Keith Ellison

Does anyone else think they need to bring back Keith Ellison? The guy was a tackling machine in the middle. He wasn't the biggest guy in the world, but he played with a ton of heart. I don't believe he was on an active roster this year, so knowing Keith, I'm sure he spent the whole year working out and prepping for 2012. I'm sure you could get him for cheap, I'd say it's worth a shot. This is the type of guy you bring in if you want to build a championship caliber roster.

Does anyone else think they need to bring back Keith Ellison? The guy was a tackling machine in the middle. He wasn't the biggest guy in the world, but he played with a ton of heart. I don't believe he was on an active roster this year, so knowing Keith, I'm sure he spent the whole year working out and prepping for 2012. I'm sure you could get him for cheap, I'd say it's worth a shot. This is the type of guy you bring in if you want to build a championship caliber roster.

He's in congress now and is a Mormon.

if going back to 4-3 he could be a good depth player. Where he wasn't exceptional at any facet of the game he was a decent role player at a position where we are sorely lacking.

Didn't he play OLB? Keith Ellison did well for himself, considering he was an undersized backup type of LB...But he still is what he is. If the Bills every truly want to be good again, they need to start looking for top quality players, not just mediocre guys that can hold their own...In my opinion anyway..

Edit: I'll answer my own question. He played almost entirely OLB for the Bills, but started 2 games at ILB in 2010. Poz/John Digorgio played MLB during those years.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Didn't he play OLB? Keith Ellison did well for himself, considering he was an undersized backup type of LB...But he still is what he is. If the Bills every truly want to be good again, they need to start looking for top quality players, not just mediocre guys that can hold their own...In my opinion anyway..

Edit: I'll answer my own question. He played almost entirely OLB for the Bills, but started 2 games at ILB in 2010. Poz/John Digorgio played MLB during those years.

You're right, he was an OLB. All the more reason to bring him back. He was light, just like Maybin. And look at what Maybin did with the Jets! Maybe if Ellison could shed a few lbs. and get down to the 220 pound range like Maybin, we may have our answer at OLB and our new pass rusher for 2012.

You're right, he was an OLB. All the more reason to bring him back. He was light, just like Maybin. And look at what Maybin did with the Jets! Maybe if Ellison could shed a few lbs. and get down to the 220 pound range like Maybin, we may have our answer at OLB and our new pass rusher for 2012.

You are right about OLB being a weak spot for the Bills...But comparing him to Maybin probably isn't a great way to present your case...

"Mormon" is the American version of the Middle Eastern based "Muslim" religion. Both fit under the umbrella of "Islam". It is like Catholics and Methodists are both Christians.

P.S. Nice try on the Peter Pan link.

And its all a crock of ****, so who cares

Slow day?

Are you his mother or manager?

:wallbash:

Thank God you don't have any say in the Bills personnel decisions. Good Lord, Ellison was horrible at best and only was able to look halfway decent because the rest of the team sucked balls around him!!

:wallbash:

Thank God you don't have any say in the Bills personnel decisions. Good Lord, Ellison was horrible at best and only was able to look halfway decent because the rest of the team sucked balls around him!!

That's because we didn't use him properly. I think if we set him up as an outside pass rusher, we'd be looking at 10-15 sacks easy. Typical Ralph being cheap not wanting to re-sign the guy. He didn't play this last year, probably because teams weren't willing to pay the high salary he would've commanded, but now I bet he'd come on the cheap being that he sat out a whole year and is desperate to get back on the field. Git 'r done, Buddy!

That's because we didn't use him properly. I think if we set him up as an outside pass rusher, we'd be looking at 10-15 sacks easy. Typical Ralph being cheap not wanting to re-sign the guy. He didn't play this last year, probably because teams weren't willing to pay the high salary he would've commanded, but now I bet he'd come on the cheap being that he sat out a whole year and is desperate to get back on the field. Git 'r done, Buddy!

Got it, this is just a joke.

Whew!! Really thought you lost your mind there or just got liquored up and had access to a computer.

:o:blink::oops:

Why not? Having a light, but lightning quick defense is how championship teams are doing it these days. Keith Ellison was the prototypical ILB.

Really? have you seen the patriots or giants defense? or any other team in the playoffs.

Please tell me you're not serious...Use the ;) smiley or something for God's sake...Or hurry up with the punch line...You've taken it too far already... B-)

"Mormon" is the American version of the Middle Eastern based "Muslim" religion. Both fit under the umbrella of "Islam". It is like Catholics and Methodists are both Christians.

P.S. Nice try on the Peter Pan link.

Ummmm I'm pretty sure if I told my mother she's a Mormon and not a Muslim she'd smack me across the head... You're stupid...

I liked keith.... My favorite special teamer that never got a chance to start was Josh stamer... He looks like kratos from God of war...

Edited by HuSeYiN1978

I liked keith.... My favorite special teamer that never got a chance to start was Josh stamer... He looks like kratos from God of war...

BY FAR the Bills special teamer who was not given a fair shake to contribute from scrimmage until, ironically the end of his career was Steve Tasker.

For those who didn't see Tasker play from scrimmage, think Wes Welker… Welker is a Tasker clone.

Coming in a close second is Mario Haggan who's had an excellent career as a well-above average OLB in Denver. That body slam he had on Johnny White which gave White the concussion is a typical Haggan play.

BY FAR the Bills special teamer who was not given a fair shake to contribute from scrimmage until, ironically the end of his career was Steve Tasker.

For those who didn't see Tasker play from scrimmage, think Wes Welker… Welker is a Tasker clone.

Coming in a close second is Mario Haggan who's had an excellent career as a well-above average OLB in Denver. That body slam he had on Johnny White which gave White the concussion is a typical Haggan play.

Well Tasker is an obvious one but I was talking more recent players and who can still play today... I also agree with Mario Haggan but I was more into seeing what Josh Stamer and Jon Corto would do if they started cuz they both were excellent special teamers for us as of recent years...

um except that Keith Ellison you linked is 48. Maybe we can get it straight:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Ellison_(American_football)

and he is likely mormon, or more likely, as his brother did attend BYU. just saying...

I know the difference between the two Kieth Ellisons. I was just adding to what I thought was a joke by Crayonz.

PTR