Demetrius Bell - Now an Eagle

Good for him. He was patient and played his cards right. Eagles got desperate after Peters went down, and Bell reaped the rewards. Nix will certainly be 2nd guessed if Bell pans out for Eagles.

Your right, but I believe the only reason we didn't get into a bidding war for him is his injury history. I hope he enjoys better health in Philly, but I wouldn't count on it. it is awfully hard to predict injuries.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why? is there something he owes you?

and if everything is meant to be, as you put it, why do you in the next breath come out and do a complete 180? odd.

jw

Because its meant to be JW, don't ask why.... Keep up.

Edited by NoSaint

Nope. We made some great moves in free agency, but we are still the Bills.

If we reach for a LT at 10, then Bill you are right; then we are still the Bills! If we go BPA then what I hope has happened, has happened, and we are now moving toward elite.

why? is there something he owes you?

and if everything is meant to be, as you put it, why do you in the next breath come out and do a complete 180? odd.

jw

It was meant to be cuz it now is... The F Bell stems from the fact that I wanted him back with us... I definitely don't blame him for wanting to better his life for his family but I definitely don't wish him the best or success with the eagles only to make us look like fools in the end.

Everything happens for a reason so I'm hoping our reason for not re-signing him doesn't end up biting us in the ass... My frustration with the Bell situation was that we could have at least franchise tagged him and put some value on him before just letting him walk...

This had nothing to do with Bell not wanting to be here. It's just business. $35M in business. Good for him. Probably made more than his deadbeat dad ever did.

PTR

made more for doing less? Yes

Carl malone atleast earned his salary by being a very good basketball player. Bell is getting paid based on the potential they think he has IF he can stay healthy

It was meant to be cuz it now is... The F Bell stems from the fact that I wanted him back with us... I definitely don't blame him for wanting to better his life for his family but I definitely don't wish him the best or success with the eagles only to make us look like fools in the end.

Everything happens for a reason so I'm hoping our reason for not re-signing him doesn't end up biting us in the ass... My frustration with the Bell situation was that we could have at least franchise tagged him and put some value on him before just letting him walk...

Too late. I'm holding you personally responsible if he succeeds. Try as you may to distance yourself, this falls on your shoulders, and I will think you look foolish.

and yet, it could work out for both, too, no?

can't Bell have success with the Eagles, and the Bills find a left tackle who can start on a long-term basis? stuff happens, don't know why anyone has to make it personal.

jw

MMy love is for the uniform not the player so F Bell... Only a handfull of players don't receive a F from me because it would be that our front office didn't want them at all and didn't offer them anything to stay like Roscoe and Fletcher... Even Greer and Leonard can be in that group...

and yet, it could work out for both, too, no?

can't Bell have success with the Eagles, and the Bills find a left tackle who can start on a long-term basis? stuff happens, don't know why anyone has to make it personal.

jw

Even if we find a long term LT, if Bell succeeds then the Bills failed... We basically got him ready for someone else... With no draft picks to show for it... I mean the guy is worth at least a 5th round pick even with all the injuries... We could have tagged him THEN traded him...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

It sucks because I wanted Bell back, but I'm happy for the guy. He made himself into a good LT, even if some don't what to give him credit for it. It just sucks that he couldn't stay healthy. IMO, it is the major reason we didn't re-sign him because it is hard to figure out what we should have paid him.

I just hope this doesn't force a LT pick with the #10 pick. I want a difference maker that high and none of the LTs that will be there are one. My dream is Floyd and Mike Adams.

This had nothing to do with Bell not wanting to be here. It's just business. $35M in business. Good for him. Probably made more than his deadbeat dad ever did.

PTR

Think again. Even if Bell sees every penny of that contract(which I doubt he will) the mailman made a little over $104 million over the course of his career.

Edited by Gordio

1333562410[/url]' post='2430125']

Even if we find a long term LT, if Bell succeeds then the Bills failed... We basically got him ready for someone else... With no draft picks to show for it... I mean the guy is worth at least a 5th round pick even with all the injuries... We could have tagged him THEN traded him...

Spoken like someone playing Madden or something. The franchise tag for a left tackle is around $9.5mill. Are you prepared to pay that for Bell? You just asssume we could tag him and trade him and get picks in return. But, that's not guaranteed at all. Does Philly still go after Bell if they have to give up a 1st round pick for him? I doubt it.

PTR

Agree, Karl Malone what a piece of filthy trash

Spoken like someone playing Madden or something. The franchise tag for a left tackle is around $9.5mill. Are you prepared to pay that for Bell? You just asssume we could tag him and trade him and get picks in return. But, that's not guaranteed at all. Does Philly still go after Bell if they have to give up a 1st round pick for him? I doubt it.

Everything is negotiable after being tagged... If we wanted to part with a lower pick that's up to the FO.

^This

On the open market it turns out Bell played his cards right- even though after 5 other visits he couldn't get paid what he wanted, one big injury later and he gets his fat contract. Don't confuse the two issues- 1) While Buffalo needs a tackle and would have liked Bell back, 2) Bell wanted way more money than he has proven to be worth. A team on the upswing cant take a huge injury risk- we are more than one LT away from contending

Everything is negotiable after being tagged... If we wanted to part with a lower pick that's up to the FO.

If Bell signs the tag immediately he eats over $9M in cap space. No one would have traded for him at that price.