TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Are you really so dense? The Dolphins' loss means that they are one step closer to having the #1 pick in the draft. Regardless of what you think of Tebow, Bills fans should have been hoping for a Miami win today. The Dolphins have a very good chance to go 1-15 or 0-16 at this point.

Quite simply, I am hoping the Dolphins take one from the Jets as the Jets are capable of playing well or terrible on any given Sunday. Also, the Dolphins organization could easily screw up and fail to build a good team around Luck even if they get him. Finally, I think the Colts appear to be worse.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK what to tell you man, other than you must have a selective filter. The Palmer trade was the most talked about thing in the league last week and plenty of people ripped Oakland for it, me included. I'm not going to say "I told you so" for the same reason I wouldn't be saying "I was wrong" if he had played well. It was one half of football, which doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things. I don't know if proponents of the trade would be as vocal as Tebow Nation if Oakland had won in the exact fashion that Denver did; I tend to doubt it though. Also, this:

And i could as easily respond, that people are defending Tebow because people are CONTINUOUSLY STATING THEIR OPINIONS AS FACT AND DECLARING HIM A BUST BEFORE HE EVEN HAS 6-10 STARTS! wow, i can use caps too! By the way, capitalizing words doesn't make the point more correct or valid.

In Bills parlance, i hope he gets even half the chances that Trent Edwards, JP, or Rob Johnson got.

And quoting Ramius is pointless because as a Seminole, his hatred of Tebow goes back to when his Noles got steam-rolled by Tebow year after year after year.......

Years with Tebow as the starter:

2007 Florida 45 Florida State 12

2008 Florida 45 Florida State 15

2009 Florida 37 Florida State 10

You want to know why there's no one blasting or over analyzing Palmer or Whitehurst?

Because i don't see a thread labeled WHITEHURST!!! or PALMER!!! irrationally extolling all of their supposed football virtues despite mounds of evidence to the contrary.

what inspired me was when tebow WILLED the strip/sack of Matt Moore. I daresay that if tebow wasn't on the sidelines, the rusher probably gets pancaked by the OL across from him.

Ramius, my good man - why dost thou persist with such hatred?

Has HE not punished you enough already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngH2qwUn-ro

:nana:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/33102/the-myth-and-legend-of-tim-tebow

Here's a good read.

Ramius, my good man - why dost thou persist with such hatred?

Has HE not punished you enough already?

:nana:

I don't hate tim tebow the person. That's childish. I DO actively root against him as a football player, which is a product of him being a gator (30%), and the ridiculous, undeserved hype that surrounds him (70%). Note: i dont root against all gators in the NFL. I love David Nelson, and i like Percy Harvin, even though i couldn't stand him in college because he always torched us. Thats why i specified most of my dislike for him comes due to his hype.

I don't get the hype. He was an amazing COLLEGE player, but he's done nothing to convince me he'll have any kind of sustained success at the NFL level. I understand why there's so much hype surrounding Luck. But not tebow. And the mere fact that denver's backup QB has generated a 17 page thread on a Bills message board is pathetic.

Maybe you can explain the 13-year-old girl-like devotion some posters have to him?

Edited by Ramius

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/33102/the-myth-and-legend-of-tim-tebow

Here's a good read.

I don't hate tim tebow the person. That's childish. I DO actively root against him as a football player, which is a product of him being a gator (30%), and the ridiculous, undeserved hype that surrounds him (70%). Note: i dont root against all gators in the NFL. I love David Nelson, and i like Percy Harvin, even though i couldn't stand him in college because he always torched us. Thats why i specified most of my dislike for him comes due to his hype.

I don't get the hype. He was an amazing COLLEGE player, but he's done nothing to convince me he'll have any kind of sustained success at the NFL level. I understand why there's so much hype surrounding Luck. But not tebow. And the mere fact that denver's backup QB has generated a 17 page thread on a Bills message board is pathetic.

Maybe you can explain the 13-year-old girl-like devotion some posters have to him?

I keep hearing from the "haters" about "irrational extolling", "ridiculous hype" and "13 year old girl like devotion"...

Please point out the over the top posts in this thread from his supporters that are just sooo absurd.

I'll wait.

And if you dont want 17 page threads about him, stop posting in it. Youve got about an entire page's worth in here...

EDIT: Im already 4 pages into this thread and there is WAY more immature, ridiculous "opinion as fact" posting from the detractors than from the supporters. So please PLEASE point out the ridiculous posts from the supporters.

EDIT 2: Scanning through 6 pages now. So far no one has said he'll be a Super Bowl MVP, or an All-Pro, or even have a long and illustrious career. Looks to be a group of people that are hoping the kid succeeds and glad he's getting a chance, and others who, for some small-minded reason, are hoping he fails just so they can rub it in and make themselves feel better.

Edited by DrDareustein

or an O-line to protect him, a system for him and a defense that is respectable. Trust me Chan would make Tim look like Rock Star, they need to quit pounding a square peg into a round hole.

... and the excuses start ...

Doug Flutie v 2.0

... and the excuses start ...

Doug Flutie v 2.0

Truer words were never spoken. You all remember what Belichick's Jets D did to Flutie in '98, right? I think the final was 34-12.

I would say to wait until week 15 when Belichick gets his shot at Tebow, but someone will figure him out before then.

Tebow is a witch and we need to burn him at the stake.

He was absolutely horrible until the final 3 minutes. I watched the entire game, because if not Buffalo, then anyone who plays Miami works for me. I felt kind of bad for the guy, because it was just a miserable game all around. However, he did some weird voo doo or something, and tied the score at 15 a piece. 15?? Hmmm THEN in OT, the kicker, who already missed two easier, and closer FGs nails the 53 yarder??

Burn him before he kills us all!!!

I keep hearing from the "haters" about "irrational extolling", "ridiculous hype" and "13 year old girl like devotion"...

Please point out the over the top posts in this thread from his supporters that are just sooo absurd.

I'll wait.

And if you dont want 17 page threads about him, stop posting in it. Youve got about an entire page's worth in here...

EDIT: Im already 4 pages into this thread and there is WAY more immature, ridiculous "opinion as fact" posting from the detractors than from the supporters. So please PLEASE point out the ridiculous posts from the supporters.

EDIT 2: Scanning through 6 pages now. So far no one has said he'll be a Super Bowl MVP, or an All-Pro, or even have a long and illustrious career. Looks to be a group of people that are hoping the kid succeeds and glad he's getting a chance, and others who, for some small-minded reason, are hoping he fails just so they can rub it in and make themselves feel better.

Sorry Dr. Try reading anything and everything by SouthGABillsFan

Even you said:

"If anyone DOES watch his college career, there is no way they come to the conclusion that he won't succeed in the NFL."

How is this supposed to be interpreted?

That's a pretty definitive statement. There's nothing in there that says "Give him a chance, and we'll see".

That comes across like your mind is already made up.

You want to know why there's no one blasting or over analyzing Palmer or Whitehurst?

Because i don't see a thread labeled WHITEHURST!!! or PALMER!!! irrationally extolling all of their supposed football virtues despite mounds of evidence to the contrary.

what inspired me was when tebow WILLED the strip/sack of Matt Moore. I daresay that if tebow wasn't on the sidelines, the rusher probably gets pancaked by the OL across from him.

What "evidence" are you referring to? All I've seen is pure speculation. The available evidence, being Tim Tebow's 13 games including 4 games started really hasn't been bad at all, especially considering he is 4 starts into his career. Care to post some of that alleged evidence please? And remember - speculation is NOT evidence.

It's beyond me how anyone could possibly hate Tebow. I'm rooting for him every game except when the Bills play him.

It is an indictment of the state of our society.

Right. Refusing to believe Tebow looks like a competent NFL QB is a symptom of our morally bankrupt society. Is that what you're suggesting? Exaggerate much?

A statement like that is EXACTLY why no one is taking you seriously SouthGeorgia. You're a parody.

http://espn.go.com/b...nd-of-tim-tebow

Here's a good read.

"Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of Tebow like a little child will never enter it." 0:)

Seriously, Ramius, your dripping-with-contempt' derision of Tebow devotees' devotion as "girl-like" does seem to belie much of which precedes it - especially your adamant denials of your obvious disdain for the man - but at least you are 100% honest that the cause of your apoplexy lies in FSU getting their ass kicked by Tebow.

I have a feeling Seminoles will be hating TT for years to come, and spitting nails as His legend grows. B-)

What "evidence" are you referring to? All I've seen is pure speculation. The available evidence, being Tim Tebow's 13 games including 4 games started really hasn't been bad at all, especially considering he is 4 starts into his career. Care to post some of that alleged evidence please? And remember - speculation is NOT evidence.

It is an indictment of the state of our society.

He pushes religion, and so many of his supporters are right-wing freaks. Maybe even you?