Minnesota 2-12 @Wash, Chi .516

Cleveland 4-10 @Bal, Pit .492

Tampa Bay 4-10 @Car, @Atl .496

Jacksonville 4-10 @Tenn, Ind .520

Washington 5-9 Min, @Phi .473

Miami 5-9 @NE, NYJ .516

Buffalo 5-9 Den, @NE .535

Carolina 5-9 TB, @NO .555

I think Jacksonville will win their final game against the colts making them 5-11, Washington will beat the Vikings at home next week making them 6-10, and Carolina will beat TB at home this week to make their final record 6-10. I am hoping that Miami will lose one of their two remaining games, but I just don't see that happening. Of course, I see Buffalo losing their two remaining games.

This is how I see the final top 10 draft pick playing out...

1. Indianapolis (Andrew Luck QB Stan.)

2. St. Louis (Matt Kalil LT USC)

3. Minnesota (Justin Blackmon WR OkSt)

4. Cleveland (Trent Richardson RB Bama)

5. Tampa Bay (Morris Clayborne CB LSU)

6. Miami (Robert Griffin III QB Baylor)

7. Jacksonville (Matt Barkley QB USC)

8. Buffalo (Alshon Jeffery WR S.Car.)

9. Washington (Michael Floyd WR ND)

10. Carolina (Quentin Coples DE UNC)

I have us picking the best player available (IMO) at a position of need. A Miami win over the Jets or the Patsies could shake things up tremendously, and possibly give us a chance at one of the top 3 QB prospects (for those of you out there who want a QB). I guess we'll see how it all unfolds. What do you think :thumbsup:

Johnny,

I am confused....why would Miami pick ahead of us when they beat us twice (and if we had the same record presumably)

The first tiebreaker for draft position is strength of schedule (easier schedule = higher pick). The second tiebreaker is a coin flip. If the coin lands on edge, then head-to-head record is used as the third tiebreaker. If that does not resolve the tie, then Commissioner Goodell uses ink-a-dink to determine who drafts first.

No one's ever gotten past the 2nd tiebreaker, unfortunately.

Johny - I could see Tampa Bay trading down to our spot....maybe we can give them our 4th rounder and Lee-O-diss...that way we get RG3, they still get the CB they want, a 4th round pick, and we can unload #21 on some unsuspecting NFC team.

Decent idea, but I don't think Leodis McFumbles is the "CB they want," and I highly doubt that it would be sufficient to trade Leodis and a 4th round pick to move up to the #5 spot. I suspect that certain teams that have a need at QB (i.e., Washington) would be willing to give up a kings ransom to land Barkley or RGIII.

Current Order:

Team Current Record Remaining Opponents Strength of Schedule

Indianapolis 1-13 Hou, @Jax .520

St. Louis 2-12 @Pit, SF .477

Miami 5-9 @NE, NYJ .516

I think Jacksonville will win their final game against the colts making them 5-11, Washington will beat the Vikings at home next week making them 6-10, and Carolina will beat TB at home this week to make their final record 6-10. I am hoping that Miami will lose one of their two remaining games, but I just don't see that happening. Of course, I see Buffalo losing their two remaining games.

I have us picking the best player available (IMO) at a position of need. A Miami win over the Jets or the Patsies could shake things up tremendously, and possibly give us a chance at one of the top 3 QB prospects (for those of you out there who want a QB). I guess we'll see how it all unfolds. What do you think :thumbsup:

First off Why the hell does Miami draft ahead of us when they swept us? SOS is one thing but they swept us so we draft ahead of them. Next, WR? are you kidding me? Our QB sucks, OL sucks, still need 4 starting LB's if we stay 3-4 ect. Screw WR

Johny - I could see Tampa Bay trading down to our spot....maybe we can give them our 4th rounder and Lee-O-diss...that way we get RG3, they still get the CB they want, a 4th round pick, and we can unload #21 on some unsuspecting NFC team.

Love this.

If we can't land Barkley or RG3, Alshon Jeffrey is my man. If we are gonna be stuck with Fitz, we gotta get him targets that are effective intermediate recievers. Might as well add a TE to pair with Chandler in free agency as well. Fk the spread crap. We need guys who can work the middle of the field and help the running game be more physical.

I really don't see Jax using another top pick on a qb. I see them taking either a wr or a lb. I also don't see the rams taking another tackle as they have saffold who is a nice left tackle although jason smith i have heard is terrible. I also see them taking a wr. I also really hope we don't take a wr as we need top talent in our lb corps.

First off Why the hell does Miami draft ahead of us when they swept us? SOS is one thing but they swept us so we draft ahead of them. Next, WR? are you kidding me? Our QB sucks, OL sucks, still need 4 starting LB's if we stay 3-4 ect. Screw WR

You're wrong.

Strength of schedule is the first tie-breaker. We have a "stronger" strength of schedule than Miami, therefore, if we have the same record....they pick ahead of us. Sorry to burst your bubble dude.

NEXT....which LB, OT, or QB would be worth the #8 pick in the draft? You'll notice that, in my mock draft, Luck, Barkley, & RGIII are all gone before we pick. I see this as being a very realistic possibility. So go ahead genius...who do we pick then?

If we can't land Barkley or RG3, Alshon Jeffrey is my man. If we are gonna be stuck with Fitz, we gotta get him targets that are effective intermediate recievers. Might as well add a TE to pair with Chandler in free agency as well. Fk the spread crap. We need guys who can work the middle of the field and help the running game be more physical.

All due respect, but if I'm taking a WR top ten I want more than an intermediate target even if I have a QB who can complete passes beyond 20 yards. And if Steve Johnson is gone, I'd rather replace him with a free agent that's got some experience in the league.

I do like the concept of taking a TE high because they guys they have are either JAG's or players who should be in the UFL.

Yeah, I think Miami beats the Jets, so that takes care of that.

The problem is that Belichek will have the Pats lay down in the meaningless last game...

Never would belicheat do this. First they want revenge for the earlier loss (both he and Brady you know will want to crush the bills) and second they will more than likely be playing for either home field advantage or the number 1 seed. On top of that gailey and nix will not try to win that one. I remember comments last year about not knocking themselves out of drafting position for a meaningless game (brohm as our starter). Im thinking 7th is most likely 6th is possible and 4th pie in the sky dreaming.

That being said nix (from san Diego days as well as Easley) has a track record of a mid round taller wide receivers. Not that it matters but I would prefer a few other positions over wr namely qb or olb at the very least

I really don't see Jax using another top pick on a qb. I see them taking either a wr or a lb. I also don't see the rams taking another tackle as they have saffold who is a nice left tackle although jason smith i have heard is terrible. I also see them taking a wr. I also really hope we don't take a wr as we need top talent in our lb corps.

I'm in agreement with you that drafting the best 3-4 rush OLB is priority #1. In this scenario, however, I don't think that there is one worth taking at the #8 spot. I think it's too early for a guy like Upshaw. I think it's more prudent, in this case, to take the best player available at a position of need. Which linebacker would be a good selection at the #8 spot?

Current Order:

Miami 5-9 @NE, NYJ .516

I don't believe Alshon Jeferey is anywhere near BPA in that scenario.

I'd say

Dre Kirkpatrick

Courtney Upshaw

Mike Adams

Are all BPA over Alshon

I mean I'd even say

Brandon Weeden

is BPA over Jeferey.

I think Jeferey will be heading to a playoff team not a Top10 pick.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm in agreement with you that drafting the best 3-4 rush OLB is priority #1. In this scenario, however, I don't think that there is one worth taking at the #8 spot. I think it's too early for a guy like Upshaw. I think it's more prudent, in this case, to take the best player available at a position of need. Which linebacker would be a good selection at the #8 spot?

Agreed - especially if the SJ thing doesn't work out...best player available and WR would have to come to mind....unless the FA thing works out.

I think you take courtney upshaw at that spot. I hate the "stretch" argument cause what happens if the guy plays 10 years at an elite level? Is he a stretch then? no

I don't believe Alshon Jeferey is anywhere near BPA in that scenario.

I'd say

Dre Kirkpatrick

Courtney Upshaw

Mike Adams

Are all BPA over Alshon

I mean I'd even say

Brandon Weeden

is BPA over Jeferey.

I think Jeferey will be heading to a playoff team not a Top10 pick.

I honestly thought about Dre Kirkpatrick, but I think WR is a much greater need for the Bills than is CB. I completely disagree about Upshaw, Adams, and Weeden. Brandon Weeden at #8 dude....really??? I think you are really underestimating the talent level of Alshon Jeffery.

I honestly thought about Dre Kirkpatrick, but I think WR is a much greater need for the Bills than is CB. I completely disagree about Upshaw, Adams, and Weeden. Brandon Weeden at #8 dude....really??? I think you are really underestimating the talent level of Alshon Jeffery.

I like Alshon Jeffery a lot, (I actually liked Gurley and was surprised he went UDFA. I really think he'll be on the other end of Aaron Rodgers TDs when Driver retires. Gurley just turned down a roster offer from the ViQueens) I just don't see him going #8 overall.

Yeah Weeden was an exaggeration but, if we're talking pure BPA I'd put Jeffery in the Top 30 not Top 10. I'd put Weeden in the top 25.

I like Alshon Jeffery a lot, (I actually liked Gurley and was surprised he went UDFA. I really think he'll be on the other end of Aaron Rodgers TDs when Driver retires. Gurley just turned down a roster offer from the ViQueens) I just don't see him going #8 overall.

Yeah Weeden was an exaggeration but, if we're talking pure BPA I'd put Jeffery in the Top 30 not Top 10. I'd put Weeden in the top 25.

Weeden is 28 which will hurt his value. I also feel Jeffery will be rated higher than weeden almost unanimously in draft projections. There are at least 5 qbs (luck, Barkley, rg3, jones, and tannehill) that will be rated above weeden. Jeffery will be rated second or third Wr ( betwee he and Floyd)

That said I'd be upset with a wr pick in the 1st, or weeden with anything higher than our 3rd pick. Not our biggest need and not a prospect I'd draft for the future due to age.

Well....we will have to just agree to disagree bro. I lived in Charlotte until recently, and I followed South Carolina very closely last season. I honestly though he was the second best WR in the country last year (Green 1st, Blackmon 3rd). He has had a "down season" this year, which is largely attributable to very poor QB play. I think he would be a good value pick at #8.

I think we should trade our 1st rounder for next years 1st rounder with a team and then trade our 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7th rounders of this year also to different teams for next years 2,3,4,5,6,and 7 and then next year trade both our 2nd's to move back down to 1st that way we'll have 3 picks in the 1st round to ensure that we finally will have a 1st round draft pick that will turn into a superstar (minus Dareus).... If they don't do what I said then with the 1st round we should draft a kicker 2nd punter 3rd long snapper 4th running back 5th another kicker 6th a special teams kick returner and 7th QB since we lost Levi Brown.... (Since we always draft positions we don't need anyway)

Current Order:

Miami 5-9 @NE, NYJ .516

Jacksonville will not draft a QB with Gabbert, he needs more time to improve. We should draft Quinton Coples who is the best pass rusher even though he is a 43 End. We run so much 43 we should at least have some ends that can fill that spot. Not sure how the Bills view our Defense but it wouldn't take much to switch back. Have Moats and Batten Muscle up and play the position they played in College, Draft Coples in the first and 43 OLB Nick Perry and we'd be all set.

DE Kelsay/ Batten

DT Dareus/ Carrington

DT Williams/ Heard

DE Coples/ Moats

SLB Perry/ Davis

MLB Sheppard/ White

WLB Barnett/ Morrison

Nix doesn't trade.

The Bills drafting either RG III or Barkley is their #1 priority. This franchise has been lost since Jim Kelly left and the time is now to give the Rams whatever they want for the #2 pick.

I'd give them the entire 2012 draft at this point.

I think Bills (I hope), Browns, Dolphins, Jaguars, Redskins will all be battling it out for who can get to the #2 and #3 spots. Because that's where the QBs will be going. Too many teams with only two QBs left after Luck. The Bills should make #2 an offer they can't refuse.

Edited by 1billsfan

Current Order:

Miami 5-9 @NE, NYJ .516

Miami and Jets hate each other. Lots of bad blood there. Im sure Miami would like nothing more than to stick a dagger in Jets playoffs chances in week 17. Game is also in Miami.

But even w/ Miami out of the picture I could still see Browns and Bucs snatching up the remaining "big 3" QBs on the board ahead us, which again raises the prospect of trading up w/ someone like Vikes or Rams. Bills have a ton of cap space to address needs with free agents, further arguing for draft maneuvering and sacrificing some picks.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Jacksonville will not draft a QB with Gabbert, he needs more time to improve. We should draft Quinton Coples who is the best pass rusher even though he is a 43 End. We run so much 43 we should at least have some ends that can fill that spot. Not sure how the Bills view our Defense but it wouldn't take much to switch back. Have Moats and Batten Muscle up and play the position they played in College, Draft Coples in the first and 43 OLB Nick Perry and we'd be all set.

DE Kelsay/ Batten

DT Dareus/ Carrington

DT Williams/ Heard

DE Coples/ Moats

SLB Perry/ Davis

MLB Sheppard/ White

WLB Barnett/ Morrison

Nix doesn't trade.

The talk in Jax is they already are over Gain Blabbert. He is gun shy and doesn't look down the field. No one believes he can make it in the NFL.

With a new regime coming in it is likely that they draft "their guy" in Jax then try to fix the last guy's guy.

I like that Coples pick if we go back to a base 4-3.

Only thing is I don't see Moats able to seriously play DE.

What about Dwan Edwards?

I also think Barnett and Shepp are both MLB.

I think the ghost of Merriman could line up as situational pass rushed at DE though.

DE Kelsay/ Edwards

DT Dareus/ Carrington

DT Williams/ Heard

DE Coples/ Merriman?

SLB Davis / Moats?

MLB Barnett / Sheppard

WLB Morrison / Batten?

That 4-3 configure has a nice d-line. KELSAY actually looks good with his hand on the ground.

But a mess at LB.

But its a mess at LB in 3-4 so I guess you're not really losing anything.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Bills need to sign Stevie and Draft DE Coples.

He's a freak. A true big pass rushing 270 lb defensive end. Dude is violent.

You can get free agency WR's, LB's, CB's etc. But the true stud DE's are like QB's. If you draft a good one you keep him. Bills fans will not tolerate another year of no pass rush, and I'm not banking on 'Merriman the Brittle' to help my team next year.

i think we will lose out the season and draft the first stud DE we've had since number 78.

The teams that are making the playoffs (and winning the SB) year in and year out have ELITE quarterbacks on their roster (See Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roth, etc.). Anyone who doesn't think this is a quarterback's league needs a CAT Scan. Fitz is a middle tier QB ON HIS BEST DAY - we will not win a SB with him. Period.

Why we wouldn't give up picks/players NOW to secure the team for the next decade is beyond me. Draft one of the most highly touted QBs in recent memory, generate some buzz (translation: sell some tickets Ralphie), and let's put a competitive product on the field. Enough with the 20-year plan to turn the Bad News Bills into a 9-7 team. If Ralph wants a shot at winning the big game while he's still on the sunny side of the turf, he should do everything necessary to secure a top QB in THIS draft - even if it takes us another year or two to put the right pieces around him.

Of course, there are plenty of you who will want to draft a DE, LB, WR, or OT. For you, I'll point out that there are plenty of teams with excellent position players that never play in the post season. If that's what you want, be prepared for another decade of hoping that we might put together a team that can squeak into the playoffs as a wild card only to get pounded by a team with a FRANCHISE QB.

Current Order:

Miami 5-9 @NE, NYJ .516