it's only Sheppard, Moats and Morrison. We were thin, and I love that replay of the hit, especially after it shows that he nailed the guy fair and square.

I could b wrong but i think the stache will put Morrison n Barnett on the outside and Shepp will b starting in the middle. Things could change!

Very excited about this pick. I think it may turn out to be our best one.

This guy is 6'2" 241 lbs. Ran a 4.53 at the combine. Benched 24 reps. he is obviously ripped.

Most importantly, he led a good defense in tackles 3 straight years. This year, they were fourth in the country overall, second in run defense, where we are hurting.

In the bowl game against Notre Dame, he had 9 tackles and an interception. Also a big game vs. Oklahoma.Like the others here, I want him to pound those N.E. tight ends!!

Not sure if he will start this year. Hell, even Daryl Talley didn't start as a rookie. But he will definitely play and be a special teams monster. Kirk Morrison, watch out.

Led in tackles 3 straight years. Didnt he start every game ? or was it he played every game without injury ?

Has anyone seen how Carder and Bradham are projected by Buffalo at position?

Shepp is a strong run guy and mans the middle this year. Morrison is lined on the strong side and Barnett plays weakside and maybe moves to middle on pass.

So maybe Bradham is Behind Morrison and Carder behind Sheppard. Sure it will take some practice time and camp to decide, but i wonder how they project today. sorry if thats been covered.

Edited by 3rdand12

Led in tackles 3 straight years. Didnt he start every game ? or was it he played every game without injury ?

Has anyone seen how Carder and Bradham are projected by Buffalo at position?

Shepp is a strong run guy and mans the middle this year. Morrison is lined on the strong side and Barnett plays weakside and maybe moves to middle on pass.

So maybe Bradham is Behind Morrison and Carder behind Sheppard. Sure it will take some practice time and camp to decide, but i wonder how they project today. sorry if thats been covered.

I don't think we'll have a very good idea until training camp. From what I understand, there's not as big a difference between the MLB and OLBs in Wannstedt's D than in most others. After all, we're currently slated to start 3 guys who have been MLBs most of their careers.

That's an interesting point. All these guys are MLB with experience calling the defensive plays. So we have 5 smart, leader types available to be on the field. Fairly impressive that we went from a questionable line backer crew last year in the 3-4 to what from after a good hard look appears to be deeper and stronger. Of course it's early.

About training camp, if it were you where would you start Carder and Bradham with reps? We obviously know where the vets are lined up. Thanks Cash.

That's an interesting point. All these guys are MLB with experience calling the defensive plays. So we have 5 smart, leader types available to be on the field. Fairly impressive that we went from a questionable line backer crew last year in the 3-4 to what from after a good hard look appears to be deeper and stronger. Of course it's early.

About training camp, if it were you where would you start Carder and Bradham with reps? We obviously know where the vets are lined up. Thanks Cash.

Bradham at SLB, Carder at MLB

Sounds reasonable. who might back up Barnett when the twos run would you guess?

Nix has referred to White as an inside linebacker this offseason, so I'm guessing it'll be Chris White to open camp, but I'll also guess that it'll be Carder or Bradham by the end of camp. I also think that if Sheppard gets hurt, Morrison will shift over to MLB on run downs. I don't expect either Sheppard or Morrison on the field on pass downs. Last year our 2 nickel LBs were Barnett and Bryan Scott, and I'd expect that to continue this year barring injury.

I'm interested to see where the coaches put the two rookies once camp opens (minicamp might even tell us something). I don't think they made any definitive statements post-draft about where Bradham or Carder will line up. It's very possible that they want to see both in practice before they make one an MLB and the other an OLB.

Nix has referred to White as an inside linebacker this offseason, so I'm guessing it'll be Chris White to open camp, but I'll also guess that it'll be Carder or Bradham by the end of camp. I also think that if Sheppard gets hurt, Morrison will shift over to MLB on run downs. I don't expect either Sheppard or Morrison on the field on pass downs. Last year our 2 nickel LBs were Barnett and Bryan Scott, and I'd expect that to continue this year barring injury.

I'm interested to see where the coaches put the two rookies once camp opens (minicamp might even tell us something). I don't think they made any definitive statements post-draft about where Bradham or Carder will line up. It's very possible that they want to see both in practice before they make one an MLB and the other an OLB.

I am not sure if it's a good thing. But the rooks might be able to line up anywhere in our 4-3 depending on the oFFensive packages.

Cash , i agree with the assesment of Sheppard and Morrison being the muscle. But as i said with the intelligence quotient so high with all of them we are going to be very good very soon IMHO.

Should be an interesting training camp. Both new LB's known for throwing themselves around and tackling. Hell any improvement is good here. Imagine keeping rushing yards under 200 and TE's flinching right before the ball arrives. I'd like that a lot. Actually it's what I asked for for christmas. Thank you.

Not bad. I've read a lot about him clocking a fast speed in the 40 but he doesn't play as fast off the edge. He's not a pass rusher by any means, and he is maxing out at 240 pounds so taking on Tackles would be tough. But he is fast laterally, so flying to the tackle is a strong suit.

A lot of people saw him as a 3rd round pick, so we got a good value. I also like that he is a senior, so he has experience on his side.

The more I see of what you post, the more I think your screen name's mis-chosen. Seems more like "knowledge" than "dogma".

I don't expect much out of Bradham until next year, when he's had the chance to really learn the playbook.

Agreed. Stillers claim they can't expect much out of a LB for 2-3 yrs. Really like both our LB draftees though.