Evans to Jags

Kevin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he was only a 1 trick pony, and the trick was outrun a guy for the long ball...News Flash, tend to get slower after age 30.

But once again, why do we care where he's at, he is not a Bill anymore? I wish him the best, but could care less where he's playing at!

Go Bills!!!

Personally, I'm both a bills AND nfl AND football fan in general.

Actually think this is a good thing. Now that the Jags have signed both Laurent Robinson and Evans, I don't see them thinking receiver with their #7 pick. If the Dolphins do actually want Tannehill and the Panthers go DT like everyone is expecting, that leaves Michael Floyd there for the taking.

Maybe thinking into this a little, but you have to admit it makes some sense.

Actually think this is a good thing. Now that the Jags have signed both Laurent Robinson and Evans, I don't see them thinking receiver with their #7 pick. If the Dolphins do actually want Tannehill and the Panthers go DT like everyone is expecting, that leaves Michael Floyd there for the taking.

Maybe thinking into this a little, but you have to admit it makes some sense.

I think a lot of times people over rate the effect of "why not give it a shot" type signings on top ten draft strategy. Even best case you don't pass a young guy up because of Evans.

For those eyeing Michael Floyd in the 1st round, the Evans signing might help the Bills. There has been some discussion about the Jags eyeing Floyd with their 1st pick to give Gabbert some help. The Evans signing could swing the Jags pendulum more in the direction of a defensive end with their 1st round pick rather than a wide receiver.

Yeah because Evans solves the Jags WR problems.

:w00t:

Edited by billsoverdue

Yeah because Evans solves the Jags WR problems.

:w00t:

When you buy a new toy, even if it's a used toy, it looks shiny when you first get it. And I also think that the jags getting Evans increases the chance that Floyd will be there for us at 10. Doesn't mean Buddy won't take Cordy Glenn, though ;)

For everyone that complains the Bills have been a "farm team" to the rest of the NFL... the other teams better be careful. Not only are we building a good team now, we're sabotaging the rest of the league as well. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was as POd as anybody when the trade happened. Love Lee.....But, it turns out I was wrong and Buddy was right. I love when that happens..........It never happened when I was growing up. I'd always be right and the Bills would be wrong. But, then when Polian was here, I'd be like What how can you cut Leon Seals, and all types of guys, and they'd be right every time.

In the past 15 years, it swung the other way, but now seems to be going back. Thank God!

From a Jags beat writer:

I wouldn't necessarily assume this move means the Jaguars will not draft a receiver. Evans' age (31) means an explosive rookie would absolutely have a place on this roster.

For those eyeing Michael Floyd in the 1st round, the Evans signing might help the Bills. There has been some discussion about the Jags eyeing Floyd with their 1st pick to give Gabbert some help. The Evans signing could swing the Jags pendulum more in the direction of a defensive end with their 1st round pick rather than a wide receiver.

Highly doubt it. Lee Evans was signed to a 1 year deal. That's not much of a commitment and if they see Floyd being their guy, they'll draft him regardless of Evans.

I would base my agreement with that belief on his pretty meteoric decline in production over the last 5 years as well as the fact that two organizations have given up on the guy.

I know there's a continued disconnect on his age and the idea that he could be washed up but "your mileage may vary…" in fact your mileage does vary.

For comparison, Peerless Price (a similar style/size of receiver) had a similar career decline and was done by the age of 31.

Maybe Evans has more left in the tank but I personally don't believe so… unless he's so disgusted by his own recent performance and that vindication is a very strong fuel for him.

Lee Evans lost me as a fan years ago. Still, IF you're right about his motivation, I say GOOD for him. I love a good redemption story. -I don't actually think it'll happen, but deep down inside, I'll be hoping Lee can set the record straight.

Evans has always been the most overrated WR in Bills history. Most people here said that Evans was our number 1 and Stevie was our number 2 and Stevie would struggle once Evans was gone. Actually Stevie has played BETTER.

If you count less catches for less yards and less TDs better, not to mention that now we are looking for a speed receiver to play opposite him.

For everyone that complains the Bills have been a "farm team" to the rest of the NFL... the other teams better be careful. Not only are we building a good team now, we're sabotaging the rest of the league as well. :thumbsup:

That was funny as it is turning out to be very true. If things keep going this way regarding players not retained by Nix et al, the league will cut to the chase and immediately give up on any guy let go by the Bills.

I think he could have one more decent season left. 40 receptions 500 yards 3-4 TD's if I had to peg what something in the tank left means. But that is honestly a best case scenario. Nice gamble by the Jags to get a guy on the cheap and maybe squeeze some production out of the guy.

I wish Lee nothing but the best, the guy was a class act how any Bills fan could rag on the guy doesn't make much sense to me. He did his best, stayed with the team, and honestly tried to be a piece the team could build with.