Goodell lowers boom on the Saints

papazoid

Hahahahaha...I think both of these coaches are major d-bags. I wanted to like New Orleans after being a perrenial loser and after Katrina, but these two clowns made the team hard to like...Is it just me or do Payton and Williams both sort of like they are morphing into women?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not who you know its who you :censored:

The difference is that Spygate was about stealing signs and filming practices. Bountygate was about INJURING players(people), possibly ending careers/ability to earn a living at football or worse. Maybe it's just me, but that is a BIG difference.

If the League did not come down hard, the legal liability might have been huge. It still may be. NFL network just reported that an outside person offered $5k to a player who knocked Rodgers out of last season's opener via email to Payton and Williams. Oops.

Edited by JPS

If the League did not come down hard, the legal liability might have been huge. It still may be. NFL network just reported that an outside person offered $5k to a player who knocked Rodgers out of last season's opener via email to Payton and Williams. Oops.

That person being convicted felon mike ornstein, who defrauded the NFL for hundreds of thousands when he was an employee.

Asst Coach Joe Vitt who would have been the frontrunner to fill in for Payton during his suspension, also got nailed for 6 games.

Vitts an awful staff member. Much like ornstein, SP loves him. I think most are glad he won't fill in.

I'd assume right around sept 1st he will be cut off until after the last game.

The suspensions start April 1st, at least Payton’s does. I’m guessing that it’s just like when a player gets suspended…they are not allowed at team facilities until the suspension is over. That means he’s not involved with the draft, any kind of game planning, etc.

I wonder if there are any players that suffered major/career altering injuries while playing the Saints? If so, there may be some lawsuits coming at them too.

Wow!!!

Howard Balzer@HBalzer721 Saints $500,000 and lose second-round pick in 2012 and maybe 2013. Some tweeting 2012 and 2012.

Howard Balzer@HBalzer721 Gregg Williams suspended indefinitely. What does that mean? Sean Payton suspended for a year. Mickey Loomis eight games and $500,000 fine.

Howard Balzer@HBalzer721

Saints $500,000 and lose second-round pick in 2012 and maybe 2013. Some tweeting 2012 and 2012.

Williams is gone for the season and his situation will be reviewed by the NFL after the season ends. I hope we never hear from him again......

How many Superbowl Winning head coaches can get fined for cheating in a decade?

It's amazing the same players kvetching about a snitch on this are the same ones who will be lining up to say, "the league needs to take care of players after they're done playing because it's so brutal on their bodies"

Edited by jeremy2020

The suspensions start April 1st, at least Payton’s does. I’m guessing that it’s just like when a player gets suspended…they are not allowed at team facilities until the suspension is over. That means he’s not involved with the draft, any kind of game planning, etc.

I wonder if there are any players that suffered major/career altering injuries while playing the Saints? If so, there may be some lawsuits coming at them too.

Unless you count Warner, none.