Wolf Blitzer...a Bills fan

phypon

I watched a Piers Morgan show tonight and at the end showed him asking people who they thought would win the SB. When it came time for Wolf to answer he said (paraphrase), "I have no answer, I'm a Buffalo Bills fan".

I know, I know, not a big deal. I just found it interesting and thought I would share.

I watched a Piers Morgan show tonight and at the end showed him asking people who they thought would win the SB. When it came time for Wolf to answer he said (paraphrase), "I have no answer, I'm a Buffalo Bills fan".

I know, I know, not a big deal. I just found it interesting and thought I would share.

Yeah I've heard Blitzer mention he was from Buffalo a few times actually and always wondered if he was a Bills fan. On a dside note - Piers Morgan? Really brother? What a creeper that guy is.

Wolf once appeared on an episode of Celebrity Jeopardy.

He did not do St. Joe's proud.

You would have expected more from one of America's most-recognized political commentators.

He came in a very distant 3rd to Dana Delaney and Andy Richter… in fact if I recall correctly, he had no money at the end of Double Jeopardy so couldn't participate in the Final Jeopardy round.

What made it worse is that all the contestants are playing for charity so the questions are softballs and virtually every category is in an area favored by the contestant.

Wolf was even getting questions tailor-made for him, incorrect.

To top it all off, Alex was in rare form for that show, exceeding even his own lofty standards for being falsely earnest and unintentionally hilarious.

It was very ignominious for Wolf and I believe you can watch the episode on YouTube if you like seeing a national newsperson embarrass themselves on Jeopardy.

He came in a very distant 3rd to Dana Delaney and Andy Richter… in fact if I recall correctly, he had no money at the end of Double Jeopardy so couldn't participate in the Final Jeopardy

I remember hearing about that episode. Wasn't Andy Richter blowing everyone away with his knowledge?

Our stock just went down... Wolf is a dolt. But he is better than Anderson Cooper.

Wolf once appeared on an episode of Celebrity Jeopardy.

He did not do St. Joe's proud.

You would have expected more from one of America's most-recognized political commentators.

He came in a very distant 3rd to Dana Delaney and Andy Richter… in fact if I recall correctly, he had no money at the end of Double Jeopardy so couldn't participate in the Final Jeopardy round.

What made it worse is that all the contestants are playing for charity so the questions are softballs and virtually every category is in an area favored by the contestant.

Wolf was even getting questions tailor-made for him, incorrect.

To top it all off, Alex was in rare form for that show, exceeding even his own lofty standards for being falsely earnest and unintentionally hilarious.

It was very ignominious for Wolf and I believe you can watch the episode on YouTube if you like seeing a national newsperson embarrass themselves on Jeopardy.

There's an easy St. Joe's joke in there somewhere, but Blitzer graduated from Ken West. He's pretty seriously Jewish (not that St. Joe's hasn't had Jewish students over the years; I'm sure that it has).

There's an easy St. Joe's joke in there somewhere, but Blitzer graduated from Ken West. He's pretty seriously Jewish (not that St. Joe's hasn't had Jewish students over the years; I'm sure that it has).

Did he play football? He has a great name for a linebacker. ...with the 45th pick the Bills draft Wolf Blitzer. Kind of like Reggie Corner.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

"To build a school on Kenmore Avenue, is to build no school at all." - Rev. James Van Dyke, S.J.

I will grant, however, that the Christian Brothers do make a nice brandy.

Ad majorem Dei gloriam, baby!!!! B-)

post-2970-012967000 1328363781_thumb.jpg

Blitzer is a UB Grad. I photographed him (on assignment) back in the the early '90's at the Pentagon.

Yeah I've heard Blitzer mention he was from Buffalo a few times actually and always wondered if he was a Bills fan. On a dside note - Piers Morgan? Really brother? What a creeper that guy is.

lol. Piers is okay once in a while, depends on the guest. I've only caught his show a couple of times. I really only watched it last night because Ron Paul was the guest. One other episode I recall watching was when Penn (from Penn & Teller) was the guest.

LOL Pretty funny thread.I am Wolf's cousin! He, my brother and myself had season tickets for the Bills in 1966 and attended the AFL title game together that year. He's a Bills fan but I don't think he suffers when they lose like I do.

Wolf attended Kenmore West and I believe did play football.

His father did nor run Mastmans. There was a store called Blitzer's kosher Delicatessan at I believe 1434 Hertel which his dad ran and my dad Sam Friedman took over when Dave Blitzer went to start a home building business.

Wolf also graduated from UB.

Those were the good old days. The Bills would even win the division once in a while.

LOL Pretty funny thread.I am Wolf's cousin! He, my brother and myself had season tickets for the Bills in 1966 and attended the AFL title game together that year. He's a Bills fan but I don't think he suffers when they lose like I do.

His father did nor run Mastmans. There was a store called Blitzer's kosher Delicatessan at I believe 1434 Hertel which his dad ran and my dad Sam Friedman took over when Dave Blitzer went to start a home building business.

Those were the good old days. The Bills would even win the division once in a while.

Good info.

Thanks.

I loved the North Buffalo and Kenmore area.

I have met Wolf in DC. He is a gentleman and very nice person.

My parents owned a house at Tacoma and Virgil Ave. So it was near the area where the Deli you referred to was located.

If I'm not mistaken Wolf gained a higher profile covering the first Iraq war for CNN inside of Iraq while the bombs were going off around him. He is a quality reporter who is also a quality person.

Well I don't know about that. He did write what some have characterized as a sympathetic book about that scumbag spy Jonathan pollard.

Did you read the book? Some people might characterize the book as being sympathetic towards Pollard and others might characterize the book in a different light. Maybe Wolf just wrote a book on the story about the dual loyalties of Pollard and the spy story about the episode? There is an intriguing storyline in the Pollard spy saga that deals with the conflicting interests between the U.S. and its ally in Israel.

I didn't read the book either. So I'm not making any claims about it. But relying on some long ago characterizations about something can often be very unuseful in drawing a fair opinion about that particular subject matter.

Thanks for the fix. Yeah, I think I remember Blitzer's now.

I always seen Wolf on CNN cuz my girlfriend likes watching CNN Newsroom and I always thought of Wolf to be a, how do you call it? A dick. But I like him now..

I also google'd Celebrity Buffalo Bills fans and though I don't know if they're blowing smoke or not but, apparently Donald Trump is a huge fan also. Jim Carrey as well, Meatloaf, Brian McKnight, Dean Cain and also I always knew Chris Berman had a soft spot for our Bills but apparently it's cuz he's a fan...

I also google'd Celebrity Buffalo Bills fans and though I don't know if they're blowing smoke or not but, apparently Donald Trump is a huge fan also. Jim Carrey as well, Meatloaf, Brian McKnight, Dean Cain and also I always knew Chris Berman had a soft spot for our Bills but apparently it's cuz he's a fan...

Dean Cain (Superman) was drafted by the Bills out of Princeton as a safety. Late round pick.

He was a free agent signing. he had knee problems that started acting up during training camp and decided to get surgery instead of playing that season. He was told that if no one picked him up, the Bills wanted him back, but even after surgery he still was having issues. At some point during his "Superman" years, Marv used him as part of a speech to the team, saying "We cut Superman!". In 1995, Dean was on one of the late night shows, it might have been the Tonight Show, and he mentioned wanting to see a game in Buffalo. Someone with the Bills saw it, started making calls, and in less than a week Dean Cain was on the sidelines for the game against the Dolphins. (This was also my first home game at Rich Stadium)