Facebook Unfriending

Guffalo

I am a reluctant Facebooker... I started an account about a year and a half ago, and had 12 "friends"...all immediate family. I just ignored any friend requests I got, or emailed the person and explained, "I don't really do Facebook". Then, at my part-time job, they established a "group page" where we do all of our communicating, concerning schedule swapping, and stuff like that...it was okay. When two of my long-time co-workers at that job passed away within three weeks of eachother (one murdered, the other natural causes), I was bomabarded with friend requests...everyone was in mourning, and it seemed like the right thing to do, to accept more friends. My "friends" went from my normal 12, to about 55 withing the course of a week...then, my mother died this past week...more requests...Facebook has become a committment I don't really want...should I just ignore it? It sounds like "un-friending" is not the way to go! :wacko:

I am a reluctant Facebooker... I started an account about a year and a half ago, and had 12 "friends"...all immediate family. I just ignored any friend requests I got, or emailed the person and explained, "I don't really do Facebook". Then, at my part-time job, they established a "group page" where we do all of our communicating, concerning schedule swapping, and stuff like that...it was okay. When two of my long-time co-workers at that job passed away within three weeks of eachother (one murdered, the other natural causes), I was bomabarded with friend requests...everyone was in mourning, and it seemed like the right thing to do, to accept more friends. My "friends" went from my normal 12, to about 55 withing the course of a week...then, my mother died this past week...more requests...Facebook has become a committment I don't really want...should I just ignore it? It sounds like "un-friending" is not the way to go! :wacko:

If you unfriend any of them, I will shiv you.

Mofo.

Dang, Buff, so sorry to hear of your losses. My condolences.

If you unfriend any of them, I will shiv you.

Mofo.

Some dude I went to middle school with, out of the clear blue f'ing sky poked me the other day. Clearly he's probing for weakness, and with over 200 friends watching this go down, I need to send the message that I am not to be F#$%ED with. What would you recommmend?

Facebook is nothing more than a descendant (grandchild or great grandchild) of AOL Instant Messaging.

And AOL Instant Messaging is directly responsible for the downfall of Western society.

Where do message boards fall?

Some dude I went to middle school with, out of the clear blue f'ing sky poked me the other day. Clearly he's probing for weakness, and with over 200 friends watching this go down, I need to send the message that I am not to be F#$%ED with. What would you recommmend?

Check out his page, maybe he's changed since middle school and just trying to reconnect with old classmates. I've started checking my classmates and I'm a little surprised at how some of them are now, compared to then, in terms of who they are "friends" with, and what they are up to.

Condolances as well.

BTW, i have not seen our own tenneseeBoy posting lately..and he lives in that neck of the woods..hmm

Check out his page, maybe he's changed since middle school and just trying to reconnect with old classmates. I've started checking my classmates and I'm a little surprised at how some of them are now, compared to then, in terms of who they are "friends" with, and what they are up to.

So you're saying I should beat up his kids when they get off the bus today or just set his care on fire?

So you're saying I should beat up his kids when they get off the bus today or just set his care on fire?

Well, you don't say anything about how he treated you in middle school, or how long it's been since then, or how old you are now. So why the hatred toward him?

Well, you don't say anything about how he treated you in middle school, or how long it's been since then, or how old you are now. So why the hatred toward him?

Before anyone takes this too seriously, I do not consider "poking" on facebook to be an act of agression that is appropriately met with violence, and I do not condone facebook related violence in any way, shape, or form. My comments were entirely facetious, in fact, no long lost middle school acquaintance "poked" me on facebook.

I am a little concerned that the sum of my work here at TBD has led some to believe that I may be prone to extreme and violent over-reactions.

One of the girls out of college that got hired at ge 2 years ago had a picture of her in a bath tub drinking and drunk.(Not Much on). One of the people that worked for her sent it all over the shop.

Link please.

Don't post it here, put it in Last Post Wins, so not everyone will find it.

Don't post it here, put it in Last Post Wins, so not everyone will find it.

She is a Buffalo fan and has been to a lot of tailgate parties.

Dad pissed at daughter's facebook post shoots her laptop.

http://digitallife.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/10/10373426-dad-punishes-facebook-post-with-8-bullets-to-daughters-laptop

Sorry to hear about your mom, my condolences as well.

I could always go take a look...

That could be the tonic! Though Facebook would lose about $3Billion in market cap.

While you're at it maybe you could Rosen OWS too. No, wait. You'd need to visit Verizon & ATT for that. Then nobody could use their cell phones.

What a tragedy that would be. :ph34r: