• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario 12

Dareus 6

Williams 6

Kelsay 7

This would be a great year IMO. Kelsay's previous career high is 5.5, so 7 would be great. Pressures might not be an official stat, and it doesn't come up in the box-score, but that's what this group is gonna do. I can see a lot more throw-aways this year.

This^

This might not equate to sacks, but making QBs uncomfortable, especially Marcia, makes the entire D better. With Wanstache coachign the D now, i expected us to be significantly better before this, now I expect us to be great

Man with my first post I had to get into this epic thread. I honestly can't believe Mario signed with us. I haven't been this excited about the Bills in a long time. Can't wait for Mario to take his first snap as a Bill. Lets Go Buffalo!!

Mario 12

Dareus 6

Williams 6

Kelsay 7

This would be a great year IMO. Kelsay's previous career high is 5.5, so 7 would be great. Pressures might not be an official stat, and it doesn't come up in the box-score, but that's what this group is gonna do. I can see a lot more throw-aways this year.

Is everyone seriously forgetting that the Bills could also get a very healthy Merriman back. I mean if people are going to sit there and say K. Williams will return to form(had achilles surgry)and get 6 sacks(or 8), why isn't it possible Merriman could come back?

personally I think it could look like this:

Mario 14

Dareus 5

Williams 5

Merriman 10

Kelsay 6(COMING OFF BENCH)

I just want to see the defense get off the field on 3rd down.

I don't care if it's a sack/pressure/FF/INT/or just a regular stop short of the sticks.

Just get off the damn field.

^^^

100% this. I'm not much of an X's and O's guy. But I do know that an effective defense gets the ball back to your offense quickly, often, and with good field position. Just get it done.

You guys know why the Bills are looking towards better days? For the simple fact that for whatever reason we always receive hate from critics. It's our time to shine and the league can sense it now. Let me elaborate on the hate.

Tuesday night when Mario visited the Bills it was a "shock".

Tuesday night he was allegedly "leaving".

Wednesday after touring Buffalo and visiting OBD he "had a flight scheduled to leave".

Thursday we all know he "SIGNED".

Brian Baldinger on Tuesday's NFL Total Access said a "good fit" for Mario would be the Bills lining up next to Dareus, Kyle, and Kelsay. Then on Thursday night's Total Access he said it was a wrong move for Buffalo to spend that much on Mario because he doesn't feel Mario is an "elite" player. That in NC they never finished better than 6-6 and that his first 4 years in the Texans they had one of the worst defenses in the league. He also went as far as saying he's not a game changer.

I can never pin point every single time I think people hate our team but we can't deny the "feeling" that they do is always there. Maybe I'm being too proud (and I dont even live in Buffalo I live in NYC) but it's time to get this defense started especially with the draft coming up.

I woke up today just as excited as I was yesterday. Congratulations to all.

GO BILLS.

Yea, heard that also, two different opinions on Mario helping out Buffalo in less than 24 hours - there goes Baldinger's credibility!!!

17 sacks from two interior linemen is a pretty aggressive prediction.

True but dareus had 5.5 last year wih virtually no support. I have to think adding the Williams twins adds measurably to his total. Kyle had 5.5 the year before without any support either, same argument holds giving him dareus and Mario

Last year's DL: Edwards, Dareus, Heard, Kelsay, Carrington, Johnson, Batten

This year's DL: All of the above, plus Mario, Kyle, AND a healthy (we hope) Troup.

Talent and depth. It's a wonderful thing.

The key to our D-line this year is going to be Kyle Williams' explosiveness. If that achilles heals up and he can get some good work in this summer this could be fun to watch. Even if he loses half a step of quickness Kyle has always had a non stop motor and work ethic that makes him a load inside.

I thought Merriman got really good push before he got hurt last year. People forget that he had some sort of Shoulder injury that wasn't disclosed in Week 1 against KC. We your talking about a second knee injury though. The Bills may decide very shortly that he's not worth it. I saw somewhere he's due a $1mil dollar roster bonus soon.

People keep saying our line is going to be:

Kelsey - Dareus - Williams - Williams

But if Mario plays LDE, wouldn't it be:

Williams - Dareus - Williams - Merriman

Also, who is Merriman's backup? Carrington, Johnson, Batten?

When we were in a 4 man front last year who played the RDE spot?

Reading Mario's twitter feed has been enlightening--- he really seems to be having fun interacting with Bills' fans and Texans' fans. He just seems like a good dude that's happy as hell:

Julio Vazuez ‏ @Spliffone

@bbwolf90 You are the biggest signing in Buffalo history and thanks for bringing us something to cheer about!

Mario Williams ‏ @bbwolf90

@Spliffone thank you all you guys cheer ur ass off we will play ours off in return!