Where Was B-R-U-U-U-U-C-E ?!?!?!?

Congrats to Buddy & Chan.

Thank you Ralph, Jeff Littman and Russ Brandon.

Kudos to the rest of Bills Nation for helping recruit Mario.

But for all the great work done by Merriman, Kyle Williams, Jim Kelly et. al., it seemed odd that our attempt to woo our next great defensive end wasn't led by our greatest defensive end.

Anyone have any idea why he was so conspicuously absent?

Edited by davidkski

But for all the great work done by Merriman, Kyle Williams, Jim Kelly et. al., it seemed odd that our attempt to woo our next great defensive end wasn't led by our greatest defensive end.

Because he is retired, doesn't live in Buffalo, and has moved on with his life.

Because he is retired, doesn't live in Buffalo, and has moved on with his life.

This. Williams doesn't want to know what the Bills locker room was like in the '90s. He wants to know what it's like today.

The appropriate people for him to talk to are current coaches and players. A former great would just be a distraction.

We all have fond memories of Bruse that is true but Bruse ghas never been much of a Bills promoter.

Maybe it has something to do with all his personal problems.

He always wanted more money than he signed for and maybe that has something to do with it.

Maybe its a defenseive mentality because very few defensive players get involved with the team like Kelly and Thomas do.

Its just that Bruse said goodbye when he cleaned out his locker.

We all have fond memories of Bruse that is true but Bruse ghas never been much of a Bills promoter.

Maybe it has something to do with all his personal problems.

He always wanted more money than he signed for and maybe that has something to do with it.

Maybe its a defenseive mentality because very few defensive players get involved with the team like Kelly and Thomas do.

Its just that Bruse said goodbye when he cleaned out his locker.

Bruse? Really?

Thank You ARMOR Heating for the digital sign that said Welcome Mario Williams He saw that and it touch him.

Edited by Hammered a Lot

I love Bruce, but Bruce is all about Bruce. We realized that every year when he either held out or creatively scheduled his surgeries so he could skip training camp, and forgave him pretty much instantly every time because he was just so. god. damn. good.

Thank You ARMOR Heating for the digital sign that said Welcome Mario Williams He saw that and it touch him.

I hope the signing of Mario by the Bills gives us the same hope when Reggie White signed with the Packers about 20 years ago......And....if we do get Jared Allen...this front 4 will be awesome...

Bruce is here in VA Beach, i see him once in awhile and i see his son almost everyday

You do? Do you go to Cox or do you work there? I live around the corner from Bruce and hardly ever see his son - at least not since I left FWC after the last school year...

---

According to his son (I'm leaving his name out because he's a minor), Bruce is a Bills fan. I imagine that if Bruce got the call he probably would've headed up.

This. Williams doesn't want to know what the Bills locker room was like in the '90s. He wants to know what it's like today.

The appropriate people for him to talk to are current coaches and players. A former great would just be a distraction.

Like Jim Kelly?

You do? Do you go to Cox or do you work there? I live around the corner from Bruce and hardly ever see his son - at least not since I left FWC after the last school year...

---

According to his son (I'm leaving his name out because he's a minor), Bruce is a Bills fan. I imagine that if Bruce got the call he probably would've headed up.

I saw him and his family at Pinboys and I was surprised how fast the word got around that Bruce Smith was there. He hadn't even got his shoes yet! He wasn't in the mood for autographs, but it was after his most recent DUI so I don't blame him.

Bruce was one of those who didn't really enjoy it here and didn't much for the community.

---

I agree Chris, Jimbo mentioned he talked to Bruce in his interview and that he was stoked.

I was actually a little more surprised that Thurman did not appear to be present. Maybe he was and I just did not notice, but he usually is a part of this kind of stuff.

I believe Thurman tweeted he wasn't asked......

---

yea i work at fwc. it was such an awesome surprise to see Bruce at the practice field when i moved down here.

I seen him passed out at a redlight