If Fitz doesn't improve

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez BB, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Fitz to turn into one of the most accurate QB's I've ever watched in Drew Brees. Fitz is more like Brett Favre, a gunslinger, a try and make a play outta nothing, a tough as nails QB.

Its not Fitz who needs to improve, its the rest of the entire offense around him that needs to get better....that's pretty much EVERYONE around him!!

Fitz's go to WR is a 7th round pick that became a star only because Stevie Johnson turned into Fitz's go to guy. His best TE option is a cast off TE nobody else wanted, up until last year it was 4 years in the league and 4 different teams. Fitz needs someone other then QB-RB-WR Brad Smith at that #2 WR position.

The O line is piecemeal of 2-3 guys that were waiver wire cast off scrubs from other teams, Wood & Bell can't stay healthy and stay on the field. Currently the Bills have one top linemen that is dependable and his play suffers because of the lack of talent around him. Wood could be a pro bowler if he ever can finish a season on the roster and not on IR. IDC what anyone says, this line needs some serious upgrades in order to protect Fitz properly, and allow him to finally have time to throw those 5-7 step drops on a regular basis. The time in the pocket like Drew Brees has, like Tom Brady has, like so many other top QB's have. Even getting the ball out in under 2 seconds didn't stop Fitz from getting hit so often.

Then there is the play calling, Gailey called plays last season just about as bad as Turk Schonert and BVP did in years past. Its like all he knew was shotgun passing plays over and over. Even with Fitz hurting with a rib injury, instead of a ground and pound attack it was continually pass pass pass. Gailey did the same crap in KC with Thigpin, that KC offense moved the ball around and gained a bunch of passing yards and yet only won 2 games. Gailey needs to stop forcing Fitz to win games and start utilizing the RB he selected with a first round pick in 2010. A one-two punch of Spiller- Jackson could be an unbeatable combo.

We know Fitz is good enough and can do the job, look at the games in 2010 against the Ravens- Bengals- Steelers, 2011 against the Patriots and NY Giants. Its a team game and Fitz needs a better offense around him.

youtube.com/watch?v=nGJWBWcFD_4

Watch the video, tell me. How many steps does Fitz take? How long does it take Fitz to take those steps? How many yards does Fitz throw the ball.... let me answer. 7 steps in 3 seconds Fitz threw a 50 yard pass, perfectly thrown right over the outside shoulder where the defender can't get to it. Fitz is good enough.

P.S. should the Bills draft talleywhacker you would finally see what I already know, that line is not near good enough.

Now, who are you going to believe - your lying eyes or BB?

What makes you think that Luck in buffalo would be better than Fitz anyway? Becuase he is "rated high" coming out of college. So was Ryan Leaf. Its about getting the right fit. Not a huge name.

:huh:

Have you ever seen Luck play? He's high rated for a reason...You know that right? A completion % over 70% for 2 College Seasons Andrew Luck...A Kid with similar athletic ability to Cam Newton...that Andrew Luck...One of the most cerebral QB's to come out of College since Peyton Manning...And comparing Luck to Ryan Leaf in any way...are you kidding me? Yes, Buffalo would be better off with Luck...Maybe not as a Rookie, thoguh I think he could step in and be as good as Fitz pretty quick...But after his rookie year, there is going to be no comparison between Luck and Fitz...Luck is destined to be a star in the NFL...He really is a once in a decade type of prospect... B-)

But, yeah, let's all crap on the one guy who finally has made the Bills respectable since 2003. I'm right on board. :wallbash:

6-10 is respectable now? Low expectations.

I do see what you are trying to say. But recognizing Fitz's limitations isn't exactly crapping on him or trying to run him out of town.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It's a lot easier to get one player to improve the team versus improving everyone else around Fitz. One pass doesn't make up foe all the knuckle balls he throws cuz his arm isn't strong enough.

No it isn't, finding that one franchise guy can be incredibly difficult.

No offense, but I find it difficult to believe that you think by putting a rookie QB behind center on this current Bills team that he going to improve this team all by himself.

If you build an offense not dependent on one player then the offense can keep going even if that one player gets injured! Case in point, the 2008 NE Patriots lose Tom Brady for the season in week one, and still go 11-5. Matt Cassel didn't start a game his entire college career, not one freaking game at USC.

Wanna see Cassels college stats stats ... http://www.sports-re...t-cassel-1.html

Now look what happened to the Colts when they lost Peyton Manning last season. Which team would you rather build?

C'mon man, look at the roster! How many top draft picks or top free agents have the Bills spent on the offense in the Gailey Nix 3 years? Scrubs off the waiver wire for the line....scrubs off the waiver wire for the WR position...scrubs off the waiver wire for the TE position. Gailey drafts a RB in 2010, and doesn't even start him or utilize him very much until an injury to the starter where he is forced to utilize him. To me, Fitz is a very special guy as not many QB's in this league could even survive a game in Gaileys pass happy offense... with the crappy WR corps... crappy line.... much less a season. Even the Bills owner stated we need to get him some WR's, some runners, some TE's that can stay healthy and he will be ok.

Watch the vid below, count how many seconds it takes Fitz on every play to take the snap, drop back, find the open receiver and throw him the ball. It generally takes 2 seconds or less. There is a reason this FO gave Fitz the money as they are smart enough to see what he can do....even if you can't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ontS5NnoC0o&feature=related

P.S. Andrew Luck played on a Stanford team with a bunch of other good players, he had a solid O line with DeCastro and Martin both 1st round prospects, good WR corps, good RB's. A TE that is graded as a 2nd round pick. Not to mention that HC Jim Harbaugh built a top college football team, good scheme, good coaching. Luck is not going to find that much talent on this years Colts team. He will be going on to a team with a brand new HC in Ravens ex DC Chuck Pagano, and Bruce Arians as OC, who was just fired as the Steelers OC. an entirely new coaching staff. The Colts best O linemen in C Jeff Saturday just signed with the Packers.JMO but I suspect Luck will fall on his face HARD his first year!

No it isn't, finding that one franchise guy can be incredibly difficult.

No offense, but I find it difficult to believe that you think by putting a rookie QB behind center on this current Bills team that he going to improve this team all by himself.

If you build an offense not dependent on one player then the offense can keep going even if that one player gets injured! Case in point, the 2008 NE Patriots lose Tom Brady for the season in week one, and still go 11-5. Matt Cassel didn't start a game his entire college career, not one freaking game at USC.

Wanna see Cassels college stats stats ... http://www.sports-re...t-cassel-1.html

Now look what happened to the Colts when they lost Peyton Manning last season. Which team would you rather build?

C'mon man, look at the roster! How many top draft picks or top free agents have the Bills spent on the offense in the Gailey Nix 3 years? Scrubs off the waiver wire for the line....scrubs off the waiver wire for the WR position...scrubs off the waiver wire for the TE position. Gailey drafts a RB in 2010, and doesn't even start him or utilize him very much until an injury to the starter where he is forced to utilize him. To me, Fitz is a very special guy as not many QB's in this league could even survive a game in Gaileys pass happy offense... with the crappy WR corps... crappy line.... much less a season. Even the Bills owner stated we need to get him some WR's, some runners, some TE's that can stay healthy and he will be ok.

Watch the vid below, count how many seconds it takes Fitz on every play to take the snap, drop back, find the open receiver and throw him the ball. It generally takes 2 seconds or less. There is a reason this FO gave Fitz the money as they are smart enough to see what he can do....even if you can't

youtube.com/watch?v=ontS5NnoC0o&feature=related

P.S. Andrew Luck played on a Stanford team with a bunch of other good players, he had a solid O line with DeCastro and Martin both 1st round prospects, good WR corps, good RB's. A TE that is graded as a 2nd round pick. Not to mention that HC Jim Harbaugh built a top college football team, good scheme, good coaching. Luck is not going to find that much talent on this years Colts team. He will be going on to a team with a brand new HC in Ravens ex DC Chuck Pagano, and Bruce Arians as OC, who was just fired as the Steelers OC. an entirely new coaching staff. The Colts best O linemen in C Jeff Saturday just signed with the Packers.JMO but I suspect Luck will fall on his face HARD his first year!

No where did I ever say I want a rookie to start over Fitz. I've said in many different posts and threads that I want a rookie to sit behind Fitz at least a year if not more. If we draft Tannehill, Cousins, Coleman or whoever they need to be groomed behind Fitz who the Bills know he isn't the final solution due to his year to year contract status.

Russell Wilson in rd4.....although I do kinda like Cousins a lot, just not enuff to grab him in rd2. Yeah Wilson.

I agree. If nothing else, he turns into a solid #2. But I think this kid has the tools to get it done. He played in a run first offense in Wisconsin and still did very very well. Now, if Gailey will use the running game to open up the passing game like Chryst did @ Wisconsin that would benefit both Fitz and Wilson. Not saying we need to run Fitz out of town at all, but taking Wilson would be a good catch in the 4th round. We need players that can play if Fitz gets injured.

Edited by RyanC883