Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so don't judge me. I'm just trying to get all of the info you guys are getting, so if my internet stalker side comes out, so be it. I'm not proud.

30 minutes ago Mike Lombardi tweeted in response to a feller tweeter:

"They see like the favorite down. People in chicago think he is headed there to sign"

Typos aside, I think we all can see what that is supposed to say.

The person he was responding to (Lance Zierlein) had just recently tweeted:

http://twitter.com/#!/LanceZierlein

"Bears not in the market for Mario. Way too much money for DE position"

So, take that for what it's worth. Internet stalking at its finest. I don't know anything about Lance Zierlein, but I can confirm from his twitter page he is an animal lover and he likes Michelob Ultra.

The end

FWIW...shortly before 5:00PM today:

- ESPN's 'NFL Live' said the Bears were moving on from Mario Williams.

- On NFL Network, Jason LaCanfora & Mike Lombardi were talking to Rich Eisen. Lombardi said that "obviously Buffalo is now in the driver's seat and it would take something for them to mess it up not to get Mario Williams as they bring him on a visit. The visit really is just about getting a deal done...it's really not about, 'hey, we're gonna check it out, how's the locker room, what's the field look like', it's about money and it's about signing a contract." Eisen then proceeded to so, "So...you think Mario Williams will eventually wind up a Buffalo Bill?" Lombardi: "I think if somebody else doesn't come in...I think the one thing announcing you're going on a visit does to all the other teams, it alerts them that they could potentially sign...it's an advertisement for you to find out as an agent to see if someone else might be actually coming up to cough up the coin. But once the price is established, a lot of teams say, 'wait a minute..hold on...we're out on that one, we need to go somewhere else.' So I think, ultimately, the first visit is usually the best one." LaCanfora agreed. Here's to hoping they're right! :beer:

- On NFL Network, Jason LaCanfora & Mike Lombardi were talking to Rich Eisen. Lombardi said that "obviously Buffalo is now in the driver's seat and it would take something for them to mess it up not to get Mario Williams as they bring him on a visit. The visit really is just about getting a deal done...it's really not about, 'hey, we're gonna check it out, how's the locker room, what's the field look like', it's about money and it's about signing a contract." Eisen then proceeded to so, "So...you think Mario Williams will eventually wind up a Buffalo Bill?" Lombardi: "I think if somebody else doesn't come in...I think the one thing announcing you're going on a visit does to all the other teams, it alerts them that they could potentially sign...it's an advertisement for you to find out as an agent to see if someone else might be actually coming up to cough up the coin. But once the price is established, a lot of teams say, 'wait a minute..hold on...we're out on that one, we need to go somewhere else.' So I think, ultimately, the first visit is usually the best one." LaCanfora agreed. Here's to hoping they're right! :beer:

Oh, goodness, like Buffalo fans need to hear that. If ANY franchise can "mess it up" it's the Bills. Good grief.

Very encouraging - Thanks for the details!

Well this certainly sounds like the big splash Buddy was talking about earlier doesn't it!

"So...you think Mario Williams will eventually wind up a Buffalo Bill?"

Lombardi: "I think if somebody else doesn't come in...I think the one thing announcing you're going on a visit does to all the other teams, it alerts them that they could potentially sign...it's an advertisement for you to find out as an agent to see if someone else might be actually coming up to cough up the coin. But once the price is established, a lot of teams say, 'wait a minute..hold on...we're out on that one, we need to go somewhere else.' So I think, ultimately, the first visit is usually the best one." LaCanfora agreed. Here's to hoping they're right! :beer:

That just sounds like bupkis talking head speak.

Just as many teams could say, "OK, the price is established. We'll match it."

Dam Bills...5-1 and then crap the bed...I'm a 41 y/o cardioogist and my heart is racing thinking about Mario in Buffalo. WTF is wrong with me. How can growing up in Buffalo do this to a person for the rest of their life??? I haven't even lived there since 1988....

Please Nix get it done before Ralph wakes up from his nap!!!

Hahahaha....everything about this post cracked me up!!! Well played!

Dam Bills...5-1 and then crap the bed...I'm a 41 y/o cardioogist and my heart is racing thinking about Mario in Buffalo. WTF is wrong with me. How can growing up in Buffalo do this to a person for the rest of their life??? I haven't even lived there since 1988....

Oh, goodness, like Buffalo fans need to hear that. If ANY franchise can "mess it up" it's the Bills. Good grief.

Haha! I thought the same thing when I heard it. Only the Bills.

Very encouraging - Thanks for the details!

No problem.

Well this certainly sounds like the big splash Buddy was talking about earlier doesn't it!

Indeed...let's hope.

That just sounds like bupkis talking head speak.

Just as many teams could say, "OK, the price is established. We'll match it."

I disagree. Lombardi is a former GM so I think that his statement carries more weight than your run-of-the-mill 'talking head'.

Edited by ExWNYer

The prospect of Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Dareus all on the same line has me pumped, how could it not have any bills fan excited? Of course, I'm prepared to be let down but for now, I'm crossing my fingers.