fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ex-Sanford police chief: Zimmerman probe 'taken away from us'

(CNN) -- The George Zimmerman investigation was hijacked "in a number of ways" by outside forces, said the former police chief of Sanford, Florida.

Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/sanford-bill-lee-exclusive/index.html

Actually the more I peruse this thread the more I have to bow to the expertise on racism here. Because outside of a KKK rally it's hard to imagine seeing so much concentrated racism in one place. Wowza. Well done. I guess.

Today I learned that the definition of racism has been expanded to include "showing insufficient willingness to disregard the rule of law and the fundamental underpinnings of American jurisprudance in favor of appeasing the self-serving desires of professional race-baiters".

It's like clockwork. They come down, say something stupid, maybe wash and repeat and then run away for another few months. He/she/its comments about college freshman taking over the board will fit in nicely with the comments about all the old, white, bald racists here.

It was a general statement that we are close to the KKK as far as racism goes. When challenged to submit some examples she runs away pulls them out of the woodwork. The reason I'm assuming that it is a female---no balls. all brains

Anything that's said here matters not one whit in the grand scheme of things except to he who posted it and the people who take exception to it. .

Edited by dog14787

Anything that's said here matters not one whit in the grand scheme of things except to he who posted it and the people who take exception to it. .

You should give her credit for her own work rather than just plagiarizing it. It is ironic that you post it in direct conflict with its premise. Now explain to me what examples of racism here that she "pulled out of the woodwork". Go ahead, you altered my post to state that, now back it up.

You really shouldn't have come down here and voiced your "opinions". You're as rudderless as BDLR and his team and incapable of forming an opinion on fact, let alone employ any critical thinking and intellectual curiosity. You're the kind of person that spends all his time talking rather than listening. Continue to spew your nonsense though, some here want the target practice.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Lol.......Prosecution desperation continues this A.M. , the state's now arguing it's 3rd degree felony murder based on child abuse.

Defense first notified this morning at 7:30

West:"Has State been gathering this case law for over a year, so could spring it on us, this Court, this jury, last moment?"

(Big surprise) Judge Nelson says law permits state's child abuse argument, West calls it a "trick." ...............Judge: We'll revisit this later

Judge: I can give u some time to prepare but not hours. We're skipping that for now & moving on.

Tweets following the flow of the lawyers argument on Jury instructions

State & Nelson (but I repeat myself) arguing that Zimmerman can only claim self-defense if first prove attacker committing a felony. (?)

The defense accused the state of pulling tricks again and the judge asked Don Wesr not to use the word "trick" any more

West: Zimmerman doesn't want to argue that Trayvon was committing a felony when killed. He is stressing that GZ was resisting bodily harm.

Defense worried about state using provocation in broad sense as defense to justifiable homicide and watering down self defense argument.

Mantei: can argue use of force based on witness statements that Zimmerman started confrontation, GZ was on top of Trayvon

The state just said the facts show an equal possibility that either Zimmerman or Martin was the aggressor.

West pointing out obvious that there's NO EVIDENCE of Zimmerman accosting Martin

Finally the provocation argument, provocation means physical force or violence- not following. The defense says Martin had almost 4 minutes to go 348 feet to get away from Zimmermanbut chose not to.

West: "As a matter of law, following someone... is not against the law," especially if reporting info to police.

Edited by B-Man

Lol.......Prosecution desperation continues this A.M. , the state's now arguing it's 3rd degree felony murder based on child abuse.

Defense first notified this morning at 7:30

West:"Has State been gathering this case law for over a year, so could spring it on us, this Court, this jury, last moment?"

(Big surprise) Judge Nelson says law permits state's child abuse argument, West calls it a "trick." ...............Judge: We'll revisit this later

Judge: I can give u some time to prepare but not hours. We're skipping that for now & moving on.

Florida doesn't HAVE a third-degree murder statute. "Child abuse" as a contributing factor in a death is still second degree felony murder.

Florida doesn't HAVE a third-degree murder statute. "Child abuse" as a contributing factor in a death is still second degree felony murder.

interesting. seems like the prosecution decided to stay under the radar all trial and then really reach in the bag of tricks here