Demetrius Bell - Now an Eagle

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisBrownBillsHard not to notice that FA Bills that've battled injuries not back w/club this year. (Bell, Parrish, Torbor). NFL all about availability.

He makes a good point. Bell had potential but couldn't finish a season. Time to move on folks. Here's to a durable LT. :beer:

Meh...

No biggie...dude wasn't that good, otherwise Buddy would have tried to keep him.

Or he would have gotten a offer from one of the other 4 teams he visited that sent him away saying, "No thanks, not interested."

I'm happy for him - he got real lucky when the Eagles found themselves in a desperate situation, otherwise he'd be fighting some rookie to back up Hairston on the Bills OL.

(Just hope he saves some of that signing bonus - 'cause hell be dropped like a hot potato when FatBoy comes off f IR.)

MMy love is for the uniform not the player so F Bell... Only a handfull of players don't receive a F from me because it would be that our front office didn't want them at all and didn't offer them anything to stay like Roscoe and Fletcher... Even Greer and Leonard can be in that group...

Even if we find a long term LT, if Bell succeeds then the Bills failed... We basically got him ready for someone else... With no draft picks to show for it... I mean the guy is worth at least a 5th round pick even with all the injuries... We could have tagged him THEN traded him...

i don't like the tagging thing. ... Bell was too injury prone in my opinion to go that far. Bills made him an offer. he looked around and found a better deal. losing him, in the big picture, is not a considerable loss given the state of his body this past season. ... to me, he never measured out to be Jason Peters. and the Bills got him with a seventh-round pick. ... i don't know.

here's a better question, why do you reserve your letter solely to Bell and not also include the team?

jw

I still say "F" Bell and with that I move on...

well, that's an utter copout. when holes are poked in your argument, you revert to this comment. that's silly.

jw

and yet, it could work out for both, too, no?

can't Bell have success with the Eagles, and the Bills find a left tackle who can start on a long-term basis? stuff happens, don't know why anyone has to make it personal.

jw

Why would a Bills fan wish success to the Eagles? He wished Bell health, and Bell will make money, so can't we begrudge Bell the other vagaries for pride's sake, since he snubbed us?

Edited by Franz Kafka

Eagles sure now how to pick em.

Drives me nuts every time I hear some pundit say Peters is the best LT in the league, he's injured now but we should have kept him.

He's talented but way overrated to me. I loved how he wanted us to pay him like the best tackle in the league, even though he was not, is not, and never will be.

Yeah, that's kind of weird. Both Peters and Bell were really unpolished coming out of college. We taught them both how to be NFL tackles and they both cashed in with the Eagles.

Because the Eagles realize the true value of a competent LT, and are willing got pay to get it. Not sure the Bills get that yet?

Yes. They do.

Thats your opinion, isnt it?

And i mean it honestly. You got a Micheal Vick that took a beating last year, and probably will again this year. If he goes down who do they have to back him up?

I am being very serious. And Vicks style of play lends him to getting hit more often then most QB's.

I get that on paper they look great, but i wouldn't bet on them. They play in the same division as the Giants. The Cowboys are solid but not great. A lot of teams in the NFC got better. Packers will be hungry, Detroit is a team on the rise, Chicago is still a tough out, The Saints and Falcons are very solid teams. Carolina and Tampa Bay will be improved.

San Fran should win the west. Not much else out there, i will give you that.

You could be right, but to say it is a done deal for the Eagles is a stretch.

so the pressure is on. now we need at least.. one more tackle. and one able to step in asap at left side just in case.

i hate this draft unless we steal Kalil somehow. Cordy glenn would make me feel a little better maybe.

any hope for FA after Draft grabbing a decent backup?

Wish Bell the best, but I'm certainly glad the BILLS have turned the page on Bell...no matter what the reason, I just believe the BILLS need to make an alternative plan moving forward for their LT position. Hope he does well (except when he plays the BILLS) but I am also very happy to see the BILLS addressing their LT needs through another young player THIS FO believes can solve their blindside quandry for years to come....hopefully!!

Because the Eagles realize the true value of a competent LT, and are willing got pay to get it. Not sure the Bills get that yet?

Don't forget that the Eagles didn't get Peters for free. We got a 1st that turned into Wood and two other picks, so I would say that we didn't loose the thing there. Now to pay bell the 7 mill that the eagles did would mean we wouldn't be able to add the second pass rusher or re-up Jackson. Thats a no brainer, Bell didnt look much/any better than Hairston. Now consider that Bell was a 4 year veteran and Hairston was a rookie with out a full off-season due to the lockout. To OVERPAY an unproven guy makes no cents at all regardless of the position they play.

Who cares. It's not like they've made the super bowl with our players/LT's. That's the ultimate goal isn't it? I'd rather them take and pay our LT's that aren't really even that good than to see us pay those bums that kind of money they greedily want anyway. Peters was a head case and wanted to be traded and Bell has injuries. I don't blame the Bills for not having those guys. Happy we don't. We need a stand up guy that are not only better players but very high character guys as well.

and yet, it could work out for both, too, no?

can't Bell have success with the Eagles, and the Bills find a left tackle who can start on a long-term basis? stuff happens, don't know why anyone has to make it personal.

jw

JW - agree; all too often there are those on this board that make their opinions of football or life in general all too personal toward a person. I know there are certain topics close to our conscience that draw our ire or passion in one way or another, but leaving the personal attacks out of the discussion seem to be too much ask. I think high-brow discussion should be intelligent and absent personal assault about personal issues. So, while I definitely want the BILLS to find a solid LT they can rely on for the next decade, I don't begrudge Bell his time in Philly. The only people I believe deserve our ferocious attacks are those in the sports arena who commit crimes, create victims, or do such an injustice to another PERSON (not a team) that warrants such a critique.

i don't like the tagging thing. ... Bell was too injury prone in my opinion to go that far. Bills made him an offer. he looked around and found a better deal. losing him, in the big picture, is not a considerable loss given the state of his body this past season. ... to me, he never measured out to be Jason Peters. and the Bills got him with a seventh-round pick. ... i don't know.

here's a better question, why do you reserve your letter solely to Bell and not also include the team?

jw

well, that's an utter copout. when holes are poked in your argument, you revert to this comment. that's silly.

jw

Copout? Dude are you serious? Holes being poked? What the hell are you talking about. You act like I'm going to sit here and break down all the reasons why we should have re-signed him and keep talking about a player who's not ours anymore... It's F Bell right now... I gotta whole lot of F's in the chamber if you want one just ask...

Why would a Bills fan wish success to the Eagles? He wished Bell health, and Bell will make money, so can't we begrudge Bell the other vagaries for pride's sake, since he snubbed us?

I like the way you think bruh...

JW - agree; all too often there are those on this board that make their opinions of football or life in general all too personal toward a person. I know there are certain topics close to our conscience that draw our ire or passion in one way or another, but leaving the personal attacks out of the discussion seem to be too much ask. I think high-brow discussion should be intelligent and absent personal assault about personal issues. So, while I definitely want the BILLS to find a solid LT they can rely on for the next decade, I don't begrudge Bell his time in Philly. The only people I believe deserve our ferocious attacks are those in the sports arena who commit crimes, create victims, or do such an injustice to another PERSON (not a team) that warrants such a critique.

You sound like you were on the wrong side of the fist in a stadium before...

I never am the one to wish injury on anybody. (even Brady). I said I wish Bell health and understand it was a business move which will benefit his and his familys' life... But It's F Bell, F Poz, F Whitner, F Mularkey and F McGayhee right now...

I don't wish success on the football field for any of those guys. I'm a fan man what can I say...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

From the Eagles Website...

Bell had spelled his first name Demetrius his entire life, but recently found out that the correct spelling is Demetress. That is the reason for the change of spelling for his first name.

...what did he score on his Wonderlic?

WOW!