Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

I'd love to be an observer in one of these situations once.

I can't figure out what would take so long. Nix makes an offer, Williams either wants to play for Buffalo or he does not. If he does they negotiate contract terms which shouldn't take a large amount of time. If he does not he says no thank you and moves on. Seems like that's how it was for a lot of the other FAs, what's the difference here?

Unless he is waiting for other offers to drive the Bills price higher, or using the Bills offer to drive someone elses offer higher?

Like I said, I'd love to see how one of these situations works from the inside once.

It's easy, IMO, to see why it would take so long. Basically, this is one of the two biggest decisions in his life so far, and it is tied intimately to the other one, getting married this summer. He didn't decide where to get drafted. Now he has to decide where to live and play the next seven years, the first seven years of his marriage, and where he wants to raise a family. He probably knew nothing about Buffalo. He needs to find out, he needs his fiance to be on board with this, it takes more than 24 hours to know.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to be Plan - B

Redding to Colts

The Indianapolis Colts have reached a three-year, $10.5 million agreement with veteran defensive end Cory Redding, according to a league source.

Redding, 31, played for Chuck Pagano last season with the Baltimore Ravens when Pagano was the defensive coordinator prior to being hired by as the Colts' head coach.

Redding's addition could potentially spell the end of defensive end Dwight Freeney's tenure with the Colts.

Freeney could be released or traded.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2012-NFL-free-agency-tuesday-roster-moves-signings-031412

Tim-

I think it's time to reminisce about some of the "key" free agents the Bills have signed that, if we all took truth serum, we would all admit two things. Prior to coming to Buffalo we had never heard of them. And 5 minutes after signing with Buffalo, we convinced ourselves we just got a star!

I'll start us off....

Chris Villarial

I think it's time to reminisce about some of the "key" free agents the Bills have signed that, if we all took truth serum, we would all admit two things. Prior to coming to Buffalo we had never heard of them. And 5 minutes after signing with Buffalo, we convinced ourselves we just got a star!

I'll start us off....

Chris Villarial

Mario Williams

It's easy, IMO, to see why it would take so long. Basically, this is one of the two biggest decisions in his life so far, and it is tied intimately to the other one, getting married this summer. He didn't decide where to get drafted. Now he has to decide where to live and play the next seven years, the first seven years of his marriage, and where he wants to raise a family. He probably knew nothing about Buffalo. He needs to find out, he needs his fiance to be on board with this, it takes more than 24 hours to know.

Hmmm that seems reasonable. But yesterday wasn't the first day he knew about Buffalo's interest. That part of it could have been determined beforehand. But yeah I guess having his fiancee on board would be a big consideration, and showing her the area she would be spending at least half the year in makes sense.

Still think it shouldn't take so long, but I have never been in his situation either. :P

I'll start us off....

Chris Villarial

Jeff Posey

I think Murph just tweeted that the fiancee is getting shown around town by Bills officials. So if that's true, it'll be at least a couple more hours before anything's signed. I have TweetDeck up at work, and the tweets are flying by a mile a minute --- I think it was Murph.