And now what do you think

ieatcrayonz

For years I have been listening to everyone say we should have picked Ngata over Whitner. Well you know what, this year is pretty much proving otherwise. Baltimore's defense is looking old and tired while SF's is flourishing right after they added Whitner. Linemen like Ngata wear down quickly plus they aren't as important in today's NFL. Stud DBs like Whitner make a difference on every part of the field.

Think of it like this:

Football players are like chess pieces. The pawns are up front, they are typically the first ones to move, but they are not able to do a lot of things. This is just like a lineman. DBs are like bishops and rooks and stuff. You never see them coming and you don't know what hit you.

Can we finally put the Whitner/Ngata whining to rest?

For years I have been listening to everyone say we should have picked Ngata over Whitner. Well you know what, this year is pretty much proving otherwise. Baltimore's defense is looking old and tired while SF's is flourishing right after they added Whitner. Linemen like Ngata wear down quickly plus they aren't as important in today's NFL. Stud DBs like Whitner make a difference on every part of the field.

Think of it like this:

Football players are like chess pieces. The pawns are up front, they are typically the first ones to move, but they are not able to do a lot of things. This is just like a lineman. DBs are like bishops and rooks and stuff. You never see them coming and you don't know what hit you.

Uh I hardly think that Whitner is the reason why San Fran's defense is good this year. He's playing good but he's not the Pro Bowl calibre player that he was expected to be when taken #8 overall. He was a very average player for our defense, and he's average for San Francisco though he's playing with better players

Think of it like this:

This will be fun to watch

Think of it like this:

Your logic is inarguable.

I concede.

But you have to concede that the John McCargo pick was a bad one… you practically said it yourself.

Uh I hardly think that Whitner is the reason why San Fran's defense is good this year. He's playing good but he's not the Pro Bowl calibre player that he was expected to be when taken #8 overall. He was a very average player for our defense, and he's average for San Francisco though he's playing with better players

He is not the only player on the team but he was a critical piece to the puzzle. They had neglected their DBs and when Harbaugh got there he realized he needed DBs like Whitner. Meanwhile Ngata's decline continues on national TV.

He is not the only player on the team but he was a critical piece to the puzzle. They had neglected their DBs and when Harbaugh got there he realized he needed DBs like Whitner. Meanwhile Ngata's decline continues on national TV.

Since when is Whitner a "stud" DB? Polomalu is a stud SS. Ed Reed was a stud SS. Donte Whitner is a very average SS - not a "stud"

Your logic is inarguable.

I concede.

But you have to concede that the John McCargo pick was a bad one… you practically said it yourself.

He is basically a pawn. He had a back back too. A pawn with a bad back has not won too many chess matches.

Since when is Whitner a "stud" DB? Polomalu is a stud SS. Ed Reed was a stud SS. Donte Whitner is a very average SS - not a "stud"

Huh? SF and Pitt have about the same record. Polomalu is a good player with hair grown to draw attention to himself. Whitner is basically the same player but humble. Poz is a horrible player with beautiful hair. You can take the hype and production or just the production. I'm fine either way. I would take Polomalu over Ngata too.

Think of it like this:

stop trolling

Think of it like this:

perfect logic.

Nothing more important to a well-game played of Chess than pawn structure. Any good player will tell you the same.

And chess hasn't evolved in thousands of years. In the last 5 years the "bishops and rooks" of football have basically taken over.

Think of it like this:

If Ngata never ever has another good play, his career far outshines that of Donte Whitner even if Whitner plays another 10 years.

Uh, that may be a tad overstated. I don't have a link but I remember the coach when asked "Where could the defense improve" He answered with something like More aggressive play from the safeties. That was few weeks back. Until today at least, they have not allowed a rushing TD. Kudos there. But I just would say that Donte Whitner is far from a critical piece to the 9ers puzzle. He is a serviceable player that will receive no pro bowl consideration.

Uh, that may be a tad overstated. I don't have a link but I remember the coach when asked "Where could the defense improve" He answered with something like More aggressive play from the safeties. That was few weeks back. Until today at least, they have not allowed a rushing TD. Kudos there. But I just would say that Donte Whitner is far from a critical piece to the 9ers puzzle. He is a serviceable player that will receive no pro bowl consideration.

So you're saying that maybe Whitner's not a bishop or a rook but more of a knight?

1324267749[/url]' post='2339780']

Think of it like this:

Wow. Whitner is NOT the reason their defense is playing so well. He's a small piece to the equation. Ngata >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whitner every day of the week

Huh? SF and Pitt have about the same record. Polomalu is a good player with hair grown to draw attention to himself. Whitner is basically the same player but humble. Poz is a horrible player with beautiful hair. You can take the hype and production or just the production. I'm fine either way. I would take Polomalu over Ngata too.

Whitner's cheap! If he would only follow the directions on the bottle - - Lather, rinse, REPEAT - - he could have great hair, too. But when you try to save a few pennies, don't follow directions, and start free-lancing Whitner is what you get. A mediocre saftey with mediocre hair.

No single player is more important than the team. He should re-lather like the top DBs do. If he did that, he'd be more of a queen - - not just a rook like Aaron Williams.

Trolling is a deliberate action. I think this guy actually believes Whitner is a stud DB. That should tell you all you need to know about his acumen

Actually, Rook, your post shows everyone here your acumen. Pawns are to be seen, but not heard..

Think of it like this:

Obvious troll thread. If not, I recommend sterilization.

:lol:

I agree cometely Crayonz. It's clearly obvious that 2 things changed with the 49ers coming into this season. A young head coach with a firm handshake and a stud S. Personally I think we should fire Gailey, hire young boy Shottenheimer and draft the best S in the upcoming draft.

Think of it like this:

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent statement were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I'm going to assume that you're joking here.

Typically, one wouldn't mention Whitner in the same breadth as Polamalu.

Whitner and Polomalu both looked good last night. Too bad for Troy he only looked good because his locks were flowing freely in the bayside breeze as he chased Vernon Davis and company down the field. Meanwhile Donte was keeping everything in front of him and causing coverage sacks.

It is only one game but I think Donte continued to make his point. It is too late for us to re-sign him but I hope the FO takes notice before letting good players like Johnson and Jackson walk.

Whitner and Polomalu both looked good last night. Too bad for Troy he only looked good because his locks were flowing freely in the bayside breeze as he chased Vernon Davis and company down the field. Meanwhile Donte was keeping everything in front of him and causing coverage sacks.

It is only one game but I think Donte continued to make his point. It is too late for us to re-sign him but I hope the FO takes notice before letting good players like Johnson and Jackson walk.

Sounds like you have been eating Whitner's crayons.

Think of it like this:

FAIL...Whitener = Stud!? Enough said.

If you put Kelsay on the 49ers defense he would be fine, not great but a capable guy with good players around him. Whitner is the same way, not a difference maker but if you have good guys around him you don't look to him for big plays and then he's alright.

Not a difference maker? Last year another team won the division with a 7-9 record. I think it was Seattle. This year they get Whitner and are fighting for a first round bye.

That sounds like a difference to me. He might not be loud about it or grow his hair until it screams "ME ME ME" but a difference is a difference.

Think of it like this:

You definitely don't have a checkmate with your statement... If Whitner is a bishop then he's a bishop that can move diagonally but can't advance more than a couple squares... Meaning yeah we knew he had talent but either HE didn't utilize it or wasn't put in a good position to utilize his talents... I don't think he's gonna make the pro bowl in the 49ers team if you ask me so, either way we look at it, there's definitely a coaching problem in the Bills organization cuz at least 7 out of 10 players that leave Buffalo actually make some noise on other teams (i.e. Jim Leanhord, Jabari Greer, Anthony Hargrove, I can't bare to say this but even Maybin) Oh and Whitner compared to Ngata is also a retarded comparison... I'll give you heart for even thinking they're the same caliber of a player but you couldn't be more wrong on anything else for the rest of your life... Unless if you think Fitzpatrick is better than Tom Brady

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent statement were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:thumbsup: Have a shot on me that was perfectly said :beer: