Roscoe Parrish Not In Future Plans

Roscoe was great as a PR. As a WR, it was either we never used him right; or he just could not make a play. In my memory he never ever ever made a play with a run after a catch. He caught a few 20 to 30 yarders but never caught a three to five yard pass and turned it upfield. Not once that I remember. He never took one to the house. And isn't that what a munchkin is supposed to do?

He caught a quick slant from Losman and beat the Jets' secondary for a 51 yard touchdown back in 2006 or 2007.

I don't blame you for not remembering.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To echo something Kelly said, Roscoe is a fearless football player.

I've NEVER seen a player ignore gunners and ignore the fair catch option as much as Roscoe has. His ability to catch the ball and in an instant sidestep the first tackler is phenomenal.

As far as giving Roscoe "a pass," I judge him for the football player that he is… a damn good undersized wide receiver that the Bills should never have drafted in the 2nd round.

If Roscoe wasn't the guy to draft there, it's not his fault. Roscoe has never cheated us on effort.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is how effusive Gailey has always been in his praise of Roscoe. Publicly Gailey has gone out of his way to be supportive and flattering of Roscoe… so we know the Head Coach likes the guy.

Wherever Roscoe goes I'm glad for all the great thrills he gave and the effort he always put forth.

I'd happily keep him on the team as our punt returner and 4th or 5th wideout but if he leaves, I'll wish him nothing but the best.

He caught a quick slant from Losman and beat the Jets' secondary for a 51 yard touchdown back in 2006 or 2007.

I don't blame you for not remembering.

Wasn't that Lonnie Johnson? Oh, wrong decade.

To echo something Kelly said, Roscoe is a fearless football player.

I've NEVER seen a player ignore gunners and ignore the fair catch option as much as Roscoe has. His ability to catch the ball and in an instant sidestep the first tackler is phenomenal.

As far as giving Roscoe "a pass," I judge him for the football player that he is… a damn good undersized wide receiver that the Bills should never have drafted in the 2nd round.

If Roscoe wasn't the guy to draft there, it's not his fault. Roscoe has never cheated us on effort.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is how effusive Gailey has always been in his praise of Roscoe. Publicly Gailey has gone out of his way to be supportive and flattering of Roscoe… so we know the Head Coach likes the guy.

Wherever Roscoe goes I'm glad for all the great thrills he gave and the effort he always put forth.

I'd happily keep him on the team as our punt returner and 4th or 5th wideout but if he leaves, I'll wish him nothing but the best.

Agreed. I'll also wonder what he'd be if dropped with a team with a great qb. If taken off special teams and given to an offense where he'd be protected by great throws and smart schemes- I think he could've contributed quite a bit, and stayed healthier. A shiftier version of lance Moore maybe (never liked the welker comparisons).

True, however, I remember my brother and I being in shocked disbelief that the Bills would draft a 5'9" 175 pound WR. We knew he was gonna get killed out there, and he's been hurt nearly every year. It's not hard to imagine why...

And then when you found out he was really only 5'8" 168#... :wallbash:

That regime did a lot of silly things.

To his credit as others have pointed out - he was an absolutely dominant punt returner. If they could have afforded to have him in only that role full-time he might have lasted longer.

Edited by BobChalmers