HUGE KUDOS to WGR!!!

Lv-Bills

For a station that takes flack around here (not from me), I have to say their coverage of this has been terrific. They have been live for two days, almost around the clock. They have reporters in different spots around Buffalo. They are having fun with this, but also showing that they are just as invested in this, as we the fans, are. I have been enthralled with all of this Mario Williams stuff. So have they. They are really extending how we all feel today. They are also getting more info than the big guys as well. A lot of the big guys are citing WGR.

Kudos GR, I have been streaming you at work, at home, and over my car bluetooth through the Bills mobile app. I couldn't get through this without you guys.

:worthy:

Edited by Lv-Bills

For a station that takes flack around here (not from me), I have to say their coverage of this has been terrific. They have been live for two days, almost around the clock. They have reporters in different spots around Buffalo. They are having fun with this, but also showing that they are just as invested in this, as we the fans, are. I have been enthralled with all of this Mario Williams stuff. So have they. They are really extending how we all feel today. They are also getting more info from the big guys as well. A lot of the big guys are citing WGR.

Kudos GR, I have been streaming you at work, at home, and over my car bluetooth through the Bills mobile app. I couldn't get through this without you guys.

Yea real great! Correct me but didnt they state that Meachem was going to be a Bill in 24 hours?

Again, I could care less if their coverage is negative or positive. That doesn't bother me. I actually don't need to hear a bunch of homers give the Bills brass handjobs all year.

My kudos is for their coverage. They are excited and doing the same things we are doing. They are there, 24/7. Reporters are all over Buffalo trying to get info. They are there instead of national guys. They are largely positive today, because there is something to be positive about.

Again, my kudos to them for actually covering this better than anyone, and giving Bills fans across the nation a way to follow this story. I can't work a lick.

It seems like the whole city of Buffalo has some sort of pride tied to Mario......sports fan or not. That's how we all feel, and WGR has also conveyed that.

Kudos.

Yea real great! Correct me but didnt they state that Meachem was going to be a Bill in 24 hours?

Yes they did, and the fact that they've only got one thing wrong about the free agency period so far means that they are still way better than any national guys who are out there regurgitating everything WGR is putting out there.

So yeah, Kudos again.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Semantics jerk here: Joe stated that the Bills fully expected to sign both Mario and Meachem in the next 24 hours. The bills brass, which was (conjecture here, but warranted) in contact with Joe, clearly expected to get them both. Meachem was made a good offer by the Bills but got a better one in terms of money and especially playing time. Most here do not recall the last time a free agent was on a visit with one team only to sign with another on the other side of the continent.

Lv-Bills, I have a non-Mario question for you. Do you make it up to all of the Bills home games from Virginia? I live just outside of DC and over the years I've really seriously considered getting tickets to support the team and head up there, but I know that I would not be able to make it to even half the home games with the driving distance and work the next day. If you can't make it to a game, do you use a broker or stubhub or something and is it hard to find buyers? Just curious. If anyone else out there is from out of town, would welcome your thoughts on this too and how you manage the ticket situation. Thanks! (and this also helps me focus on something other than Mario so that I can deal with the Mario situation- LOL!).

I just installed the wgr app, and live in Vegas, you guys know how close to "live" the audio is?

You're better off if you download the tune in radio app (free), and search for wgr550, it's only a few seconds behind. The wgr app is a minute or two late. At least it used to be. :thumbsup:

Been a while since I listened to the afternoon crew on GR. IMO they are awful and unlikable.

Listen to Sal's energy, and he's at the stadium which I think adds to the suspense and fun of this day. I don't why they'd go away from that today. :wallbash:

Edited by NobesBLO13

For a station that takes flack around here (not from me), I have to say their coverage of this has been terrific. They have been live for two days, almost around the clock. They have reporters in different spots around Buffalo. They are having fun with this, but also showing that they are just as invested in this, as we the fans, are. I have been enthralled with all of this Mario Williams stuff. So have they. They are really extending how we all feel today. They are also getting more info than the big guys as well. A lot of the big guys are citing WGR.

As a BIG TIME critic of Gr ... I will admit that their coverage (with the exception of certain hosts) has given me everything I needed in the Mario Hunt.

To expand local coverage gives those of us away from Buffalo what we needed.

So ... I will put on sack cloth for the moment while waiting to hear what list might be talked about this afternoon.

You're better off if you download the tune in radio app (free), and search for wgr550, it's only a few seconds behind. The wgr app is a minute or two late. At least it used to be. :thumbsup:

Been a while since I listened to the afternoon crew on GR. IMO they are awful and unlikable.

Listen to Sal's energy, and he's at the stadium which I think adds to the suspense and fun of this day. I don't why they'd go away from that today. :wallbash:

I, too, find the TuneIn app to be closer to "real time," and I also think it's a more reliable app (crashes less often) than the dedicated WGR app. Plus, it's just as free, and it gives you a world's worth of radio stations.

Lv-Bills, I have a non-Mario question for you. Do you make it up to all of the Bills home games from Virginia? I live just outside of DC and over the years I've really seriously considered getting tickets to support the team and head up there, but I know that I would not be able to make it to even half the home games with the driving distance and work the next day. If you can't make it to a game, do you use a broker or stubhub or something and is it hard to find buyers? Just curious. If anyone else out there is from out of town, would welcome your thoughts on this too and how you manage the ticket situation. Thanks! (and this also helps me focus on something other than Mario so that I can deal with the Mario situation- LOL!).

C,

I make it to most games until the Bills are eliminated. However, I know for sure that, for instance, if the Bills play at home this year on week 1 that I can't go. You are welcome to save my name, and if you want, inquire about buying some games I don't go to, if you don't get season tickets. I have great seats. 35 yard line, Bills side, 17 rows up. I used Ticketmaster last year to sell my extras. I sold each of the last three home games that way. Believe it or not, I even sold one preseason game. Before last year, my tickets were on the 5 yard line, Bills side, lower bowl, 28 rows up, and I had trouble selling them.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Lv-Bills; please excuse an ignorant question but what is a Bills Mobile App and where can I get one?

Like Jack said.......Iphone app store. The app has a button for Bills radio (which is just really streaming WGR over your phone) It's awesome, because on my 35 minute ride to work everyday, I can stream WGR as if I'm driving through Buffalo and not Richmond.

They are the "Home of The Bills" now!

If they weren't, Schopp would be bashing the team left and right being negative.

this, and he's been nice to callers today which is not normal

Thank you sir!

Edited by Shouldaplayedflutie99

The fact that they are now the flagship station has improved the quality of the programming immensely. They now have access to Nix, Gailey, Brandon and other Bills Players. Brad Riter has been filling in for the Howard Simon and Schopp. They need to give Riter his 7 to 10 shift back.

both apss are at about same time. tunein radio is a great app

Coverage during the day was excellent.

Schopp and Bulldog were their usual tool selves in the afternoon. Some guy asked if getting Mario would afford the Bills the ability to move down from 10 in the draft, and they acted as if the guy was a schmuck. Bulldog was better in the morning without Schopp.

I am certainly one of the "bashers"....but....not really. I am critical when WGR does/says stupid things. But, I am honest, so I am equally supportive of them doing the things they are supposed to do. :D

Logically, you are SUPPOSED to cover the Mario Williams signing 24/7.....if you are "THE sports source for Western NY" and the major, flagship, whatever, radio station. Not doing so is illogical. Why call yourself THE source....and then not be? IF they chose not to do what they are supposed to be doing, that's a stupid choice.

That said, WGR, since Bulldog's tirade in pre-season last year(which I gave him credit for in the thread I started then), has been paying a lot more attention to the Bills over the last year. I gave him credit because, for once, they weren't talking hockey in late August. As a result, I have listened to WGR, on Android, a lot more this year than I ever have.

So, with that said: good job guys. You are finally doing what a hometown radio station is supposed to be doing.

Things have improved since 2005-10, when they were horrible.

I am certainly one of the "bashers"....but....not really. I am critical when WGR does/says stupid things. But, I am honest, so I am equally supportive of them doing the things they are supposed to do. :D

Logically, you are SUPPOSED to cover the Mario Williams signing 24/7.....if you are "THE sports source for Western NY" and the major, flagship, whatever, radio station. Not doing so is illogical. Why call yourself THE source....and then not be? IF they chose not to do what they are supposed to be doing, that's a stupid choice.

That said, WGR, since Bulldog's tirade in pre-season last year(which I gave him credit for in the thread I started then), has been paying a lot more attention to the Bills over the last year. I gave him credit because, for once, they weren't talking hockey in late August. As a result, I have listened to WGR, on Android, a lot more this year than I ever have.

So, with that said: good job guys. You are finally doing what a hometown radio station is supposed to be doing.

Things have improved since 2005-10, when they were horrible.

Actually they got better before a few years before 2010, after they got off their Donahoe hate finally simmered down. They've been very fair for at least 3-4 years now - instead of pro-Sabres/anti-Bills.

What was Bulldog's tirade about?

Lv-Bills, I have a non-Mario question for you. Do you make it up to all of the Bills home games from Virginia? I live just outside of DC and over the years I've really seriously considered getting tickets to support the team and head up there, but I know that I would not be able to make it to even half the home games with the driving distance and work the next day...

I live just north of Richmond and have had season tix for quite a while. I drive up to BWI on Sat or Sun morning and fly Southwest direct to BUF for the game and fly back Sun night. I make it for 3-4 games a year and sell, give away, or donate the others. I plan ahead which games to attend and that helps with lower prices on Southwest. My sister lives two blocks from the Ralph so that helps a bunch as well. Flying certainly is more expensive than driving but when you consider the rising cost of fuel and driving time, I can justify it. Another plus, Southwest is usually on schedule. Just another option to consider.

Actually they got better before a few years before 2010, after they got off their Donahoe hate finally simmered down. They've been very fair for at least 3-4 years now - instead of pro-Sabres/anti-Bills.

What was Bulldog's tirade about?

Heh.

The Bills......not...random, pointless discussion about "which movie makes me poop". A massive departure is the past few days activity. Rather than "covering" the team by using the "every 20 minutes" guy's headlines, we actually were treated to rapid, and more importantly CORRECT (ahem, PFT) info.

Actually the tirade was about trading Lee Evans. Link to that thread here

Believe me....as soon as my thread went up, they really started hamming it up. Which was the reason I wrote it the way I did. For the next hour they kept right on flipping out....and they had the whole city paying attention that day.

How that doesn't make sense...from every perspective, for that show, and how "instead of talking about the Bills, let's listen to funny things we think are funny and...talk about the Cleveland Indians, who, since it's August, are 20 games out of 1st place" makes more sense....eludes the rational.

As I said, things are improving. But, why do we need to give credit for something they were supposed to be doing all along?

How does it not make sense, in this town, to spend the first 48 hours of EVERY FA period for both teams, using the same approach? Where are we? Buffalo, or, Austin, TX? If I wanted fruity, marginally eclectic discourse about random schit that tends to be weird, I'd go to Austin and listen to their radio. Buffalo is about the Bills and Sabres.

Again, I could care less if their coverage is negative or positive. That doesn't bother me. I actually don't need to hear a bunch of homers give the Bills brass handjobs all year.

But IS okay for them to attempt to rape the Bills ass while trying to make money on it?

I'll believe in the New WGR in 12 years - after being loser for 12 years, you know?

The fact that they are now the flagship station has improved the quality of the programming immensely. They now have access to Nix, Gailey, Brandon and other Bills Players.

Agreed. I, too, was pretty happy overall with GR's coverage. It's an unknowable, but I wonder how it may have been different if they were not now the Bills station. It probably would have been similar but maybe not as much superceding a lot of national syndicated programming for the local live coverage. Good job though, for the most part.

Agreed. I, too, was pretty happy overall with GR's coverage. It's an unknowable, but I wonder how it may have been different if they were not now the Bills station. It probably would have been similar but maybe not as much superceding a lot of national syndicated programming for the local live coverage. Good job though, for the most part.

I think that's exactly how it would have been. Maybe when Mario fever kicked in they would have had an extra local show.........Again, I think they've been fair the last few years in their assessments.