Red Helmet

peanuts

Does anyone else miss the red helmet. I think it would go much better with the jerseys that will be coming out shortly..

I was just commenting to a Jets fan last weekend - "THANK GOD WE GOT RID OF THOSE UGLY RED HELMETS!!!"

So, uhm, no. The red ones looked like absolute crap. The new uniforms are wonderful.

Edited by BobChalmers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I hope all of you guys realize that Nike is taking over the uniforms industry this year so, whatever uniforms you were used to will look different. I'm guessing it won't be a drastic change but the unveiling of all 32 teams uniforms will be on April 3rd. Now to add my 2 cents into the convo. Me personally, I love the home jerseys with the white helmet and charging Buffalo. But if we could change the white pants to the same color blue pants, it would be sweet. Away games could have the same white helmet with the white jersey but with blue pants. I would like to know if there is a restriction on how many different combinations/styles of uniforms 1 team is allowed to have because if there isn't a restriction, we can mix and match whatever we like. We can even have an all white uniform with the red helmet that the OP misses so much.

Well...as the song says, "life is sweet" then...according to Steve Johnson, this change will be made this coming season. Road jersey will be the white helmet they wore in 2011, white jersey, blue pants. Not sure why they didn't do this in the first place...but there you go!

Btw- I am 47...earliest Bills memories start around 1971-1972...I never liked the red helmets...the version they are wearing now, for me, is the all-time best!

Edited by Buftex

Well...as the song says, "life is sweet" then...according to Steve Johnson, this change will be made this coming season. Road jersey will be the white helmet they wore in 2011, white jersey, blue pants. Not sure why they didn't do this in the first place...but there you go!

Btw- I am 47...earliest Bills memories start around 1971-1972...I never liked the red helmets...the version they are wearing now, for me, is the all-time best!

Yes I do actually remember Stevie saying something about blue pants. What I would like to know is would the league restrict us to wearing white helmet, blue jersey, blue pants for one home game and then white helmet, blue jersey white pants in another just to have a variety. Either way I agree. These new uni's are great. Let's hope that Nike doesn't change the style too much.

Yes I do actually remember Stevie saying something about blue pants. What I would like to know is would the league restrict us to wearing white helmet, blue jersey, blue pants for one home game and then white helmet, blue jersey white pants in another just to have a variety. Either way I agree. These new uni's are great. Let's hope that Nike doesn't change the style too much.

Nike won't. People freaked out when the NHL changed jerseys, claiming that logos and unis were going to change wholesale across the league. For the majority of franchies, the "changes" were much ado about nothing.

What they need to do first is get rid of the streaking bison that Ralph ripped off (and trademarked) before its rightful owner, Howard University, knew what was happening! What a scam, it isn't even our logo! Kinds '70ish anyway.

<br />the standing Buffalo is LAME LAME LAME...<br /><br />I will never understand hwy anyone would prefer the grazing Buffalo over the charging Buffalo<br />

Because the streaking bison is not ours... Ralph ripped it off! Then to boot, that design was during the whole 1970's streaking fad... Makes me want to pour vinegar in my eyes! Streaking is more LAME!

The blue pants were part of the jersey designs from last year. Road uniforms were intended to have the blue pants with the white jerseys. I believe it was an issue with Reebok getting them made, not 100% sure though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24964222@N06/5859413783

What they need to do first is get rid of the streaking bison that Ralph ripped off (and trademarked) before its rightful owner, Howard University, knew what was happening! What a scam, it isn't even our logo! Kinds '70ish anyway.

Because the streaking bison is not ours... Ralph ripped it off! Then to boot, that design was during the whole 1970's streaking fad... Makes me want to pour vinegar in my eyes! Streaking is more LAME!

Did the logo definitively originate with the Howard Bison?

^This x 100. Love the new unis and the white helmets pop.

Agreed. The white helmets, and new unis, look sharp. Very crisp. Im all for the white helmet.

Well how about that?!? Learn something new everyday...

http://www.google.com/search?q=howard+university+logo&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=931nT4mHFIPgsQL1nZi3Dw&biw=1231&bih=652&sei=_H1nT4uGMNGlsALSho22Dw