Update: 3 winners in Mega Millions so far

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't play...but I wrote down the number I would play if I did.

Just so, if those numbers did hit, I'd feel like the world's biggest ass for not playing.

Did you have the winning numbers? Because if so I think we could all take turns calling you an idiot.

A college roommate of mine lived in Wisconsin and knew a guy who would play the Wisconsin and Illinois lotteries every week, using the same numbers. One week he played it in only one state and the numbers came in in the other one. He killed himself. Pretty sad.

A college roommate of mine lived in Wisconsin and knew a guy who would play the Wisconsin and Illinois lotteries every week, using the same numbers. One week he played it in only one state and the numbers came in in the other one. He killed himself. Pretty sad.

That's my fear. I play regularly (and yes, I'm hundreds in the hole) and there was one week I forgot to get a new ticket until it was after the cut off point for sales that day. I tossed and turned all night, expecting that when I opened the paper the next morning there would be the numbers I usually play.

That's my fear. I play regularly (and yes, I'm hundreds in the hole) and there was one week I forgot to get a new ticket until it was after the cut off point for sales that day. I tossed and turned all night, expecting that when I opened the paper the next morning there would be the numbers I usually play.

I think you can do "advanced action" or something like that, which allows you to buy tickets for future drawings.

I would not know what to do first.If you had the ticket would you share it with family and a few close friends?

Of course. I would be handing out $100,000 to my closest friends and probably $500,000 for my closest family members. That or I would just buy them nice things every year for xmas and bday.

I think you can do "advanced action" or something like that, which allows you to buy tickets for future drawings.

That's what I do, the Power Ball and Mega Millions slip you can check off that it is for up to 26 drawings (13 weeks). So while everyone was lined up these past few days waiting to get their ticket, I've had mine the past couple of weeks. Since that one incident, I've set up a reminder on my calendar when I need to buy a new ticket.

I would not know what to do first.If you had the ticket would you share it with family and a few close friends?

My siblings would all have their homes paid off, and I'd also find out what is the max cash gift I can give them without them needing to pay taxes.

My siblings would all have their homes paid off, and I'd also find out what is the max cash gift I can give them without them needing to pay taxes.

Dude, I completely understand your fear with your usual numbers. I have a set of numbers I always play (when I actually play) and when I dont, Im always afraid of seeing them as the winners. :o:cry::sick:

I think the max annual non-taxed gift is $11k. Depending on how much you won, it might be better to start a "business" and put them on the payroll. They'd still be paying taxes, but I believe it would be less than if you just gave them $100k in cash. But maybe Chef Jim can provide better "advisement"... ;)

Edited by DrDareustein

I think the max annual non-taxed gift is $11k. Depending on how much you won, it might be better to start a "business" and put them on the payroll. They'd still be paying taxes, but I believe it would be less than if you just gave them $100k in cash. But maybe Chef Jim can provide better "advisement"... ;)

I thought I had heard it was about $10K. But I still need to win before I even worry about that issue. So not todays worry.

Trouble in Maryland....

Md. woman won't share $105M lotto jackpot with McD's co-workers

Workers at the fast-food joint who pooled their cash for tickets are furious at a colleague who claims she won with a ticket she bought for herself and has no intention of sharing. “We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The ‘winning’ ticket] wasn’t on the group plan,” McDonald’s “winner’’ Mirlande Wilson 37, told The Post yesterday, insisting she alone bought one of the three tickets nationwide that will split a record $656 million payout.

If Wilson won, and if it was with a pooled work ticket, the situation would be shockingly similar to that of New Jersey lottery louse Americo Lopes, who tried to screw five former colleagues after hitting a $24 million jackpot before a jury ordered him to spread the wealth.

Trouble in Maryland....

Workers at the fast-food joint who pooled their cash for tickets are furious at a colleague who claims she won with a ticket she bought for herself and has no intention of sharing. "We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The 'winning' ticket] wasn't on the group plan," McDonald's "winner'' Mirlande Wilson 37, told The Post yesterday, insisting she alone bought one of the three tickets nationwide that will split a record $656 million payout.

If Wilson won, and if it was with a pooled work ticket, the situation would be shockingly similar to that of New Jersey lottery louse Americo Lopes, who tried to screw five former colleagues after hitting a $24 million jackpot before a jury ordered him to spread the wealth.

Awesome. The lawyers deserve it more than these greedy people anyway.

Trouble in Maryland....

Workers at the fast-food joint who pooled their cash for tickets are furious at a colleague who claims she won with a ticket she bought for herself and has no intention of sharing. “We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The ‘winning’ ticket] wasn’t on the group plan,” McDonald’s “winner’’ Mirlande Wilson 37, told The Post yesterday, insisting she alone bought one of the three tickets nationwide that will split a record $656 million payout.

I think that this woman is just looking for her 15 minutes. The surveillance camera at the Baltimore 7-eleven alledgedly recorded a man purchasing the single winning ticket. As of this morning, this crazy McDonalds lady is now saying she's not sure if she won but some of the number sound familiar, lol.. Anyone that really won is probably not running their mouth like that.

single mother of 7...yikes....

I think that this woman is just looking for her 15 minutes. The surveillance camera at the Baltimore 7-eleven alledgedly recorded a man purchasing the single winning ticket. As of this morning, this crazy McDonalds lady is now saying she's not sure if she won but some of the number sound familiar, lol.. Anyone that really won is probably not running their mouth like that.