Roscoe Parrish Not In Future Plans

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see if Billy Bellichick loves him as much as he used to talk about him in the week leading up to playing the Bills, and signs him. If you just listened to Bellickick talk about the Bills the week leading up to playing them, you'd think the Bills were actually pretty good these past 10 years.

According to some reports about the local (Buffalo) sports broadcast on TV....

To be expected.

TY Hilton, Chris Rainey and Devon Wylie could easily fill his void with their explosiveness and change of direction ability with Wylie being the best juker of the three.

2005 Draft

2 55 Buffalo Bills Roscoe Parrish WR Miami (FL) ACC

2 56 Denver Broncos Darrent Williams CB Oklahoma State Big 12

2 57 New York Jets Justin Miller† CB Clemson ACC

2 58 Green Bay Packers Terrence Murphy WR Texas A&M Big 12

2 59 Atlanta Falcons Jonathan Babineaux DT Iowa Big Ten

2 60 Indianapolis Colts Kelvin Hayden CB Illinois Big Ten

2 61 San Diego Chargers Vincent Jackson† WR Northern Colorado Great West

Ouch, thanks.

He has no future in the NFL period - should anyone be surprised by this? IT would be news if Parrish WAS in the teams future plans. lol

We'll see if Billy Bellichick loves him as much as he used to talk about him in the week leading up to playing the Bills, and signs him. If you just listened to Bellickick talk about the Bills the week leading up to playing them, you'd think the Bills were actually pretty good these past 10 years.

Why would any team want to sign him? He was on IR several times EARLY in his career. You think his body is getting more durable as he gets older?? The dude weighs 168lbs soaking wet.

Edited by Azucho98

True, however, I remember my brother and I being in shocked disbelief that the Bills would draft a 5'9" 175 pound WR. We knew he was gonna get killed out there, and he's been hurt nearly every year. It's not hard to imagine why...

even more surprising is that they drafted a wr that size in the second round

Edited by Max997

That would be fitting irony if Parrish became the new Welker.

PTR

As opposed to the beefy and durable 5'9" 195 lb Wes Welker

Welker is way more physically put together than Roscoe. Roscoe is probably 5'7" 165 lbs. He was an electric punt returner but he still was an awful pick by a GM who thought he was smarter than everyone.

Say what you want to about Brandon and Levy as GMs, but no one set this team back further this decade than TD.

Roscoe had the more proven track record against bigger competition. Nothing wrong with taking him. Every team could play

20/20 hindsight about picks they did or didn't make compared to other teams.

Track record?? Puh-leeze. He was a punt returner on a loaded college team who had 38 TOTAL catches his junior/senior years combined.

It was a horrible pick from day one; just as bad as all the awful round 1 picks that everyone talks about. How this guy has received a pass from Bills fans all these years is a mystery to me.

Eddie Royal fits the Parrish mold and would flourish in the slot. He's a little bigger (5'10", 188) but has all the speed in the world and not as many injury concerns. He had a groin thing that kept him out a few games last year and he was lost in the fold in the Tebow offense, which will lower his asking price.

I believe there was a lot of clamoring for him around here around the trade deadline last year.

I'm also not opposed to drafting a guy like Wylie, or TY Hilton, if we secure a big bodied WR in FA. If we don't I think you sign Royal and draft a guy like Hill out of GT in Rd 2 (though he may not be around).

I don't recall any of Roscoe's major injuries a result of him being small. He is not frail, IMO, he is just injury prone. When he gets absolutely clobbered, he bounces right up. He is easily the most fearless of all Bills receivers. Jim Mcmahon was injury prone and Jonas Jennings and Demetrius Bell were injury prone. so you cannot trust him to be there. Therefore it is probably dumb to sign him. Most, but not all of his injuries were freakish and bad luck, not a result of his size.

Frankly, I would gladly sign him to be a #5 WR or #6 for veteran minimum with some incentives and start him in the slot and play him hard as long as he can go. It could be the whole season. As the #5 or #6 WR on your team, especially with the way we use WR on our practice squad, he is not taking the place of someone more valuable to the team.

The Bills were much better and dangerous on offense when Roscoe was in last year. He wasn't the only reason but was a major cog regardless of stats.

Roscoe was great as a PR. As a WR, it was either we never used him right; or he just could not make a play. In my memory he never ever ever made a play with a run after a catch. He caught a few 20 to 30 yarders but never caught a three to five yard pass and turned it upfield. Not once that I remember. He never took one to the house. And isn't that what a munchkin is supposed to do?

Roscoe was great as a PR. As a WR, it was either we never used him right; or he just could not make a play. In my memory he never ever ever made a play with a run after a catch. He caught a few 20 to 30 yarders but never caught a three to five yard pass and turned it upfield. Not once that I remember. He never took one to the house. And isn't that what a munchkin is supposed to do?

seems like i remember roscoe taking a quick slant from losman maybe? to the house, and that was 95% run after catch. little guy hit the seem and was gone! but sadly, those plays were very few and very far between. i thought he would be the best screen reciever in the nfl...couple blocks and pretend it was a punt return.

Track record?? Puh-leeze. He was a punt returner on a loaded college team who had 38 TOTAL catches his junior/senior years combined.

It was a horrible pick from day one; just as bad as all the awful round 1 picks that everyone talks about. How this guy has received a pass from Bills fans all these years is a mystery to me.

Some argue that it was the best team in college history. He has some similar measurables to Welker, but didn't pan out (I didn't think he would and was horrified atthe pick.