Update: 3 winners in Mega Millions so far

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i ever won this kind of scratch, i think i'd just cry for a week or more....

then like the rest of you said, set up trusts for my kids and my nieces and nephews, then take care of my parents and sisters with their houses and or bills...then there are a group of 5 friends that would be taken care of on the same level as my sisters.

then i'd build my brewery/cheesery/sausagery/bakery and have fun the rest of my days....

I'd probably also give everyone here a dollar, unless they'd said something unflattering to me over the years....

if i ever won this kind of scratch, i think i'd just cry for a week or more....

then like the rest of you said, set up trusts for my kids and my nieces and nephews, then take care of my parents and sisters with their houses and or bills...then there are a group of 5 friends that would be taken care of on the same level as my sisters.

then i'd build my brewery/cheesery/sausagery/bakery and have fun the rest of my days....

I'd probably also give everyone here a dollar, unless they'd said something unflattering to me over the years....

Here's the difference between you and me. I would never start a business if I had that kind of money. I don't care about the fact that you don't need to make money with it you're just having fun you still have to deal with the day to day operations of the place. Even if you have all sorts of people running it, it's still yours and your responsibility. Especially a heavily regulated business like food and beverage.

Here's what I'd do. I'd give you enough money to open your brewery/cheesery (creamery)/sausagery (LOL)/bakery and visit you every !@#$ing day. :D

Do I look like a Dom Perignon kind of guy??

It's not about what you like. It's the image. "Hey mother !@#$ers, look at me. I'm so !@#$ing rich I spill more Dom (Krug for me) in a day than you drink in a year.....hic."

yeah i hear you...anyone in the food business will tell anyone not in it that the business end of it absolutely sucks...perhaps it would be better to do all that stuff and just sort of use it to go 'off the grid' and i can set up a little stand outside of my house to peddle some of the wares....

Here's the difference between you and me. I would never start a business if I had that kind of money. I don't care about the fact that you don't need to make money with it you're just having fun you still have to deal with the day to day operations of the place. Even if you have all sorts of people running it, it's still yours and your responsibility. Especially a heavily regulated business like food and beverage.

Here's what I'd do. I'd give you enough money to open your brewery/cheesery (creamery)/sausagery (LOL)/bakery and visit you every !@#$ing day. :D

yeah i hear you...anyone in the food business will tell anyone not in it that the business end of it absolutely sucks...perhaps it would be better to do all that stuff and just sort of use it to go 'off the grid' and i can set up a little stand outside of my house to peddle some of the wares....

Unfortunately there is really no getting off the grid with food. You can but you run the risk of getting "busted". There was an underground market here in SF when we first moved. They'd move around the city and you had to be in the know to find them. Well they no longer do them because they had to start being Safe Serve certified and pay sales tax. Took the fun out of it. There are others that are still around but they're legal. We're actually going to this one this weekend.

I've taken to making cheese and curing sausage and meats at home for home consumption. I'd make sure the house I bought with my mega millions had a super kitchen. I'd make my cheese and sausage in larger batches and have regular gatherings with my friends. I'd experiment with making beer and wine and I'd love to have a little smokehouse but never to the point of having to deal with government regulations.

What I'd really do with that kind of money is travel the world and eat at the best restaurants the world has to offer. And that includes little dive BBQ joints in the deep south. Damn, I need to buy a ticket.

Unfortunately there is really no getting off the grid with food. You can but you run the risk of getting "busted". There was an underground market here in SF when we first moved. They'd move around the city and you had to be in the know to find them. Well they no longer do them because they had to start being Safe Serve certified and pay sales tax. Took the fun out of it. There are others that are still around but they're legal. We're actually going to this one this weekend.

I've taken to making cheese and curing sausage and meats at home for home consumption. I'd make sure the house I bought with my mega millions had a super kitchen. I'd make my cheese and sausage in larger batches and have regular gatherings with my friends. I'd experiment with making beer and wine and I'd love to have a little smokehouse but never to the point of having to deal with government regulations.

What I'd really do with that kind of money is travel the world and eat at the best restaurants the world has to offer. And that includes little dive BBQ joints in the deep south. Damn, I need to buy a ticket.

!@#$ Mega Millions. I'm going to win the lottery by suing Chef for $50m after getting brucellosis from his cheese.