DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

Andre Carter is also Available from the pats and he had 10 sacks as well.

Carter was having a strong season until he suffered a knee injury late in the year. Who knows when he'll be ready for 2012.

Carter was having a good season, but he had 4 sacks in one game against the Jets, will be 33 in July (Anderson will be 29), and is coming off a quad tear. Given Anderson played in 47% of the snaps and got 10 sacks as well, he'd have been the better player to go after even if Carter were healthy.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merriman is not going anywhere. He was just paid a $1M bonus on Monday and his salary for 2012 is guaranteed, IIRC. And I don't know if they'll cut anyone until camp since there is no cap problem.

Not to add to the conspiracy theory but....

Anderson signs a 1 year deal on the cheap(because it's Ralph and all),either gets cut(intentionally) or plays out his contract and goes back to the Pats and reports to the Hoodie all of our dirty secrets. :P

I don't think anyone is going to get cut. Like others have said already, we need more depth at all positions so why not stack the D for now and work on the O later(like draft time).

I was thinking more along the lines of him being hurt or maybe not as good as the stat sheet says...

He's been visiting multiple teams. However what I see as interesting - The Bills announced their visit and said Anderson is meeting with doctors today.

I see both of those things as good signs for the Bills.

He's been visiting multiple teams. However what I see as interesting - The Bills announced their visit and said Anderson is meeting with doctors today.

standard procedure for the bills - they do this on any free agent visit

Exactly. It seems like every signing or concept of a signing has to be followed by a "who do we cut to kill our depth at that spot" discussion.

Because there are roster limits. It's not like we lost any DE's, so of course if we sign 2 we'll need to dump someone. Maybe not now, but later... especially since there's a good chance we draft another one.

Kelsay, Carrington, Mario, Merriman, Anderson and Curry (or other draftee)? Seriously doubt we keep 6 DE's... and if so, we'd probably dump a DT instead. Maybe the move Merriman to OLB.. but somewhere along that fronr 7, someone goes.

Something stinks here. New England has not had much of a pass rush for the last two years yet they are letting this guy just walk out the door...

It looks like they'd rather not let the guy walk. From the Boston Herald:

When free agency started, it was clear the Patriots wanted to keep pass-rusher Mark Anderson, and that he wanted to stay, as well. It only remained to be seen if the two sides could agree on money

In Buffalo, they may line him up across the line from Mario Williams. With the Ravens, he'll be opposite Terrell Suggs (most likely). Both places are a good fit. Both places sound like they really want him. And the Patriots may be priced out. Either way, it seems like this situation is moving fast.

http://www.bostonher...-mark-anderson/

Edited by Campy

I disagree and it's not just my Buffalo inferiority complex coming to the defense of the city. For a city the size of Buffalo, it hold's its own very well compared to a lot of other "dining destination" cities in the US. Is it NYC? No. San Fran? No. But I've ate meals in Buffalo that more than hold their own against some of the better restaurants in these cities. The local food movement has closed the culinary gap in many respects as long as fresh ingredients are being used.

I never said there weren't good restaurants, just a lack of fancy pants joints.

PTR

It's time for Match Game!

You can tell Mark Anderson isn't quite as coveted as Mario Willians. The Bills had Mario visit with Jim Kelly. They took Mark Anderson to visit blank

I'll start...

Gene, I went with Mr. Belvedere.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

You can tell Mark Anderson isn't quite as coveted as Mario Willians. The Bills had Mario visit with (You forgot this) :worthy: Jim Kelly. They took Mark Anderson to visit blank

I'll start...

Mark Anderson isn't Mario Williams. He is lucky if he gets to visit Mr. Pizza

You guys realize that Mark Anderson already played on the same line as Mario Williams in the past, right?

He didn't exactly rip it up that year.

He would be more of a rotational D-End. Probably put him in on some passing downs and take Kelsay out.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Mark Anderson isn't Mario Williams. He is lucky if he gets to visit Mr. Pizza

You guys realize that Mark Anderson already played on the same line as Mario Williams in the past, right?

He didn't exactly rip it up that year.

He would be more of a rotational D-End. Probably put him in on some passing downs and take Kelsay out.

You're not very good at this game. Just sayin.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

You can tell Mark Anderson isn't quite as coveted as Mario Willians. The Bills had Mario visit with Jim Kelly. They took Mark Anderson to visit blank

I'll start...

Um, Are you secretly Mike Schoop? Cuz he loves this game. I'll play along Mike.

Gene, I went with Grover Clevelands gravesite.

Um, Are you secretly Mike Schoop? Cuz he loves this game. I'll play along Mike.

Gene, I went with Grover Clevelands gravesite.

Not as coveted as Mario Williams because Mario visited with Jim Kelly, and Mark Anderson visited with.....Mrs. Russert??

I'll start...

Gene, I went with a Shakeweight