Evans to Jags

Kevin

I'm thinking the last drop that he had really decreased his value...Stevie woulda caught that one, he goes after the ball better than evans ever did...

Yeah because Stevie catches ALL the game winning touchdowns,right? Unlike Evans? Jets game? Steeler game? Huh? Right? How are you, uh, how are you coming along on that novel you're working on? Hmmm? Gotta big stack of papers there?

Edited by benderbender

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 15 April 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

I would base my feeling that he's declining on his pretty meteoric decline in production over the last 5 years as well as the fact that two organizations have given up on the guy.

I know there's a continued disconnect on his age and the idea that he could be washed up but "your mileage may vary…" in fact your mileage does vary.

For comparison, Peerless Price (a similar style/size of receiver) had a similar career decline and was done by the age of 31.

Maybe Evans has more left in the tank but I personally don't believe so… unless he's so disgusted by his own recent performance and that vindication is a very strong fuel for him.]

A better question would be why one would think he's not in decline when in fact all evidence points to his best years being behind him.

You talking to yourself again, SJBF ? :)

One word- Trentedwards

I've removed your tirade on TO and Spiller. I didn't think TO was good and have not bashed Spiller. These seem like ancillary arguments to back up your unrelated point about Trent being why Evans didn't have a stellar career.

Evans best year was with Losman. His 2nd and 3rd best years? Edwards. So out of his eight years in the league, Trent Edwards was his QB for three of them. And it wasn't even three full seasons because, as well know, he was injury prone and Fitzpatrick was the QB for a good portion of one of those seasons.

Edited by jeremy2020

I'm thinking the last drop that he had really decreased his value...Stevie woulda caught that one, he goes after the ball better than evans ever did...

Stevie dropped a game winner against the Steelers too. Hmm