Evans to Jags

Kevin

Because he was only a 1 trick pony, and the trick was outrun a guy for the long ball...News Flash, tend to get slower after age 30.

But once again, why do we care where he's at, he is not a Bill anymore? I wish him the best, but could care less where he's playing at!

Go Bills!!!

and this is why we want to resign F jackson? guys can be fast at 31, how long did lofton chris carter and jerry rice stay fast? i think they went a bit farther than 31.

I did forget about gabbert, so yes he will probably have s&*^%^y numbers but if he starts all season and has say 5+ tds and say 800 yards...wouldnt this qualify as a comeback? its definitely not being "done"

and this is why we want to resign F jackson? guys can be fast at 31, how long did lofton chris carter and jerry rice stay fast? i think they went a bit farther than 31. dont forget his other trick...not dropping the big catch.

I did forget about gabbert, so yes he will probably have s&*^%^y numbers but if he starts all season and has say 5+ tds and say 800 yards...wouldnt this qualify as a comeback? its definitely not being "done"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is spot on. Anyone thinking Gabbert will put up big numbers anytime soon is delusional. Evans will likely fade even more into NFL obscurity in Jax. Sad end to a career.

Evans can only run one route. All he needs to be successful is a quarterback who can throw the long bomb. Losman was good enough to do that, and how much worse than Losman could Gabbert possibly be? Anything positive you could say about Losman--such as his arm strength--you can also say about Gabbert.

I'm not saying Evans isn't done. Just that if he is done, it's because he can no longer do the things he did back in 2006.

Evans, Pos, and Meathead... with that kind of leadership, the Jags are well on their way. :lol:

Lee Evans, Paul Posluzny and Mike Mularkey are hardly the worst things associated with the Bills over the last 12 years. I for one hope Evans resurrects his career somewhere.

and this is why we want to resign F jackson? guys can be fast at 31, how long did lofton chris carter and jerry rice stay fast? i think they went a bit farther than 31.

None of the guys you named ever depended on their speed to become great players...Lee Evans was never a great player, just an awesome DEEP threat...How many slants has he taken to the house in his career???

Now ask yourself that same question about the receivers you named...And FJ is a running back. Walter Payton (Rest his soul) was never that fast. Emmitt was never that fast. Running backs don't have to be blazers man.

Go Bills!!!

For those eyeing Michael Floyd in the 1st round, the Evans signing might help the Bills. There has been some discussion about the Jags eyeing Floyd with their 1st pick to give Gabbert some help. The Evans signing could swing the Jags pendulum more in the direction of a defensive end with their 1st round pick rather than a wide receiver.

Yikes - because Evans solves their WR problems??

Yikes!!

As said before - Carter and Rice were definitely NOT speed guys.

Freddy is a RB who has relatively few "miles on the tread" since he's started so few NFL games for his age/produciton. No way does anyone worry about signing a 31-year-old RB who's been playing steadily since college. Even a probable hall-of-famer like LT can't find a team right now at age 32.

I'll give you that - but I think even 800 yards is probably far out of reach in this situation. Only way Evans would get that kind of number now would be playing for a Brady/Manning/Manning type.

Reality is more like 600 even if stays healthy and Gabbert does fairly well.

Why are all these people saying Evans is done? He was injured last year, but nowhere does it say he has lost any speed.

He's lost his speed.

^

It says it right here! B-)

He was going to be the Bills #4 WR 2 years ago. That's why they dumped him. He is NOT as fast as he used to be.

Why are all these people saying Evans is done? He was injured last year, but nowhere does it say he has lost any speed.

More than a few outside places said, before last season, that he had lost a step.

Lee Evans, Paul Posluzny and Mike Mularkey are hardly the worst things associated with the Bills over the last 12 years. I for one hope Evans resurrects his career somewhere.

That's like being King Turd of Crap Mountain :P

(But I do like those 3 guys, just sayin...)

I'm always amazed how much people will want to get rid of players and how much they will lament some players leaving.

Evans in 2008 cracked 1,000 yards (barely and something he only did twice in his career) and 3 TDs. He also had two fumbles. He followed that up with 612 yards, but 7TDs. Then yards and TDs decreased...and went down further. He's on the decline, he was on the decline. At his height, he was 'good'.

Outside of the 'myth' of Lee Evans, he was a decent player who did one thing very well and seems like a nice guy. For comparison, Peerless Price had similar numbers to Lee Evans over his career. In fact, his best year was better than Lee's best year. Dozens upon dozens of players have had careers better than Lee. Pierre Garcon's numbers the pas three years and better than Lee Evan's numbers. Santana Moss' numbers blow Lee's away. His last three years were vastly above Lee's. We're making fun or the redskins for signing these guys.

The list goes on and on. The point here is that Lee was, in terms of an NFL Wide Receiver, above average, but not a star.

This is not to bash Lee, but the demi-god hood that gets associated with him here is a bit much. I really dislike you guys making me point this out about a nice guy.

For me, he was great the first few years. I remember if a bomb was thrown, I would hope that it was going to be Evans under it and not Moulds or anybody else, because I knew he'd make the catch (and I think Moulds was the most talented receiver we ever had - it just seemed that Lee got to the ball and made the grab every time by that time).

So, even when his production slipped, I kept thinking that that is going to come back.

True, nothing can ever touch Ralph... but these 3 were far from the solution.

I'm always amazed how much people will want to get rid of players and how much they will lament some players leaving.

Evans in 2008 cracked 1,000 yards (barely and something he only did twice in his career) and 3 TDs. He also had two fumbles. He followed that up with 612 yards, but 7TDs. Then yards and TDs decreased...and went down further. He's on the decline, he was on the decline. At his height, he was 'good'.

Outside of the 'myth' of Lee Evans, he was a decent player who did one thing very well and seems like a nice guy. For comparison, Peerless Price had similar numbers to Lee Evans over his career. In fact, his best year was better than Lee's best year. Dozens upon dozens of players have had careers better than Lee. Pierre Garcon's numbers the pas three years and better than Lee Evan's numbers. Santana Moss' numbers blow Lee's away. His last three years were vastly above Lee's. We're making fun or the redskins for signing these guys.

The list goes on and on. The point here is that Lee was, in terms of an NFL Wide Receiver, above average, but not a star.

This is not to bash Lee, but the demi-god hood that gets associated with him here is a bit much. I really dislike you guys making me point this out about a nice guy.

Great research, great points, great post.